[SPOILERS] Crazy Pet Theory

Sparks

Crazy Pet Theory: David is a meta-Epic. His power is exuding a field that attenuates or heals the irrational corruption of humanity caused by other Epics using their powers.

"Prof breathed in and out, then nodded. He looked at me. 'It's okay, son. You don't need to be afraid. It's passing quickly this time.'"

Firefight coming over to the light side gradually in David's presence.

Nightwielder choosing not to kill David at the black market arms shop but going ahead and drawing attention by smashing the UV emitter.

Steelheart not having his minions kill an ordinary non-Epic David or just vaporizing him with an energy beam at Soldier Field.

Having this power would dovetail nicely with the conclusion of the trilogy in Calamity, where the protagonist would ostensibly be matched against the who or what behind the corruption of Calamity itself.

Having this power would give a lot of emotional impact to David's father telling him, "Sometimes, son, you have to help the heroes along..."

It's not a bad theory, but I have to point out that Steelheart wanting to kill David with his own weapon was something that was previously established as his signature execution technique. David was a loose end from the bank that Steelheart thought he had closed, and the son of the only man to wound him. Him waving his soldiers back, etc. was not especially odd given the context.

I think David is human, he can be gifted profs powers first off and he didn't fail the machine test. I think he is just skilled at figuring out epics. This mindset would make him better at being gifted and he would be good at discovering epics weaknesses. But still just human

I too have to disagree with this theory. Firefight explained that she was lost and confused after every death. Nightwielder decided to avoid random massacre, because those things attract attention to the Epics and often hold a clue about their weakness. And Steelheart considered David worthy / special enough to be killed by his own gun.

• Chaos locked this topic