If you were an Epic?

Carcinios

Primary Powers: Temperature manipulation. (Example: If I'm very mildly irritated at some bureaucrats in a closed room with no windows, the room might spontaneously go up to around 105 Degrees F, or if it is summer, the room might drop to 10 degrees C.) Unaffected by any range of temperatures or pressure changes, with a limited invulnerability to kinetic energy. (Aka if you go up and shoot him in the face with a shotgun, he will be fine. But if you have a firing squad of fully automatic rifles on shooting him, he goes down in a few seconds.) Finally, he can also teleport once every five hours up to 400 meters away, without line of sight. If he gets stuck underground or something like that, he just melts the soil around him.

Secondary Powers: Limited X-Ray vision, can see through about two feet of solid material in any direction. Also, slow regeneration and a uber-high level of damage that must be reached before he is dead. This doesn't mean that he can't feel pain or get hurt, it just means that he might slowly regenerate his body over a day or two and come back. 

Weakness: On the 13th minute of the 13th hour of the 13th day of the month, he doesn't have that Epic disregard for other people for 24 hours. In addition, his regeneration, invulnerability, and death ceiling are all disabled until the 14th hour of the 14th day. 

Brand of Evilness: When he gets bored, he makes there be contrasting levels of heat where many people are walking. For example, your face would feel freezing, your core would be overheating, and your legs would be turning into icicles. He prefers freezing people then heating them up.

Cheesy Name: Brain Freeze

Name: Genesis (Can't get more arrogant than that taking the biblical creation of the unvierse as a name)

Primary Power: Instantanious manifestation and creation of life from nothingness. From creating plants and animals to mutant horrors and/or making storm troopers and servants.

Secondary Power: Immortality and Gifting of Healing Factor, Minor superhuman physical attributes and one hell of a body.

Weakness: Apples, they must be eaten three times a day and can be used as weapon against me if they are poisoned. Cannot be sustained by apples created by my power. Powers are suppressed with each serving of apples that are missed. An apple bitten by a venomous snake and subsequently poisoned are my ultimate weakeness even by proximity. Life gifted/created by my powers cannot become epics or be Gifted to except by me, apples are fatally poisoness to them.

Manifestation of Evil: I hold court where I make people beg for themselves or their lovedones to be healed, made young, and basically try and bribe me to return them to health/youth. I send out my spies throughout the city I control and the rest of the world. I am the only one allowed to give them Hope. People who fail me get to live forever trapped as amber statues.

Costume: Living wood armor and staff topped with giant piece of amber, simple black robes and a gold trim with a hood. Tree of life is embroidered in emerald on the back.

Edited by Darkarma

1. What would your power/secondary power be?

My power would be a sphere of heat 12 feet in diameter that I can create at will.  The temperature of the heat sphere would vary depending on how much "energy" I am using.  For effective damage it would be an hour (The weakest) to around five minutes (The strongest).  At the weakest things within the sphere can catch fire and the air inside and near the sphere will turn dry.  At the maximum everything I touch would disintegrate and metals around me would melt.  Bullets shot at me would be melted in midair.  Poison gas/liquid fired at me would be evaporated.  I can also concentrate the heat sphere on certain places (ex: a small dot, a semi-sphere) but that would burn energy faster.  I can also expand the sphere's diameter, but that also requires more energy.  If I run out of energy, my body would start dissolving into painless flame releasing massive amounts of heat equal to a small star.  I cannot control where my body is dissolving.  I can stop the dissolving of my body.  Obviously, I am impervious to all forms of heat/fire and I always maintain a steady internal and external body temperature.  Any heat-relate powers used against me would be absorbed into my heat sphere increasing it's potency.  My clothing/backpacks/weapons  (Not counting the shots fired) will not be burned.

2. What is your weakness?

My weakness is the limitation of my powers and because I do not to disintegrate/melt the ground I am standing on, I usually have to make my sphere a semi-sphere sucking my energy levels faster.  Since me heat sphere is my only power, if I do not have it activated I can be killed by bullet, blade, and even if do have it on, I can still be killed by things such as poison by drink/food.

3. What is your cheesy name?

Falling Star/ Or Star Sphere

4. In what way does your inevitable evil manifest itself (why do ordinary people really hate you?)

I am a pyro.  

