Favorite comic series/books?

I was incredibly surprised that no one had ever started a tread on this. Personally, I am a longtime Marvel/DC fan although I do enjoy other comics.

Here is a list of my favourite ones

Batman eternal

Amulet

Big Nate

Axe Cop

Batman-Hush

Secret War

Secret Invasion

DEADPOOL

Dead pool and cable

Batman incorporated

Invincible Ironman

Amazing Spiderman

Detective comics

Young avengers.

Darn. This list could go on and on but I think I should stop here.

All-Star Superman is one of -if not my single favorite- comic book, period.

Morrison's Batrun is awesome, too, though I need to fill in some of the holes of my collection for that one...

Of my current pull list, I think Grayson is my favorite monthly. I didn't read Eternal, but I'll probably be picking up the Batman and Robin: Eternal series once it launches. 

Also, damnation. Forever Evil was a fantastic event, but Johns has been awesome on Justice League since then. 

All-Star Superman is one of -if not my single favorite- comic book, period.

Morrison's Batrun is awesome, too, though I need to fill in some of the holes of my collection for that one...

Of my current pull list, I think Grayson is my favorite monthly. I didn't read Eternal, but I'll probably be picking up the Batman and Robin: Eternal series once it launches. 

Also, damnation. Forever Evil was a fantastic event, but Johns has been awesome on Justice League since then.

All Star Supermwn was good, but I needed to read it twice eo it would make sense. My favourite part of that comic would have to be the Doomsday serum bit with Jimmy Olsen.

I'm going to separate my answer into different groups, for simplicity's sake and not-at-all-because-I-have-too-many-favourites-and-I-can't-decide.

Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes for newspaper comics.

Favourites for comics by issue - Sandman, Transmetropolitain, Watchmen, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run, Planet Hulk, Locke & Key, and Unwritten.

Current stuff I'm loving but it's really new so I'm not ready to call it a classic yet - All the IXth Generation lines from Top Cow, and Letter 44.

Webcomics - XKCD, Schlock Mercenary, Least I Could Do, Looking For Group, and Oglaf.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Marvel comics a lot, like 90% of them, but I have very hard time getting into ANY DC comic for some reason, only small exception being some Superman stuff. I've tried, just now I tried again with DC You, as I don't particularly want to be the "Marvel > DC,lol" guy, but that's just how it is... Has anyone else experienced the same?

Edited by mallamp

I like Marvel comics a lot, like 90% of them, but I have very hard time getting into ANY DC comic for some reason, only small exception being some Superman stuff. I've tried, just now I tried again with DC You, as I don't particularly want to be the "Marvel > DC,lol" guy, but that's just how it is... Has anyone else experienced the same?

Yeah, I get that. I'll pick up Marvel comics now and again, but I find it hard to get interested enough to actually -collect- them...which is a complete 180 from how I used to be.

My main problem with Marvel is how much -and how often- they do their events. Case in point: I was reading Spider-Gwen, since it was an isolated world that didn't require collecting three or four other books to get the whole story.

Then Secret Wars "cancelled" the book, and its coming back with Gwen in a bunch of other books and more 616 stuff. Which was what I wanted to avoid to begin with.

DC has similar issues, of course, though DCYou seems to be moving away from that a little. I didn't collect any Batbooks besides Grayson, and didn't feel I was missing anything.

But where? My problem is that there are roughly a bazillion different alternate storylines and reboots and stuff.

DC just rebooted with DC You so you can start there and Marvel is about to reboot just now, when Secret Wars ends. For Marvel you can also subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, which lets you read their 6months+ old comics on your tablet for 10$ monthly fee (pretty much Netflix for Marvel comics). That app has curated introductions to pretty much all characters and stuff.

But where? My problem is that there are roughly a bazillion different alternate storylines and reboots and stuff.

Mind if I ask what kind of stories, or specific characters, you'd like yo read?

I find that's the best way, really. Check books out if your local library, or ask at your local comic book store. There are some great classic series that can be recommended, or you can just pick up an issue of a character and dive right in.

It all depends on what kinds of stories you enjoy. It's been my experience that Marvel's characters tend to be more human, where DC's tend to be more godlike. As a result their stories tend to vary widely, and that naturally leads to people preferring one over the other.

I got into comics thanks to Spider-Man, but wound up preferring DCU. I only bother to collect the Green Lantern Universe comics though.

My favorite, though, is a little graphic novel by the name of Scott Pilgrim.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, if there are any others who even KNOW ABOUT, let alone are a fan of Rom The Spaceknight, speak up please! It's so good and it easily one of the most underappreciated marvel comics ever, along with Cloak and Dagger.