Something I don't understand (Spoilers)

shadowwisp

So I just finished the book in one go lol. It was pretty good. It had a definite moviesh feel to it but im not sure if that was a good thing or bad.

Anyways so what exactly does saying "Pink Pinkiness" a few times very quickly sound like? I think I have a vague idea but im not actualy sure if Brandon Sanderson would actually put that in this book hahahahah

Yeah it's a bit un-sandersony isn't it? particularly in a YA novel where he even substitutes in silly curse words. But yeah, I read it as

"pink penis"

Or you might even be able to get

"big penis"

out of it if you tried.

Edited by Rubix
Spoilers added to your post just in case anybody is offended by anatomy.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Gilgalid No, you're not the only one. The joke does not work for me, and I'm a native speaker (I even TEACH ESL!). I came independently to the same conclusion as others, but only by warping the words in different ways. When I say "Pink Pinkness" over and over again quickly, I get "pinkpinknespinkpinknespinkpinknespinkpinkness". Apparently, Sanderson drops k's when he talks fast and uses vowels differently than I do.

• 1 month later...

I got this the first time, but I unfortunately was in the middle of Language Arts class, so I burst out laughing and couldn't really explain to the teacher exactly why I laughed so hard so suddenly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think he was just goofing off with a new idea of a joke. I was rather entertained. It's not every day we get to see Sanderson goof off in quite that way. I was barely able to contain my laughter in my math class. It would've been bad if I had been caught. I've been caught reading far to much in math...

• Chaos locked this topic