Ok... Primary power would have to be Telekinesis because I wouldn't MIND having those powers (and because I am an Epic that makes that pun an Epic pun.)

Anyway, secondary would be epic fighting skills cause Newcago is one nasty place.

I am not going to say my weakness... because who would post their weakness online!!!

Cheesy name would be The Telophase, because the Tele part fits with my primary power and because the Telophase is a cell that is in it's final stage of Mitosis; and anyone who crosses me would be in the final stage of their life.

when using either of my powers I tend to over-use them which is why I would be infamous for over-killing people

And the costume has to be spandex, can't have powers and not wear spandex... of course I would have a wide variety of colors to mix it up

1. Possession. I can send out my "Spirit" as an incorporeal and indestructible wraith, that can enter, and take control of people. This "Wraith" can fly, phase through walls, see through walls, and is incorpreal. If a host dies, the wraith can flee the corpse to another host.

Secondary Power: Agelessness. His human body is timelocked at a phase in its life, and does not age or sicken, but is not invulnerable, and requires sustenance.

2. Wraith is unable to physically interact with the rest of world, without possessing, or taking the body of another creature. Further more, if his original body is killed, then the wraith dies Instantly.

3. Hmm... Inspired by Sanderson, it would have to be "Lord Spirit."

4. He rules over his people, without them ever seeing his real form or likeness, only speaking through the voices of loved ones, friends and families. 

Superpowers - Precognition and Cauthon-style Luck

Weaknesses - Precognition loses power when I am genuinely suprised by the future I see

- Luck goes away when gambling on the lives of insignificant cats

Name- Omniscience

Evil Manifests Itself in the form of extremely caustic and sarcastic comments. Unfortunately, this is a problem in real life when I am tired. Also, I have a inflated ego.

Costume - Whatever I feel like. I am omniscient, so i should get to do whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: White Collar

Prime Power: No other Epic can see or affect me in any way.

Secondary Power: I can instantly rotate non-epics 180 degrees.

Thirdary Power: I know the correct answer to any Math Problem.

Final Power: I instantly know the name of anyone I see.

Weakness: Mathematical Inaccuracies. I mean, If anyone is wearing a piece of paper that says 7+2=5, then I don't know their name, I can't rotate them, and If they're an epic, they can see me. Also, I can't kill epics. I can wound them, I can cut off their head, but I can't kill them.

Evil Manifestation: I would work for a High Epic, and use my position to ruin the day of anyone who comes to see him or her.

Costume. White Shirt and Tie, with like, 60 pens in the Chest Pocket.

EDIT: Grammar Corrections

Edited by The Only Joe

• 2 weeks later...

1.) I am able to subtlety push on emotions, change peoples minds, or give them a general direction. Not exactly mind control, but still. I also blend in. I don't become invisible, I just blend in the the background.

2.) Stubbornness. If somebody does not listen to my quiet voice, then their stubbornness hurts me and I have to pull away. I can be killed like normal people too.

3.) Static

4.) I use my power to begin arguments, because I enjoy fights and things. I can rob things, and stay in the shadows.

(I'm sort of like a soother or rioter from Mistborn)

Epic Powers: He can copy powers from whatever format he wants, be it book, other Epic, or what. However, he can only take from a certain character at a time, and the less like him the character is, the greater the amount of power he loses. For example, if he tries to take from a Harmony like entity and literally ascend, he would really only get a fraction of the power. But with this, he could reasonably be a mistborn, or surgebinder, or spiderman, or hulk, or Aes Sedai. (Of course, he gets the inherent weakness and power requirements for each power he takes, too).

Epic Weakness: Now, this is where it gets interesting. Whenever he kills someone, he copies their allergies. Then, the allergy becomes his weakness, and if he activates it, he dies. So, kill someone allergic to bee stings? Until you kill someone else, bees will kill you.

Epic Name: I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would go with

1. Precognition, but with the enhanced brain power to perfectly understand all of the incoming information.
  2. Super dexterity, but as I use this power I exude black smoke. The more active the dexterity, the more smoke.
  3. Prof's ability to particalize (not sure if that's the right word) material around me.

