What would you do with the Lord Ruler's powers? (Mistborn Spoilers)

Two McMillion

water also wouldn't last on venus. it's too hot, it will evaporate instantly. and then it is hot enough that the water molecules will have enough kinetic energy to escape the plant's gravity.

That's why there's no water, or nitrogen, or anything lighter than carbon dioxide in venus atmosphere.

All things considered, I think it will be much easier to deal with radiations than with 450 degrees  of mean temperature and sulphuric acid rains.

As for teraforming, difficult to say. venus could potentially be terraformed with "only" one billion of billion of tons of calcium oxide to remove all the greenhouse gas from the atmosphere, then it should cool down to livable level by itself (or with the addition of something in the atmosphere to reflect off some light), then you can bring water to it and it will stay there.

On mars it will be more problematic, because you'd have to create a magnetic field to the planet, and the gravity will always be too low to retain water. On the other hand, an ocean on mars would last for hundreds of millions of years, so if you get some massive comet to crash there, you'll be fine for a VERY long time. and for radiation, maybe you can just fix it with personally portable magnetic fields incorporated in clothes. Or maybe in the future cancer will be easily curable with pills and no more severe than a common cold is today, so people will just go around unprotected and then take pills.

But anyway, why would you want to go on mars or venus all alone? there's no internet connection there :o

You are not taking into consideration some of the facts I have (for example, water freezes in the middle atmosphere of Venus, not escaping.)

I am talking of a future we can already see (magic anti-cancer is not really relevant, and it is not only cancer. It is being sterile and having plants weaker than scadrial's), requiring very little advancement (as far a I know)

• Chaos locked this topic