Really Bad Shard Ideas

Oudeis

The Shard of Nationalism would be the last thing Alethkar needs.

There's a theory that Devotion + Dominion is basically Nationalism. (KChan doesn't use the word Nationalism, but I think it's basically the same.) Let's hope no one finds a way to export it to Roshar.

The Shard of Truth is the one that can only be used by the True Seeker, isn't it?

Irritation, a Shard that takes an active role in the lives it's shard world inhabitants. That role involves things like making them lose their keys, being late for appointments, and a low buzz in your ear all the time.

The Shard of Truth is the one that can only be used by the True Seeker, isn't it?

I almost down-voted you for the Sword of Truth reference but then I would have to down vote myself for having read it. 

EDIT: I guess in the context of this thread that truly would be a bad idea, so...up-voted instead.

Edited by Khmauv

I feel your pain. Here's an up vote to make the book worthwhile.

While we all love up-votes, I am not sure all the up-votes in the world would make me read that series... Even considering that I actually read the Twilight-saga!

You read Twilight? Like, actually read the whole saga?

I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU. HAVE ALL THE UPVOTES EVER.

(damnation shard of Empathy.)

My sister forced me. I wasn't allowed to criticize or mock the series without having read it myself. She didn't like too much that I then did so and proceeded to produce even more precise and pertinent mockery. In retrospect, though, I do not really think it was worth it.

But thank you for your sympathy. It helps. Somewhat.

Edited by Aether

Thou knowst not of Rifftrax? (Hint: Check out their preview for Wizard of Oz). Has thou ever seen a show called Mystery Science Theater 3000? If not, get on youtube this very second, and search for the following: "MST3K Space Mutiny", then ninety minutes later when it's done, come back and give me all the upvotes for introducing this glorious wonder into your life.

One of your other posts did actually inspire me to take a look at Mystery Science Theater 3000, which I found more or less hilarious but way too long. This slightly newer version seems promising, though. I like the Wizard of Oz preview!

Shard of Tipsiness - Alcohol-based magic. Different kinds of drinks give you different powers, and mixed drinks can do weird things - but if you pass out or get too drunk to do anything (or hit anyone) you're screwed in a fight.

I think this shard exists and Jackie Chan has it. Ever heard of his Drunken Master movies?

The Shard of Homicide. 

Every time you kill someone, your powers grow.

Did Voldemort possess this shard when he made his Horcurxes?

Okay now my Shard ideas.

Shard of Alliteration. Power performs perfectly when preferred phrases are pronounced properly.

Shard of Comfort. Minor aches make you weak. Major pains drain your power completely. A massage makes you able to knock a hole in the side of a mountain.

Shard of Fiber. The magic to get things moving.

Shard of Whinning. "I want my power, now, now, now!" And then you hold your breath until you get.

Shard of Politeness. "Please" is the magic word.

The Shard of Slashers

Before you asked why I was so concerned. It is for the following reason: Jason was once a kind and generous man, and you saw what became of him. Freddy, on the other hand, was among the most loathsome, crafty and dangerous individuals I had ever met. He holds the most frightening and terrible of all the shards. Ponder on that for a time, and tell if your insistence on nonintervention holds firm. Because I assure you, Freddy will not be similarly inhibited.

Extract from a letter sent to Sunnydale. With Freddy's previous record, it is theorised that this letter was written by Nancy, and directed to someone with the ability to destroy a shard.

EDIT: Word of Brandon:

The Letter can be read as Nancy having a specific beef with Freddy.

Freddy knows about Buffy Summers and has "plans" for her.
Edited by Quiver

I can't find "good omens" written anywhere else on the page, so I assume I won ten imaginary superpoints.

And to be somewhat referential, I'll propose the shard of self-complacency. You are uber-powerful, but you're not really motivated to use your powers for anything, and you spend your days holed up into unseen university eating and squabbling with your peers.

Sorry King but Darnam beat you to it. The Shard of Ansaphones was the one I missed from the list. But I'm a nice guy and you're a Pterry fan so have eight imaginary superpoints on me.

Back on topic there is the most pervasive Shard of them all, his dread hand is felt throughout all worlds causing you to... thingy, you know where you just can't... erm, like if you..

It always, you know like with nearly all japanese rpg heroes, there's always one who can't, erm, oh it's that funny word that means they can't... Urgh it's on the tip of my tongue I swear. They get it when they're hit on the head... or something's been living in their mind.. or something was just so horrible that their minds won't, thingy... cause of the wossname. Ooh, but another hit on the head might fix it.

What was it you wanted? Oh right the oojitmebob with the power to... And it gets stronger the more you try to....

with it's erm...

Yeah that's it the Returned were all cursed by it, Endowment didn't even notice him interfering each time, probably cause he could even get endowment to, erm, along with the rest too. yeah, in spades. Maybe a foil hat would help?

There's his name too, it's... somethingnessy, and that guy who,      with the knot in his hankie. He was there too he tried  the, the... but he lost anyway...

EDIT

Ooh ooh it's... no, never mind, it's gone again.

Edited by ChocolateRob

Shard of Imitation: Everyone would look the same... Act the same, and your abilities would let you change to look and be like anyone else. Shame that everyone else is already you.

*Gasps, looks at friend at the exact same time friend gasps and looks at me.* 

Like a mirror..

Shard of Imitation: Everyone would look the same... Act the same, and your abilities would let you change to look and be like anyone else. Shame that everyone else is already you.

*Gasps, looks at friend at the exact same time friend gasps and looks at me.* 

Like a mirror..

Sounds like the perfect shard to couple with the shard of redundancy.