As for my weakness, my body would start to decay if someone brought an ancient Mayan sunstone near the woman I love. But if the stone is taken away I immediately regain lost body mass.

My cheesy name would be The Final Night.

I would run my domain from behind a figurehead or just work as an assassin. My abilities may be awesome and useful, but they are not aesthetically pleasing. I would find a lesser epic, maybe an illusionist or someone who could blast lasers or energy at targets and use him. Anyone who displeased me would have the chance to challenge me to single combat, or be tortured to death.

My costume would be cargo pants (so much storage space!), a couple of solid steel knives strapped to the small of my back, leather and sci-ti  (scandium-titanium alloy generally used in lacrosse sticks) medieval cuirass, a cape cut into strips (like a mistcloak), and an operational "balaclava" (like Deathstroke, only cooler). 

Edited by Psychocon

I decided to run (sort of off the seat of my pants) an Epic RPG with my roleplaying group. I created a High Epic (the equivalent to Steelheart in the city the game will be based in).

Primary ability: Light manipulation (As in the ability to create white light specifically). Following the trend of breaking the laws of physics, this light is also capable of destroying that which it touches (at the whim of the epic)

Secondary Power: The ability to heal others

Prime invincibility: Can regenerate from any wound (up to and including disintegration

Weakness: Can only be hurt by someone who is pure (as in sexually), and wounds she sustains from a pure person cannot be regenerated.

Epic Name: Rapture

Evil Manifestation: She insists that the city she rules over be perfect in every way. Imperfections are destroyed. So the crippled or injured or infirm are wiped from existence at a whim (DESPITE the fact that she could, if she so wished, heal them). She creates what she considers a Utopia (so actually provides important services for the populace) but any resistance or disagreement is eliminated with extreme prejudice. She also holds a daily 'benediction' in which the 'imperfect' may come to be 'purified'. There's probably a good 1 in 10 chance that she'll heal the person. Everyone else she purifies in blinding light.

Costume: White business attire.

Am posting a couple epics in a row:

1: Name

2: Powers

3: Weaknesses

4: Basic looks/personality

1: Photon

2: can project, manipulate, and see all waves of the electromagnetic spectrum, but cannot create any a normal human cannot see

3: cannot use powers if a nearby person finds her ugly and old

4: She is a very attractive redhead who is physically fit. She is very vain and greedy, and  kills those who will not follow her

1: Obsidian

2: Fire resistance, unbreakable body (prime invincibility), superhuman strength, sharpened appendages

3. He is vulnerable when completely frozen in ice and can still feel cold

4: He looks like a shiny obsidian chunk of rock in a vaguely humanoid shape. He would work for a higher-up epic as a bodyguard

1: Thermostat

2: Immune to temperature change, has a very high (2000oC) heat field immediately around himself that protects him from most damage. He can manipulate temperatures to any high or low, but must concentrate to bring them above 400C or below -10oC. The heat field around him refracts light making him look distorted

3: He can be killed by anything that can pass his heat field

4: He is actually quite kind but goes off when he remembers that close contact is impossible

1: Technomorph

2: can control any electronic device,or meld with them to fully take control of them. He has regeneration.

3. He can only be fully destroyed if he is melded with an electronic device

4: Technomorph is a poltergeist prankster of sorts and likes to prank others. These pranks sometimes hurt others. 

Name: Snatcher.

Power: Matter-swap teleportation between any two points every visited

Weakness: Cannot swap anything into or out of any kind of rain, be it a drizzle or a downpour.

Just wears casual clothing, because screw social rules, your heart is in China now.

Name:-

Skystrike

Primary Power:-

Aerokinesis

Secondary:-

Electrokinesis

Line of sight teleportation

Flight

Prime Invincibilty -  Instant Regeneration of wounds 

Weakness:-

Flight, regeneration, and teleportation all shut off completely upon touching the ground/floor of buildings.                               Aerokinesis and electrokinesis become far rougher and harder to control, and range is cut sharply. Regaining                       powers requires jump off of a large object,as powers do not return immediately upon leaving the ground.

Costume:-

Who needs one? Just surround myself with stormclouds and make myself look like an ominous mass of water vapour.

