Carcinios

If you were an Epic?

305 posts in this topic

power:

The ability to manipulate any form of energy, including kinetic energy, laser, energy shields, heat, and flame, or I can absorb it and release it whenever I want to treating it as my own energy, however, I cannot convert between different energy types, or generate energy by myself, so I must absorb it from outside sources, like bullets or nuclear explosions :D.

Secondary power:

time manipulation, I can slow or speed up time for myself or others, even freezing it in bubbles for as long as I want. However, I can only freeze a certain area/number of people at a time, and I have almost reached my limit for unknown reasons.

Weakness:

letting people I love die. I have permanently frozen in time my hometown to keep my family safe, which puts serious limits on my time powers.

Name:

Manipulation

Costume:

Normal clothes

Personality:

I obsessively hunt and kill any high Epics as I see them as potential threats to my family, but I will also kill regular epics or people if I see them as a threat, if I saw the Reckoners, I would kill them on sight. If I saw you as not a threat to me, I would be perfectly friendly, but I wouldn't form any permanent friendships for fear of tripping my weakness, I wouldn't kill you unless you got in the way of me eliminating a threat.

Edited by Llstml

I'm going to participate in this even though its over two years not used.

1. My first power would be a limited form of forcefield creation, basically allowing myself to create magic armour out of forcefields that is incredibly durable and is impervious to most forms of ordinary weaponry. This first power would also allow me to make weapons out of forcefields (mostly medieval weapons). My secondary power would be enhanced charisma, basically making me someone others would follow.

2. My weakness would be doubt, anyone who doubts my influence or powers would weaken him greatly. To mitigate this I would spread rumours of how powerful and great he so that it is easier to dispel the doubt in anyone who tries to challenge him.

3. My epic name would be Chivalry (I came up with this name, liked it and so built the powerset around it)

4. My evil would manifest as me beleiving it is my right to rule over the people around me like a medieval king, holding court and doing all the classic medieval corrupt king stuff. 

Oh an my costume would be a a replica of what a medieval king would wear, naturally.

Edited by Skaromas

Posted (edited)

I have a few ideas for this, here is my first one. I think this would make a very scary/powerful villain, although I have a few ideas for heroes and neutrals.

1. Powers: Primary power is mind control. Their powers allow them to take over whole cities at once. Their secondary power is mental projection. If they are killed, then their conciseness will jump to another body. This means if you want to kill them, then you would need to nuke a whole city of innocent civilians. Each mind controlled body can act independently of one another, they don’t all do the same thing at once.

2. Their limitation is that their powers range grows logarithmically. The first person they take over increases their powers range by 1 mile, the second increase it by half a mile, and so on. They can’t take over epics with a prime invincibility, but they can take over lesser epics.

3. Weakness. Their weakness is people not listening to them. If there is another mentalist epic nearby, then their powers are severely weakened; and if they fight a high epic, they can’t control the people in a five hundred foot radius around them.

4. Epic name: Swarm.

5. Evil type: global domination. They wish to make it so they are never ignored ever again. They wish to control all.

6. Costume: none. They are constantly swapping bodies.

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

1. Powers: Elemental control, has basic powers over air, earth, fire, and water. To an extent, if I can think it, I can probably do it. Secondary: elemental dissemination - when killed in normal way shatters into four elemental versions that are in stasis for 20 years but then wake and are driven to rejoin, to an extent that nothing else matters.

2. Limitation: while shattered, not intelligent and prone to blunders, due to a divided conscience. Abilities require focus except when shattered, and he can only control one at a time when shattered.

3. Weakness: the color chartreuse. no one knows why, including him.

4. Epic Name: ReeDenb

5. Evil type: mad scientist, constantly carrying out ethically questionable experiments

6. Costume: normal comfortable clothes and a lab coat.

Posted (edited)

Powers: Manipulation over the fabric of Space-time, to start. This would allow me to fly by changing gravity, teleport, manipulate timeflow to an extent, and would give me a Prime Invincibility by putting myself in a space-time pocket that lets light, sound, and air in, but nothing else. Secondary: Slight fire powers, but these fires would be blue. Nothing on the level of Obliteration and Firefight (Or what Firefight appears to look like, anyway.)

Weakness: If someone thinks I'm a normal person, and not a nerd who is different from the rest of society, then they can hurt me. My paranoia is resolved by making sure everyone knows I'm weird, and a nerd, but in a specific way. So instead of widespread propaganda based on fear and lies, like what other epics do, mine is based on fear and truth.

Name: Nightfire.

Evil Manifestation: If someone is really into some aspect of modern pop culture (though I don't know how much of that is left in the Reckoner's universe), I will be very annoyed. My underlings make sure that I am never exposed to "popular" songs, because I generally hate them. I will show mercy on those who are fans of a specific pre-calamity author who's name is Brandon Sanderson. (In this timeline, he never wrote the Reckoners series.)

Costume: A simple blue t-shirt, black cargo pants, blue glasses, and black sneakers. And a deep blue cloak to look cool.

City: I rule over a floating city with twisted gravity. It's a very disorenting place to live in, as different areas of the city have gravity that pulls you in different ways. You could be driving on a road one way, and in one minute be completely upside-down relative to how you were a minute ago, but you would still be pulled toward the road. This design makes it difficult for the Reckoners to try and kill me, because if they do, the entire city falls out of the sky and very many innocents die. (I understand that there is a floating city in Lux, but I actually haven't read it yet, so if something doesn't make sense about it, just know that I haven't read the only canon example of a floating city.)

Edited by The Bookwyrm