If you were an Epic?

Carcinios

power:

The ability to manipulate any form of energy, including kinetic energy, laser, energy shields, heat, and flame, or I can absorb it and release it whenever I want to treating it as my own energy, however, I cannot convert between different energy types, or generate energy by myself, so I must absorb it from outside sources, like bullets or nuclear explosions :D.

Secondary power:

time manipulation, I can slow or speed up time for myself or others, even freezing it in bubbles for as long as I want. However, I can only freeze a certain area/number of people at a time, and I have almost reached my limit for unknown reasons.

Weakness:

letting people I love die. I have permanently frozen in time my hometown to keep my family safe, which puts serious limits on my time powers.

Name:

Manipulation

Costume:

Normal clothes

Personality:

I obsessively hunt and kill any high Epics as I see them as potential threats to my family, but I will also kill regular epics or people if I see them as a threat, if I saw the Reckoners, I would kill them on sight. If I saw you as not a threat to me, I would be perfectly friendly, but I wouldn't form any permanent friendships for fear of tripping my weakness, I wouldn't kill you unless you got in the way of me eliminating a threat.

Edited by Llstml

• 2 years later...

I'm going to participate in this even though its over two years not used.

1. My first power would be a limited form of forcefield creation, basically allowing myself to create magic armour out of forcefields that is incredibly durable and is impervious to most forms of ordinary weaponry. This first power would also allow me to make weapons out of forcefields (mostly medieval weapons). My secondary power would be enhanced charisma, basically making me someone others would follow.

2. My weakness would be doubt, anyone who doubts my influence or powers would weaken him greatly. To mitigate this I would spread rumours of how powerful and great he so that it is easier to dispel the doubt in anyone who tries to challenge him.

3. My epic name would be Chivalry (I came up with this name, liked it and so built the powerset around it)

4. My evil would manifest as me beleiving it is my right to rule over the people around me like a medieval king, holding court and doing all the classic medieval corrupt king stuff. 

Oh an my costume would be a a replica of what a medieval king would wear, naturally.

Edited by Skaromas

• 1 month later...

I have a few ideas for this, here is my first one. I think this would make a very scary/powerful villain, although I have a few ideas for heroes and neutrals.

1. Powers: Primary power is mind control. Their powers allow them to take over whole cities at once. Their secondary power is mental projection. If they are killed, then their conciseness will jump to another body. This means if you want to kill them, then you would need to nuke a whole city of innocent civilians. Each mind controlled body can act independently of one another, they don’t all do the same thing at once.

2. Their limitation is that their powers range grows logarithmically. The first person they take over increases their powers range by 1 mile, the second increase it by half a mile, and so on. They can’t take over epics with a prime invincibility, but they can take over lesser epics.

3. Weakness. Their weakness is people not listening to them. If there is another mentalist epic nearby, then their powers are severely weakened; and if they fight a high epic, they can’t control the people in a five hundred foot radius around them.

4. Epic name: Swarm.

5. Evil type: global domination. They wish to make it so they are never ignored ever again. They wish to control all.

6. Costume: none. They are constantly swapping bodies.

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

1. Powers: Elemental control, has basic powers over air, earth, fire, and water. To an extent, if I can think it, I can probably do it. Secondary: elemental dissemination - when killed in normal way shatters into four elemental versions that are in stasis for 20 years but then wake and are driven to rejoin, to an extent that nothing else matters.

2. Limitation: while shattered, not intelligent and prone to blunders, due to a divided conscience. Abilities require focus except when shattered, and he can only control one at a time when shattered.

3. Weakness: the color chartreuse. no one knows why, including him.

4. Epic Name: ReeDenb

5. Evil type: mad scientist, constantly carrying out ethically questionable experiments

6. Costume: normal comfortable clothes and a lab coat.

Powers: Manipulation over the fabric of Space-time, to start. This would allow me to fly by changing gravity, teleport, manipulate timeflow to an extent, and would give me a Prime Invincibility by putting myself in a space-time pocket that lets light, sound, and air in, but nothing else. Secondary: Slight fire powers, but these fires would be blue. Nothing on the level of Obliteration and Firefight (Or what Firefight appears to look like, anyway.)

Weakness: If someone thinks I'm a normal person, and not a nerd who is different from the rest of society, then they can hurt me. My paranoia is resolved by making sure everyone knows I'm weird, and a nerd, but in a specific way. So instead of widespread propaganda based on fear and lies, like what other epics do, mine is based on fear and truth.

Name: Nightfire.

