Mistings

Zayde

Pewter or maybe Steel would be my choices. Pewter could come in dead useful in self-defense, as well as surviving the heat where I am. As for steel, well, who wouldn't want to be able to jump around and "fly" like that? I'm leaning heavily towards pewter, though. It's just a better fit for me, I think.

Though I personally think being a Pulser or a Slider would also be all kinds of fun.

Not knowing exactly how Pulsing and Sliding work, I'm gonna go with Iron.  Why not Steel?  Because I think Pulling to travel would be a lot easier than Pushing.  Think Spiderman.  You'd basically be him minus the webs but with the metal restriction.  That would be all sorts of awesome.

EDIT: Now that I've confirmed with Brandon how exactly Pulsing/Sliding works, I'm still going to go with Iron.

Not knowing exactly how Pulsing and Sliding work, I'm gonna go with Iron.  Why not Steel?  Because I think Pulling to travel would be a lot easier than Pushing.  Think Spiderman.  You'd basically be him minus the webs but with the metal restriction.  That would be all sorts of awesome.

EDIT: Now that I've confirmed with Brandon how exactly Pulsing/Sliding works, I'm still going to go with Iron.

Could you share how they work or is that need to know? I would like to be a coinshot but i would also use hemulurgy to create a lurcher. (not actually but we are talking theoretical) the bright side is that no crazy ruin voices just sazed condeming you for using hemelurgy.

I was a little confused on the mechanics of it and he cleared things up for me.  I wasn't sure if, when you used the metal, you were affected by the time bubble, and he says that you are.  Everything inside the bubble, including you, is either sped up or slowed down, it's what's outside the bubble that matters.

When I asked him about it, the example he used was that, if there's a guy about to shoot you, you could burn bendalloy and speed up, thus making everything outside the circle slow down so you can get out of the way before he even shoots.

Or you could get a guy in the bubble with you when you burn cadmium, slowing things down, and have your teammates outside the circle maneuver while you've got the guy or guys in slowed in the bubble with you.

You could pull off some Matrix type stuff with that.  Well, until the bullets get inside your bubble and shoot ya dead.

The next question about these should be whether or not a Pulser/Slider can adjust the size/shape of their bubble.  That'd be good.  If you can bring it in close around you being a Slider would be just SO cool.

This might need another Q&A answer to confirm, but I'm pretty sure how strongly you're burning the metal would affect the size of the bubble. Just barely burning it would give you enough space for you, but flaring it would take the bubble as big you can make it.

That's just my guess, anyways.

When I asked him about it, the example he used was that, if there's a guy about to shoot you, you could burn bendalloy and speed up, thus making everything outside the circle slow down so you can get out of the way before he even shoots.

Or you could get a guy in the bubble with you when you burn cadmium, slowing things down, and have your teammates outside the circle maneuver while you've got the guy or guys in slowed in the bubble with you.

That was the example he used for us, too.

I would think that how you burned it would affect the rate time is slowed down or sped up and not the size of the bubble. That would to some pretty interesting situations such as someone burning so much power that they're stuck in their time bubble for millennia. If it's both, then it could lead to even more interesting situations like an entire city being trapped... This makes me rather excited to see what Brandon has planned for these metals.

Perhaps because you're a random, underdeveloped RP villain who needs to freeze an entire city in time in order to give the heroes someone to rescue. Or perhaps you're experimenting with Allomancy and want to see how living for extended periods in a "time bubble" affects the people inside. Or perhaps you're just plain bored.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand. This is just me, but I think having control of the size of the bubble would be more fun than the intensity of the time shift. Adjusting it to include just me, or perhaps my entire party, would make a fight really interesting. It also has the added bonus of being able to keep my enemies outside (or inside) the bubble.

I'd imagine yes, as well as those of anyone else in the bubble. Mind you, for a user inside the bubble, the perceived duration of the burn - depending on how someone inside the bubble perceives the passage of time while inside - would likely remain the same.

Unless Cadmium and Bendalloy only effect physical movement, which wasn't specified, then every physical function of every person inside the bubble would be affected. That includes burn duration of metals.

Mind you, some metals burn faster than others. If this is indeed what happens, it could be balanced by saying that Cadmium is a slow burn, while Bendalloy burns quickly.

I think we need another Word of God on this.