favorite quotes!

Allomancy

Brace yourself from the weirdest quotes of "Gibberish" chat:

you spelt metal wrong thou illiterate young fool

why isn’t the soap in the food category of emojis

I wish that when I cracked my knuckles they glowed like glowsticks

i had a banana for an uncle once but he was left in the fruit box and his kid ate him

I’m not too cool for school, I’m not cool at all. School is just annoying

I don't have a heart. I have a empty casement of spaghetti

i have been speaking ancient gibberish since i was 3 and that is not in the vocabulary

yes typos are a common sign of madness...luckily i speak the language of the insane

Last I checked, cops don’t use magician handcuffs from the dollar store

I’d ask for one of your cousins but I live with enough animals already

hi I was buttering my apocalypse toast what’s happening now

help I have to go a party and I don’t know anyone there. I’m bringing my pocket knife

IM NOT PROPOSING TO A SQUIRREL

I'M surviving the zombie apocalypse, you flipping lamppost

usually my own thoughts tend towards “non-being"

There you are folks. 

And yes, I love my friends B)

One of my favorites is an exchange between Picard and Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation:

Picard: "I know Hamlet, and what he said with irony, I say with conviction: 'What a piece of work is Man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving, how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel; in apprehension, how like a god!'"

Q: "Surely you don't see your species like that, do you?"

Picard: "I see it one day becoming that."

21 minutes ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

“You’re a sword, not a palm tree”

guess the book and author and characters 

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson, Vasher to Nightblood when he is complaining about needing fresh air and sunlight.

"I've waited a long time to show these flowers how pretty you are." - Patrick RothfussThe Wise Man's Fear

“Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” - Ursula K. Le Guin, The Lathe of Heaven

"it is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 9:52 PM, Ethan_Sedai said:

Are you two getting high off of fart noises?

Wow. I did not realize what thread I was in, and at first I thought you were responding to other peoples’ posts. I was very confused.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Wow. I did not realize what thread I was in, and at first I thought you were responding to other peoples’ posts. I was very confused.

I suppose I would be confused if I thought someone else just asked that question out of nowhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Emet-Selch has some really cool lines:

"I... will... not.. yield... Should I surrender this fight, what will become of it all..?  What will become of our triumphs? Our hopes? Our... our despair?  What of this anguish which yet burns in my breast even after the passing of eons? No, No, No! I will not let it all be for naught!"

"Show me your "vaunted" strength. And I shall expose the lie of your fragmented existence! You are destined for naught else but oblivion!"

"Give voice to your anguish my brethren! Give substance to our hopes, our dreams, our prayers...and by their undeniable grace, may our perfect world rise anew! Yawn wide, the ever hungering void!"

"I am stifled by this vessel of flesh. Unburden your sleeping souls my brethren. I shall bear every hope, every dream, every prayer! The future of this star shall be shaped by my hands! I shall be raised up by the prayers of my fallen brethren!"

"Behold, a sorcerer of eld! Tremble before my glory!"

"Darkness flow through me! Hearken to the word of ruin! Drown in despair! My dormant brethren, dream now of a dark tomorrow...by our gathered might must we reclaim these vain reflections. In Zodiark's name I beseech you!"

Titan (Edensgate Version):

From the heart of a mountain, I rise.
Tempered in the flows of the mountains core, my rage is eternal!
There is no salvation for the sons of man!
I am unbreakable, unstoppable!
Bow down, overdwellers!

Edited by Zurvanite

• 1 month later...

Some days ago, I re-read Trevor Noah's book : Born a Crime. I find it amazing. It has some good quotes. The following I like the most:

1. We spend so much time being afraid of failure, afraid of rejection. But regret is the thing we should fear most. Failure is an answer. Rejection is an answer. Regret is an eternal question you will never have the answer to.

2. The hood made me realise that crime succeeds because crime does the one thing the government doesn’t do: crime cares. Crime is grassroots. Crime looks for the young kids who need support and a lifting hand. Crime offers internship programmes and part-time jobs and opportunities for advancement. Crime gets involved in the community. Crime doesn’t discriminate. ( Sadly, this is the thing that has been going on in some areas. )

3. We tell people to follow their dreams, but you can only dream of what you can imagine, and, depending on where you come from, your imagination can be quite limited.

4. People love to say, “Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he’ll eat for a lifetime.” What they don’t say is, “And it would be nice if you gave him a fishing rod.” That’s the part of the analogy that’s missing.

And lastly,

5. The first thing I learned about having money was that it gives you choices. People don’t want to be rich. They want to be able to choose. The richer you are, the more choices you have. That is the freedom of money. ( I felt it when I started earning money. You can buy almost anything you want. No more asking mom for money )

• 3 weeks later...