Emperor's Soul Hardcover

Windrunner

I just wanted to let everyone know that Tachyon have started selling limited edition hardcovers of The Emperor's Soul. They're all signed, but there are only 1000 available for purchase. If how fast the more expensive copies of Legion sold out is any indication, you might want to get on with buying it if you're interested. It costs $25 plus whatever sort of shipping you want, and can be found right here on Tachyon's Emperor's Soul page.

Also, hopefully the Hugo win last night means that we might see the unveiling of the deleted scene with Hoid at the beginning, like Peter suggested.

• 2 months later...

In the Brandon store, we get to chose between "signature only" and "signed and personalized". What does the latter entail? I've seen some of you flaunt around books with small titbits of information they asked for. Is this it? Or is it just that I can get him to sign it to my own name?

Signed is just his siggy.  Nothing else.  Signed and personalized would have your name (To XXXXX), as well as any tidbits or what have you.  If you would like a cosmere hint, I would advise asking for something specific.  (For example, if I were ordering a book I would select sign and personalize, then in the personalize box I would say "Have it written to Princess RainbowRose.  Also please include a line from an unpublished book" or "Please include a tidbit about a world hopper that we have seen on screen to help identify him.")

Thanks. I think I'll ask where Sphere's comes from (id est who or what makes them) and what stop people from mass producing them and collapsing the monetary system. That always bugged me. Might have to make the question a bit more compact, though...

Good question, though I suspect the answer is scarcity. There simply aren't enough gemstones around to turn into spheres, and I'm sure Shallan's viewpoint once told us that diamond cannot soulcast the Stormlight stones. I have always wondered how they get covered in glass beads, though I suspect the answer is 'soulcasting'.

• 2 weeks later...

Aether, I got today my signed hardcover with personalization. It's just like Ookla said, I got my wishing :) But BS doesn't have a nicest handwriting, I must say...

Congratz! And do share when you are able to decode it. What did you ask for/about, if I may ask?

By the way, I haven't said that yet, but when I got the hardcover version that I won here, Brandon wrote (literally): "The nightwatcher is way way old. She does not like hoid".

Don't know if it can be useful in any way, but enjoy it :)

By the way, I haven't said that yet, but when I got the hardcover version that I won here, Brandon wrote (literally): "The nightwatcher is way way old. She does not like hoid".

Do you think you could post a picture?

It seems to me that Elhokar is the only person in the cosmere that actually likes Hoid.

• Chaos locked this topic