Evil Manifestation: If someone is really into some aspect of modern pop culture (though I don't know how much of that is left in the Reckoner's universe), I will be very annoyed. My underlings make sure that I am never exposed to "popular" songs, because I generally hate them. I will show mercy on those who are fans of a specific pre-calamity author who's name is Brandon Sanderson. (In this timeline, he never wrote the Reckoners series.)

Costume: A simple blue t-shirt, black cargo pants, blue glasses, and black sneakers. And a deep blue cloak to look cool.

City: I rule over a floating city with twisted gravity. It's a very disorenting place to live in, as different areas of the city have gravity that pulls you in different ways. You could be driving on a road one way, and in one minute be completely upside-down relative to how you were a minute ago, but you would still be pulled toward the road. This design makes it difficult for the Reckoners to try and kill me, because if they do, the entire city falls out of the sky and very many innocents die. (I understand that there is a floating city in Lux, but I actually haven't read it yet, so if something doesn't make sense about it, just know that I haven't read the only canon example of a floating city.)

Edited by The Bookwyrm

• 1 month later...

Powers: I would have the power to inspire people to do whatever I wanted. I'm not exactly hypnotizing them with my voice, I'm making them believe that what I'm telling them to do is the best for them—And everyone else. My voice would also work on inanimate objects... to a point. I could command a bullet to stop before it hit me, but I couldn't make it shoot at someone else.

Secondary Power: I would be able to change my looks and become the most attractive version of myself in the opinion of whoever is looking at me. (If I'm in front of a crowd I can make my attractiveness targeted to the opinions of the majority. 

Weakness: My voice has a greater effect on myself then it does on others. I wear earplugs at all times, because if I can hear my voice, I can't use it, or it'll inspire me to do the same thing it's inspiring everyone else to do, and therefore would inspire nobody to do anything. (instead of working against me, it would just make my powers null and void, because epic powers don't effect epics.)

Name: Inspiration

Evil Manifestation: I have servants that I constantly make do what I want. My power wears off eventually, but I talk to them enough that they can't escape. These servants (slaves) think they want to help me, so they're not unhappy, but friends and family members are, because they can't even help their friends/family members escape, because they don't want to. Servants are chosen randomly from the public. Other epics are immune to my voice, so they leave me in peace for the most part.

Costume: Well fitted suit and perfectly coiffed hair.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Name: RocketFuel

Primary: The spontaneous creation of rockets and fuel.  Also telekinesis only applying to the created or preexisting rockets or fuel.

Secondary:  Very minor pyrokinesis and aerokinesis, which allows fires started in the fuel to always have oxygen and the ability to start the fires.

Tertiary: Steelheart style invulnerability and enhanced strength and dexterity.

Weakness: Unexplored areas, being in them negates his powers completely and being near them weakens them and shuts down pyrokinesis and aerokinesis

Epic evil: Uses flaming tendrils of fuel to replace building supports in secret then burns down the inside of the walls and collapses them with people inside.

2. Name: Scorpion

Primary: The ability to create a poisonous hole directly in someone. 

Secondary:  Incredibly tough exoskeleton which is also poisoned. He can use it to grow spurs. The exoskeleton is strong enough to withstand a nuclear explosion, but not a direct nuclear strike.   Creation of new exoskeleton is accurate enough to make a zinkallin, but not a gun. He can also control water with dissolved carapace in it.

Tertiary: Greatly enhanced strength and speed, which negates effect of the exoskeleton weight and then some. 

Weakness: Sentient tacos

Epic evil: He puts poisoned exoskeleton tacks on people's chairs  

3. Name: ForceLink

Primary:  Powerful telekinesis and small amounts of omnikinesis with force and energy manipulation.  Can link objects and use them as a kind of counterweight. 

Weakness: The biggest number :ph34r: 

(Note:  He has a force damper field with wax's steel bubble style exemptions to it elevating him to high epic.)

Epic evil: Makes your arms counterweights to your legs, meaning that if you lift something you'll faceplant.

Edited by Adonlasium

Power: The ability to freeze time. If I freeze time, I can go about and rob banks, and alter anything I would like, but nothing could hurt me.

Weakness: People who are content with the time they have left won't be affected when I stop time.

Cheesy Name: TimeStop/MinutesMaster/RealityShifter (all of those are suitably cheesy)

Evilness: When they freeze time, the only way to un-freeze it is the kill somebody D:

• 2 months later...

Oh boy. I’m making Epics for a D&D game, so here’s a chance to let a few of them loose. They are High Epics, admittedly.

1) Pyrojump.

Primary Power - jumping immense distances, as far as 500 feet and as high as 150 feet.