Evilness:-

Zero-Tolerance Policy on stupidity, failure, and insults to my glorious self.

Insanely Arrogant.

Edited by Vizier

• 3 weeks later...

HELL YEAH! Finally a fun topic.

My primary power would be the ability to control the 5 senses, a bit like Aizen in Bleach.

My secondary power would be superspeed.

My weakness would be cheerios.

My cheesy name would be... Micky Mouse?

People would really hate me for being excessively cruel. And cheerio hating.

Costume: Aizen's suit from Bleach.

Edited by ST4RK

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Hotwire

Primary Power: Ability to telekinetically control metallic and metalloid objects to form and control advanced circuitry, and is able to do some pretty outlandish stuff with that circuitry.

Secondary Power: He is able to transmute objects into various metals and other materials.  For example, he'll transmute a rock and then turn it into a circuit.

Weakness: Inferior technological products.  In the presence of bad computers, such as an Apple Liza or Garminfone, his powers are crippled.  He is also unable to transmute these products.  You could capture him if you made a cell out of old ipads.

Brand of Evil: He really isn't too evil.  He controls the city's internet, and severely throttles peoples' speeds when he gets pissed off.  He also causes brownouts and does a ton of random stuff.  He's kind of insane, and acts similarly to Sheogorath from the Elder Scrolls.

Also, after reading Words of Radiance he developed a complete hatred for sticks.  Any stick that he sees is immediately set on fire.

Only power: the ability to copy the power or ability of fictional characters from both literature and non literature (video games, movies, anime, etc.). Also a gifter of sorts

Weakness: Books on Law (they are very boring)

Brand of Evil: use humans as guinea pigs for his gifting of powers from new books and having them use those powers on each other to see how well they work.

Here's an idea that has been kicking around in my head for a while. I was going to put it with some other powers, but it actually seems like an interesting solitary power with rich story potential...

I need a better way to articulate this, but basically "Death-triggered Soul transference". My Epic's only power is a rather uncomfortable kind of immortality... basically, as soon as he dies he takes over the body of the nearest non-Epic (and has seemingly unlimited range). Their brain is restructured to match my Epic, who continues to live in their body. He doesn't gain any of their memories beyond the basic kinesthetic understanding of how to move their body and he doesn't have to contend with their persisting will; as soon as they are possessed, they have essentially died. As a side effect of his ability, he is immune to neurological conditions and brain-damage... his or her brain will always gradually reformat back to what it is supposed to be... additionally, he doesn't suffer any neurological disadvantages of old age.

There are downsides and upsides to this... in terms of upsides, other than via his weakness, she (I'm going to switch gender pronouns throughout this Corsair style) cannot be killed. Additionally, he has the opportunity to live forever, swapping bodies out as they start to get old, and accumulating knowledge and experience. There are also the spying applications, of course. He's also gained a unique perspective on the human condition through living as both man and woman, old and young, weak and strong, pretty and ugly at various times in her life. Finally, there is always the chance she will trade up to a superior body.

The downsides... with no other powers, he is essentially as helpless as any other human in a world of terrifying Epics... it simply doesn't make sense to live as an Epic because she is fair game for retribution from the oppressed underclasses, or enslavement by stronger Epics (being immune to death does not make you immune to torture or pain). He also can't rely long term on the resources of the body, since whenever she dies he'll have completely different (and often hard to predict) physical faculties... she's also had to deal with uncomfortable attention from former friends, family or lovers of his hosts, for having no memories of a body's past life makes impersonation difficult. Additionally, she could easily be defeated by being trapped in a body who has been weakened to the point of helplessness, but not death... he harbors a fear that some clever epic will blinded, deafen, paralyze and maim one of their minions simply to force her into a body which will be kept on life support, completely disconnected from the world, and trapped with his thoughts for eternity (she's taken to memorizing several riddles in case he will need to entertain himself in her mind forever). Finally, it's hard to be close to anyone when your death will probably kill them (it doesn't make sense to keep your friends close).

I tossed up a lot of options for this, but in the end I have to go with "old age". If his host dies of old age, she dies too.

