favorite quotes!

Allomancy

List your favorite quotes here!!

"Oh, I'm dead. I just haven't laid down yet."

And please try to limit your quote to one per post, so that there is enough quotes for people to use. (There probably is enough anyways, but, some people don't know many)

Edited by Allomancy

• 1 month later...

“My Music is like a Hamster who has been fed some Magic Juice. The Hamster is looking strange in the Eyes, yes, which is probable from the Juice; and the People are saying, ‘Dance, Hamster! Dance from your Hamster Legs!’…And now, a Secret: I am the Hamster.”

-Flula Borg

"[...] We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it."

- The Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss

I like it's Prologue, and Epilogue too.

This one too. The second last line, by Wit in The Way of Kings:-

"What is it we value ?" Wit whispered. "Innovation. Originality. Novelty. But most importantly... timeliness. [...]"

Belief isn't simply a thing for fair times and bright days...What is belief - what is faith - if you don't continue in it after failure?...Anyone can believe in someone, or something that always succeeds...But failure...ah, now, that is hard to believe in, certainly and truly. Difficult enough to have value. Sometimes we just have to wait long enough...then we find out why exactly it was that we kept believing" -Sazed

Aaaah quotes. I have an entire notebook filled with these lovelies. Choosing a few is like asking me which one of my children is my favorite.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

— Friedrich Nietzsche

I love this quote so much. Not surprisingly, the He Who Fight Monster tropes is also my favorite.

Also, not my favorite, just the newest quote I fell in love with. Added because I'm a hopeless romantic:

"I could recognize him by touch alone, by smell; I would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. I would know him in death, at the end of the world."

- Patroclus (The Song of Achilles)

Ookay. This is the last one, but I saw it on the net and I forgot who wrote it. Googling it yeilds no result. Help?

I didn't know what it was like to love someone so much, their pain became yours. I didn't know what it was like, until you fell and I bruised.

- Author Unknown

Edited by nicocoberru

I didn't think about this before, but I can post a bunch of Deep Thoughts!

"As the light changed from red to yellow to green to back again, I wondered if life was just a bunch of honking and yelling. Sometimes it seemed that way."

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."

"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."

"The earliest flyswatters were probably just a sort of striking surface attached to the end of a stick."

"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: mankind. Basically, it's made up of two separate words- "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."

"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other."

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits."

-Jack Handey

And a quote from the Simpsons- specifically, Kang the alien, pretending to be Bill Clinton: As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!