Secondary Power - when Pyrojump lands, he can explode the ground around him with a force similar in power to 5 pounds of C4.

Prime Invincibility - Pyrojump has danger sense tied to his jumping. If he is targeted by an attack, he automatically leaps out of harm’s way.

Weakness - badgers. Even photos of the cretins are enough to disrupt his powers.

2) Brightburn.

Primary Power - create and manipulate fire.

Primary Power - heat aura strong enough to evaporate water at 30 paces.

Secondary Power - flight.

Secondary Power - glow intensely and cause blindness.

Prime Invincibility - Become solid flames.

Weakness - Other Epics. Brightburn became an Epic at the end of Calamity, and only ever had near-death experiences at Epic hands. Any Epic who attacks him injures him easily.

3) Celestia.

Primary Power - Heal the injuries of others, even restoring to life those who passed away several minutes prior (as long as there’s still brain activity).

Primary Power - Light manipulation, creating and bending it as she pleases. She can make light solid if she chooses.

Secondary Power - See through time; past, present, and future. This isn’t always clear, but Celestia can at least partially understand what she sees.

Secondary Power - flight.

Secondary Power - Teleportation; she folds into light and reappears where she wants. It might seem instantaneous, but what she actually does is become light and travel at light speed.

Prime Invincibility - Rapidly heal from any injuries.

Weakness - Celestia’s weakness is those of devout holy nature. Fortunately for her, this requires true devotion, with not even the slightest shred of doubt, but her powers fade temporarily when harmed by those of a true holy nature.

• 1 month later...

1. What would your power/secondary power be?

Primary: Enhanced everything, just a little bit smarter/ stronger etc than a non epic could ever be.

2. What is your weakness?

Not being good enough (think a little bit like Prof's)

3. What is your cheesy name?

Novum (latin for new abreviation for Novum Hominem

4. In what way does your inevitable evil manifest itself (why do ordinary people really hate you?)

Incredible arrogance, I treat everyone even other epics as if they are lesser than me 

• 2 weeks later...

Primary power: Pain sensing. I would be able to tell what is paining a person and what would pain them and what they worry about and fear.

Secondary Power: Time aura. If I am in mortal danger my body adjusts time to put the threat out of a position to harm me(for example, if a bullet is going toward me, my aura would change time to make it have already crossed the distance where I was and basically pass through me[diseases could be stopped as well with this method])

Weakness: Obsidian. My powers can be shut down if a person gets near me with a piece of obsidian.

Cheesy Name: Agony

Evil manifestation: I take pleasure in the pain around me and sometimes take a persons largest fear/pain and inflict it on them as horribly as I can. I normally try to make people suffer before they die.

Edited by Boomslug
forgot something

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2013 at 0:43 AM, Carcinios said:

I'd want them to be based around the manipulation of other Epic Powers, I'd especially like to have an Assumer/Gifter Combo, which would mean I could temporarily take the powers of other Epics and Gift them to other people. Plus those kinds of powers will help probably help me stay more sane than most Epics at first, until Calamity is dealt with, which would be a big plus.

The Assumer power would be me temporarily 'Borrowing' other Epic's powers via touch, holding onto them with no limits as to how many I can hold but with a catch, the more powers I hold the less time I can hold onto them. I could hold onto a single Epic's powers for approximately 6 hours, 2 for 3 hours, 4 for 1 and a half and so on.

With the Gifter powers being the standard 'Give powers away for a while' but with added effect of me being able to temporarily Gift powers I had Taken from other Epics, leading to a lot of confusion and caution for the local Reckoner Cell as to which Epics have which Powers at any given time.

Hmm, maybe being alone? If there aren't any people near me that I'm aware of then I lose my powers and get anxiety. Yeah that sounds like an interesting weakness.

Probably something dumb like 'Transfer Man' or 'The Taker'. I don't have the best ideas on names.

4. In what way does your inevitable evil manifest itself (why do ordinary people really hate you?)

Hmm, my powers would help a bit with preventing it, but I would probably have a strong urge to keep many Epics near me at all times, so I could take their powers at any point easily. Which would lead to many more horrible crimes made by Epics due to the increased number of them. I'd be hated because of the sheer amount of Epics in whatever city I would have set up in. My reputation making me out to be some kind of Evil Overlord or something. I would usually let the Epics in my city do whatever they really wanted so long as they didn't destroy the city and stayed near me and loyal.

Edit:

As for my costume, I'm not sure to be honest, probably armored and definitely blue with glowing lines and such in it. Tron style. Probably also a cape or at least a cloak of some kind because crazy with power or not Capes would be awesome.