My epic goes by whatever his body was called, if she can work it out, or else he uses a fake name. But she calls himself Imprint

4. In what way does your inevitable evil manifest itself (why do ordinary people really hate you?)

Given the nature of her powers (passive, rarely triggered), he's quite resilient to the evil, and mainly just wants to survive. She lacks some of the compunctions about killing other people through taking their bodies, perhaps through the "everydayness" off it all, or perhaps through the evilness.

A description of your costume would be fun as well.

Given the nature of his powers, he generally wears whatever clothes are available to her.

EDIT: I did mention that he cannot take the bodies of Epics; I should probably also note that if the body she takes had powers gifted to it, he doesn't gain those powers... like any Epic, she doesn't receive gifting well...

Edited by Kadrok

• 3 weeks later...

1. Controlling All Elements and flying and super strength

2. Intense Heat

3. Elsa The Frozen

4. Because I'm way too awesome and I'm on high epic status

5. My costume would be a shiny light blue long sleeve top and pants

And a dark blue cape and a frozen tiara and boots

Weapon would be an Ice sword

Edited by Elsa Steelheart

1. Controlling All Elements and flying and super strength

2. Atomic Bombs

3. Elsa The Frozen

4. Because I'm way too awesome and I'm on high epic status

Atomic bombs as a weakness seems to be a tad bit overpowered.  There are plenty of Epics who are weak against Atomic Bombs without it being their weakness!

Atomic bombs as a weakness seems to be a tad bit overpowered. There are plenty of Epics who are weak against Atomic Bombs without it being their weakness!

Well... I was stuck on that question..

It was practically the first thing that came to mind.

Maybe my weekness will be intense heat.

What was Steelheart's weekness?

What was Steelheart's weekness?

he could only be killed by someone who wasn't afraid of him.

• my powers would be psychic, precog and enhanced reflexes.
  • my weakness would be I could only be harmed by aluminum bullets have to go through the heart, shrapnel doesn't count.
  • normal people would hate me because nothing escapes my notice, epics hate me because I am a reckoner and they don't know my weakness and no one makes aluminu bullets or guns.
  • name would be psy-fi.
  • my outfit would be a long leather duster
  • my weapon of choice would be a recurve bow.
Edited by Matrim Bloody Cauthon

Name: Lazyman

Primary power: I can point to a person; that person instantly fattens by 30 kg, loses all muscle tone and physical capability, and becomes too lazy to care about anything.

Effect on mind diminishes over time: at first, the person hit will be too lazy to even eat, and will likely lie down until death. if saved by other people (for example by force-feeding), the person will slowly recover, becoming almost normal after about a decade. physical effects are permanent, but can be removed by dieting and excercising.

Secondary (defensive) power: everyone trying to hurt me will suddenly lack the initiative for it. They will suddenly say "screw it, who makes me do it?", put down their gun, then go home and play some videogames.

I'm still vulnerable to accidental damage - if someone wasn't intending to hurt me, he will hurt me. But planning to cause me to get hurt accidentally will activate the defence.

Weakness: if I care about something, and I start caring enough to put a real effort into it, I lose my powers.

Evilness: I'm a relatively benign epic; I'll just stay indoor in my mansion (not very big: I'll spend most of my time in bedroom, I don't need a big house) most of the time. I'll force the people to name some servant to take care of my needs so I don't need to make any unnecessary activity, but as long as I have entertainment and a few mistresses I will be satisfied and won't have reason to unleash my power on anyone.

Costume: a bathrobe, or alternatively a pijama, or a tomato-stained t-shirt and underpants.

Name: Reflection

Primary power:

I can copy your appearance, your powers, even who your mind. Any damage done to me is done to you too. What happens to you, also happens to me.

Secondary power:

Prime invincibility

Weakness:

I can only copy one person. My abilities do not work on pandas, and I lose my invincibility when fighting them.

Evilness:

Since anything that happens to me also happens to whatever I am copying, I have a very emo and sadistic way of fighting: I stab myself and reflect it on whoever I am copying. Unlike me, they probably can't regenerate. I delight in that tactic, and use it for fun.

In short, I'm a sadistic person.

Costume:

Whatever what the person I'm copying is wearing.

Ways to kill me:

Get a squad of angry and ravenous pandas equipped with Wolverine claws to attack me.