favorite quotes!

Allomancy

The ending poem of The Crippled God has pretty awesome lines. My favourite are:-

"[...]

We were never what people could be.

We were only what we were.

Remember us "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-Jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows. (So who's in this Pentavirate?) The Queen, the Gettys, the Rothschilds, the Vatican...and Colonel Sanders before he went belly up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken! Ooh! (Dad, how can you hate the Colonel?) Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly.

Here are 2, one serious and one ridiculous:

"There's 7 billion, 46 million people on the planet, and most of us have the audacity to think that we matter."

-George Watsky

Sarge: "Get over here! Give me a boost!"

Caboose: "Okay..."

[walks up close to Sarge]

Caboose: "You... are a good person. And people say... nice things about you."

Sarge: "Not a morale boost, moron, a physical one. I need to see what's in that window."

Caboose: "That window is very high. I don't think you are tall enough."

Sarge: "I know. I need you to help me look through it."

Caboose: "I don't think I am tall enough either. Also, my head is *round*, that window is *square*."

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-Jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows. (So who's in this Pentavirate?) The Queen, the Gettys, the Rothschilds, the Vatican...and Colonel Sanders before he went belly up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken! Ooh! (Dad, how can you hate the Colonel?) Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly.

Quoting So I Married an Axe Murderer instantly makes you my friend. B)

"I dont think i could finish that, 2 or 3 spoonfuls and id be done" 

"get your pudding spoon out and man up torode"

---------------------------------------------

We must be swift as the coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

--------------------------------------------

"The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many"

---------------------------------------------

"How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his of his fathers, for the temples of his gods"

"I created you jack, i am your god"

Edited by Full Metal Rithmatist

"I had heard of offices feeling like prisons, but in this case our prison felt, rather anticlimactically, like an office." - William Ritter, Jackaby

"It makes me happy that an arm of the US government has, in some official capacity, issued an opinion on the subject of firing nuclear missiles at hurricanes." - Randall Munroe, What If?

"No one takes you seriously when you're naked." - Kevin Hearne, Hunted

"'Try no to look like that,' Ascher said under her breath, after we were in the elevator. 'Like what?' I asked. 'Like you're expecting ninjas to leap out of the trash cans. This is a party.' 'Everyone knows there's no such things as ninjas,' I scoffed. 'But it will be something. Count on it.'" - Jim Butcher, Skin Game

I recently glanced over (not a re-read) over "The Gentlemen Bastards"  books. These were my favourite quotes:-

1. “What's the n-never-fail universal apology?"

"'I was badly misinformed, I deeply regret the error, go storm yourself with this bag of money.”

2. “I don't expect life to make sense," he said after a few moments, "but it could certainly be pleasant if it would stop kicking us in the balls.”

3. "[...] If your father says "bark like a dog" I say "What breed, Your Honour?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." - Winston Churchill

(Also, anything Kane says.)

And as long as I'm making video game references:

"Kane lives!" - Kane

"Princess, I do hope you haven't forgotten my role in this story. I'm the leading man." - Balthier, FFXXII

"So what if it looks hopeless?" - Zack Fair, Advent Children

"Hope will never die!" - Lucina, FE:A

"Yah!" - Link, Legend of Zelda

And for my favorite quotable video game character:

"Honor can be quite a burden at times." "Embrace your dreams and protect your honor." "You're a little more important than my sword ... but just a little." "No story is not worth hearing."

Edited by aeromancer