Edited by JustQuestin2004

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

Recent New Idea:

Name: Phantom

Power (Only has one, but it is so powerful it classifies him as a High Epic): Able to Alter how the laws of physics affect him and anything he is touching allowing him to walk through walls, fly, have infinite strength, run faster than the speed of light and so on.

Weakness: He is scared of being alone. If he doesn't have any friends he  loses his power.

Personality: Always joking and has never taken something seriously in his life. Not really evil, just difficult to work with, but if you get him on a cause he will defend it with his life.

Costume: He wears a all white leather jacket with a all white T shirt underneath and all white leather pants with white leather boots and no gloves. When he gets around to getting a hair cut he cuts it to a buzz cut.

So if you killed their friends you could kill them too. I guess you could just imprison them to keep them safe, but would they stay your friends then?

First power: Can make it hard for people to see outside of a five foot circle. As in, everything outside the circle looks foggy, as if a cloud is on the ground.

Second power: Minor regeneration effects. Like, she can heal herself if she probably isn't going to die in the next 30 min.

Third power: A really good healing power, but she can't use it on herself. So, if someone's head got chopped off, she could heal it within the next 2-3 seconds.

Weakness: Being on a cliff, but you can't see the ground. As in, you should be able to, but something like smoke, mist, or clouds is blocking it.

Evilness: She enjoys experimenting on people. Like, putting someone in a maze with a lot of deadly traps, then using her first power on 'em. Or, she cuts off their limbs, then heals them, and makes it so that it's hard for them to see. She likes to have creepy music or sounds on when she does this. Normal people are playthings that she can destroy. All of this is done out of general curiosity, like just to see what they'll do. She does not let people leave her labs alive. She's also a henchmen type of epic, used to assassinate rivals.

Name: The Hollow One Who Brings Death, or Mist.

Clothing: Hockey mask & black robe when torturing people. Normal clothes otherwise.

Edited by Potato's Wit

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2013 at 0:43 PM, Carcinios said:

Okay we get these what superpower questions all the time so let's go a bit more Steelheart on this.

A description of your costume would be fun as well.

1. My power would be to be able to sense anybody by touching fire. 

2. My weakness is cliffs. 

3. My cheesy name is Firesight

4. I was camping once and my best friend went missing. I became so distraught that I tried to throw myself into a fire. But Calamity called upon me, and suddenly I could see my friends body broken at the bottom of a cliff. I became cold with grief and vowed to destroy the Earth- going through humans if I have to- for what it did to my friend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Almondator

Primary Power: The power to manipulate almonds and almond trees and control physical characteristics like hardness. Primarily used to grow almonds everywhere really quickly and then harden them and send them flying at people. I also gather a ton of almonds to sit on so that I can "fly"

Secondary Power: Whenever I am attacked I instinctively get encased in a giant hard as (Insert something harder than diamond here) almond.

Weakness: Terrified of bees and wasps and if in sight of one or more his powers get weakened (more so if there is more than one). If he gets stung by one his powers are negated until the stinger is removed OR the venom from the sting leaves his system.

Evilness: If someone lies to me I instantly know it and kill them until they are dead to the fullest extent of my power.

Costume: Almond themed (obviously) brown shirts and pants designed to look like almonds and a helmet that points up like an almond. The cape (because they are required) would have my profile pic embroidered on it.

(Almond doesn't sound like a word anymore after writing/reading this).

Edited by ExoticAlmond

Primary Power:  Advanced cognition.  Basically, I see the mathematics behind everything in the universe.  I instantly understand geometry, predictive algorithms, theoretical physics and pretty much anything that can be mathed, instantly.  I just see it playing out as a diagram in my vision.  I wanna throw a pencil at a wall and get it to stick?  I instantly know the exact amount of force, angle, and whatnot to throw it to hit the exact spot I want to hit.  If it can be mathed out, I can math it instantly.  This works in every area of math, from accouunting to theoretical physics to spacial relationships.  I just comprehend it.  

Secondary Power: Enhanced physical abilities.  Stronger, faster, reflexes, durability.  All that.  Not to crazy insane level, but enough to make full use of my ability to understand the position of the world around me so I can parkour e'rywhere. 

Together, these would create a sort of resonance, where my enhanced reflexes respond to the innate warnings my advnaced cognition gives me of danger, and since I can math everything that can be mathed and move quicker than an average person, I can react to danger in an insanely accurate manner.  Not sure if that's quite a Prime Invincibility, but you'd have to catch me completely by surprise to kill me without first using my weakness.  If I'm aware, and it's possible to escape, I'll know how.  

