favorite quotes!

Allomancy

I really like the Chandrian poem from The Kingkiller Chronicle. It gives me chills: 

"When the hearthfire turns to blue,
What to do? What to do?
Run outside. Run and hide.
When his eyes are black as crow?
Where to go? Where to go?
Near and far. Here they are.
See a man without a face?
Move like ghosts from place to place.
What’s their plan? What’s their plan?
Chandrian. Chandrian.

When the hearthfire turns to blue,
What to do? What to do?
Run outside. Run and hide.
When your bright sword turns to rust?
Who to trust? Who to trust?
Stand alone. Standing stone.
See a woman pale as snow?
Silent come and silent go.
What’s their plan? What’s their plan?
Chandrian. Chandrian."

Edited by Zurvanite

• 3 weeks later...

Some of these are more lines than actual quotes from characters, but still they are pretty cool:

From the Prophecies of the Dragon from the Wheel of Time:

"With his coming are the dread fires born again. The hills burn, and the land turns sere.
The tides of men run out, and the hours dwindle. The wall is pierced, and the veil of parting raised.
Storms rumble beyond the horizon, and the fires of heaven purge the earth. There is no salvation without destruction, no hope this side of death."

"As the plow breaks the earth shall he break the lives of men, and all that was shall be consumed in the fire of his eyes.
The trumpets of war shall sound at his footsteps, the ravens feed at his voice, and he shall wear a crown of swords."

"Five ride forth, and four return.
Above the Watchers Over the Waves shall he proclaim himself,
bannered 'cross the sky in fire."

---

Hakumens mantra from Blazblue:

"I am the white void, I am the cold steel, I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse them in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen! The end has come."

---

From a light novel, can't remember the name but it's really good:

"The first time she used the spell Fireball, I couldn't find any words in my vocabulary to describe how happy she was. And while she looked at the curtains that were burning intensely, she said,

'One day I'll cast huge fireworks like Rudeus.'

I extinguished the fire, and strictly warned her not to use fire magic when I'm not around. The ignited curtains' light cast a glow over her. No matter what angle you viewed it from, she had a face of an arsonist"

---

Lord of Light:

The deathgod smiled, "Catch your breath quickly now, while you may," he stated. "Breath is the least appreciated gift of the gods. None sing hymns to it, praising the good air, breathed by king and beggar, master and dog alike. But, oh to be without it!"

"It paced the heavens, the one who was born to rule the winds...From out of the north it came---green and red, yellow and brown..... Its glide was a dance, its way was the air....
There came another shriek, and then the beating of mighty pinions as it climbed past clouds to become a tiny dot of black.
And then it fell, like a meteor bursting into flame, all of its colors blazing and burning bright, as it grew and grew, beyond all belief that anything could live at that size, that pace, that magnificence....
Half spirit, half bird, legend darkening the sky. Mount of Vishnu, whose beak smashes chariots. The Garuda Bird circled above Alundil."

Edited by Zurvanite

The objective isn't to win the game. It's to be invited back so that you can continue playing. The true objective is to be someone that's fun to play with.

Jordan Peterson

If you find yourself faced with unreasonable opposition, it's best to let the unreasonable opposition speak. Because then they manifest themselves as unreasonable. And it becomes apparent to everyone.

Jordan Peterson

If you're having an argument/fight with someone you're close with, you don't want it to end in a situation where you beat them, where there's a clear winner/loser. Because then that means you're related to a loser, and you become a loser by association.  

Edited by Silverblade5

FFXIV has some really good dialogue:

"Look ye where the sun doth rise, see crimson embers, darkening skies. Look ye where the sun doth fall, see azure lost amidst the squall."

"That way... sorrow... history must be changed. Ahead looms light, expunging all form and life. Twin dooms only you can forestall...only you. Throw wide the gates that we may pass. Ahead looms a calamity."

"Frozen in time, mine armor of flame. Unto eternity's end, my righteous reign!"

"He that holdeth fast unto his convictions shall never count betrayal amongst his crimes, though all the world may call him villain. My path is unchanged; my creed sacrosanct. This I believe with all my heart."

"Only man has the wisdom -- and the clarity -- to embrace violence for its own sake."

"Your music is bad and you should feel bad!"

"But enough exposition! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!"

"You are the beacon of hope towards which all men are drawn."
"Spare us the hyperbole. 'Tis not for praise that we fight."

"Woe betide the man who stands opposed to the weapon of light, for death will be his reward."

"Good and evil, the war eternal...the fires of anger roar and howl..."

It is well that war is so terrible, less we were to grow fond of it.

- George Orwell

“Heed my words and heed them well, fellow pegasi! As of this moment, you are soldiers, not civilians, and you have but two choices! You may lay down and die as the pacifist ponies of the Inland Shores settlements once did, refusing to even raise so much as a hoof in your own defense, or you can stand and fight as my disarmed soldiers did against the Lucavi there, exacting as high a price as possible and refusing to give up even in the face of impossible odds! Make your choice and make it quickly, for the gryphons intend to destroy this factory and slay all inside!” 

- Firesight, Into the Storm the Flight of Firefly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite quotes ever is from The Way of Kings:

The book spoke of a king carrying the burdens of his people. It said that those who led were the lowest of men, for they were required to serve everyone.

Also this one from Mark Lawrence's Prince of Thorns:

We wrap up our violent and mysterious world in a pretense of understanding. We paper over the voids of our comprehension with science and religion, and make believe that order has been imposed. And, for the most of it, the fiction works. We skim across the surfaces, heedless of the depths below. Dragonflies flitting over a lake, miles deep, pursuing erratic paths to pointless ends. Until that moment when something from the cold unknown reaches up to take us.

Also, from the song "Ich bin ein wahrer satan" ("I am a true satan") by the German band ASP

Weiß der Teufel warum einer, der die Wahrheit kennt nur lügt
Weiß der Teufel warum einer, der den Schmerz kennt ihn zufügt
Weiß der Teufel warum keiner weiß wir sind vom Tod erwacht
Wir sind längst im Paradies, haben die Hölle draus gemacht

Devil knows why someone who knows the truth will only lie
Devil knows why some who knows pain will inflict it
Devil knows why no one knows we have awakened from death
We've been in paradise all along and turned it into hell

Also, due to current cinematic events (Avengers: Endgame spoiler):

Spoiler

"Love you 3000" and "I am Iron Man"

Edited by Winds Alight

‘Vengers: Endgame 

Spoiler

I am inevitable.

*snap*

I am Iron Man

*snap*

You’ve killed me, bastards, you’ve killed me! While the sun is still hot, I die- Superman 

Spoiler

Lol

That’s America’s *doesn't say word for reasons*