Weakness: Success.  I fear being too successful.  Not every success triggers it.  But major success.  And it isn't really success itself.  It's the fear of what happens after success.  Of being constantly required to beat what you did before.  It's sort of the flip of Prof's weakness. He feared failure, so he never tried anything that he didn't think he could succeed at.  I fear success.  I know I can do more, but I don't, because what if I can't top it later?  So I also stick to things I know are easily achievable, and keep my own ambition in check.  If I were to be put in a situation where I succeeded much higher than I had imagined, my powers would short circuit until I felt I had a handle on things.  

Cheesy Name:  Diagram.  

Evilness:  I think most peopel are stupider than me, and therefore are not worth my time.  I'll give repsect to those who are as smart as I am, but will also strive to prove myself the smarter.  

Spoiler

Edit:  I changed my mind.  My power would be the ability to jump into a book and if I bring out things, they work in the real world the same way they work in the book.

So first, I'd jump into the prologue of Stormlight and collect all the Honor Blades.  Then I'd jump into Secret History and grab the extra bead of Lerasium that Hoid takes.  Then I'd jump into Mistbon Era 2 and grab the Book that Spook wrote about Hemalurgy.  I'd grab a few medalions while I was at it.

Edited by Tglassy

• 3 weeks later...

Primary power: Telekinesis. Specifically a wide-range multicontrol telekinesis that allows me to control things with incredible amounts of precision and lift a myriad of things at the same time and move them with incredible control. Of course I could use incredible bursts of strength to throw cars and dissemble buildings, but mostly its lifting lots of smaller things. 

Secondary powers: extrasensory capabilities, like a general knowledge of everything around me- a kind of "touch" that spreads around me for a radius of about fifteen feet. Also, enhanced cerebral capabilities; nothing wild, just enhanced reactions and multitasking ability.

Epic Name: checkmate

Weakness: doubting myself. I keep a group of lesser Epic lackeys around as a kind of "yes-men" to make myself feel good about myself and rule with a totalitarian dictatorship, but if I ever think I'm outmaneuvered, I lose control

Evil: no killing or anything; that's a waste of human capital. I rule my city with the express purpose of making it better than everyone else's, in my own twisted opinion. My city is the best for everyone to live in quality-of-life wise, but the rules are harsh, severe, and come with near fatal punishments for those that subvert them.

Costume: brown, dirty trench coat, aviator sunglasses, and floating knives. I always have at least three knives floating around me at a time. I also don't really walk anywhere; I hover.

Primary Power: Amplification of all other Epic's powers. I survive by essentially working as a sidekick/human amplifier of all other Epics, typically the most powerful one in my area.

Secondary Power: Very slight hypnotics/emotional manipulation. This comes in handy when trying to talk down angry Epics who I'm working for.

Other: I am very skilled with handguns. Not a superpower, just the result of years and years of practice.

Epic Name: Mindblown

Weakness: Trust. If you gain my trust, you become immune to my mind control. This makes me a very skeptical and untrusting person, always ready to betray my current boss if another, stronger Epic comes to town.

Evil: I will do anything to get in power, including nice shows of my strength and force to impress other Epics. (read: killing lots of people in some impressive and thought-out way) Also I have a habit of using my slight hypnotics to acquire "faithful servants" who do everything for me.

Costume: An impressively violet business suit, perfectly tailored, and a silver mask that covers the top half of my face before curling down to my chin, leaving only my mouth and one side of my jaw exposed.

Power: I have the ability to make any sound I can conceive, and can make it as loud or as soft as I want and as high or low as I want. I can also make the sounds go at frequencies that can shatter bullets, heal, kill people, and other such chaotic epic things

secondary power: Aside from making external noises, anyone I touch I can project sounds into their head. So I can effectively drive someone insane; either with a continuous obnoxious trill, or a particularly haunting chord progression.

Other skills: I was musically talented before getting epic powers

Epic name: Dischord (get it, music chords)

Weakness: bad rap music

Evil: I have a flair for the dramatic, so I often will gather an audience to listen to my musical prowess, I don't typically kill people, I have to have some sort of audience after all; but I do make exceptions for hecklers or people who don't appreciate music.

Costume: I wear a mask, phantom of the opera style. I have a directors baton to direct the sounds I make. I usually wear a cape over victorian era formal clothing

Edited by Witless of Shinovar

• 2 months later...

I am Hivemind, a network of cloned entities with a connected mind. The Hivemind is the governing power over the Drones, the individual clones. No one is the original. We are one. We are many. My weakness would be those I love hating me. My evil would manifest as generally being a jerk and being a tyrannical ruler.