Still Having a Bad Day? Exchange Your Rants For Hugs Here!

Silverblade5

I am feeling super sick today, so I am being grumpy to everyone I meet, kinda making me Public Enemy number 1. Worse, if I take my meds, I feel drowsy and can't type. And when I am sick, I have to stay in my bed all day, with a million blankets, and then I get all sweaty, and then I get restless and jump out of bed and get someone else sick. I hate being sick.

I didn't get the Cedar Park, TX job, so I just applied for one with the University of Alberta. Currently looking at Manitoba. Maybe Canada will like me better than Texas did. :ph34r:

And here's what my brain is saying to me: 

Me: Okay, I'll just tell them that I think I'm an ideal candidate, I've got the education, the experience, all that jazz….

Brain: You really think they'll hire some stranger from Arizona? 

Me: Well….maybe? 

Brain: Psh, no way. They want Canadians. Looking out for their own, that's what they're doing. Posting it on an international job board was just a formality. 

Me: Like one big family. 

Brain: Yep. La familia. 

Me: So….Canada is basically one big Mafia family? 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I didn't get the Cedar Park, TX job, so I just applied for one with the University of Alberta. Currently looking at Manitoba. Maybe Canada will like me better than Texas did. :ph34r:

Me: Okay, I'll just tell them that I think I'm an ideal candidate, I've got the education, the experience, all that jazz….

Brain: Psh, no way. They want Canadians. Looking out for their own, that's what they're doing. Posting it on an international job board was just a formality. 

Shut down emotional center. Crank logic up to eleven.

Does not compute. Logic center continues to put out same memos regardless of emotional center's status. Based on all evidence, Canada is the world's largest Mafia family. Only a call back will persuade logic center otherwise. :ph34r:

Rewriting source code...

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

And this, this is why I don't function on an emotional level. Always being to make clear, cool headed decisions is just one of the many advantages of being as aspie.

Edited by Silverblade5

Rewriting source code...

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

And this, this is why I don't function on an emotional level. Always being to make clear, cool headed decisions is just one of the many advantages of being as aspie.

Um, I'm an aspie as well... and I've never made a clear, cool-headed decision in my life. :P

Uh, maybe I worded that a bit wrong. Help?

I word things wrong all the time. You're fine. :P

EDIT because double-posting is frowned upon: Somebody wanna pass the brain bleach? That was absolutely horrifying. I legit feel kinda sick now, and I barely made it 30 seconds in.

Edited by Slowswift

Well if you want to immigrate to Canada, you should ask for details about getting permanent citizenship. To hire foreigners, they need to prove the job is qualified enough they have no worthy candidate nearby to fulfill it. My company often hires over-broad people because we are highly specialized. However, when companies do post internationally it is because they failed to get people nearby. My companies post in many countries... When they do, they usually are able to help you get the paper work done. 

I think the best way to come and live in Canada is to start with a student visa, though if you apply for a University related job I think you can get a visa to work there specifically, the kind where you can't work anywhere else... One of my colleague's partner has one of those. From there, you need to live for a year within Canadian soils before applying for permanent citizenship and then.... Welcome to Canada  :D You've got your sun card and all the advantages of being a Canadian citizen brings forward, except the right to vote. Though if you truly want to come live in Canada, if you have plans for having a family, someday, I do suggest the province of Quebec: we've got the best package deal here for those  ;)

Manitoba sounds rather... empty  :ph34r:

Well if you want to immigrate to Canada, you should ask for details about getting permanent citizenship. To hire foreigners, they need to prove the job is qualified enough they have no worthy candidate nearby to fulfill it. My company often hires over-broad people because we are highly specialized. However, when companies do post internationally it is because they failed to get people nearby. My companies post in many countries... When they do, they usually are able to help you get the paper work done.

I think the best way to come and live in Canada is to start with a student visa, though if you apply for a University related job I think you can get a visa to work there specifically, the kind where you can't work anywhere else... One of my colleague's partner has one of those. From there, you need to live for a year within Canadian soils before applying for permanent citizenship and then.... Welcome to Canada :D You've got your sun card and all the advantages of being a Canadian citizen brings forward, except the right to vote. Though if you truly want to come live in Canada, if you have plans for having a family, someday, I do suggest the province of Quebec: we've got the best package deal here for those ;)

Manitoba sounds rather... empty :ph34r:

Thanks for the advice! :) Right now, I'm just sending out apps to see who contacts me. If I get some serious calls from the Canadian jobs I applied for, I'll definitely look into Canadian citizenship, since I plan on staying wherever I'm working.

There weren't any jobs in Manitoba. :mellow: I wound up applying in BC, Alberta, and Ontario instead.

We're staying home from church this Sunday because our power system needs extra attention so it doesn't short circuit or explode or anything.

Which is kind of ironic, because I could argue that if your household battery is at risk of exploding, you need more prayer, not less. :mellow:

Oh, I know how you feel.

It's awful! When it comes to her with anything whatsoever, logic gets thrown out the window. "Yes, mail-mi, the reason she's partnering with another guy for PE is not because she wants your terribly socially awkward friend to not have to talk to someone else, but because she definitely doesn't want to be with you right now and you should feel really really bad about it."

My family's logic:

"It isn't fair for me to have to deal with this problem all by myself. Here, Twi. It's your problem now."

"Why can't you give it to one of my siblings, or get them to help me with it?"

"That wouldn't be fair to them."

Edit: And we have a third showing today. I know this is good, but I'm almost certain this means the house is going to sell before I get a job, so I'll have to move up to Spokane and live with my parents for months before I even get an interview. :mellow:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Thanks for the advice! :) Right now, I'm just sending out apps to see who contacts me. If I get some serious calls from the Canadian jobs I applied for, I'll definitely look into Canadian citizenship, since I plan on staying wherever I'm working.

There weren't any jobs in Manitoba. :mellow: I wound up applying in BC, Alberta, and Ontario instead.

BC and Alberta have nice sight-seeing, you know Rookies and all...  :ph34r: Very Canadian with mooses and beavers  :ph34r: Where in Ontario have you applied? Toronto or Ottawa?

There is the permanent citizen status and the full Canadian citizen status. I am not entirely sure what the rules are for the first, but many of my colleagues had to live one year on Canadian soils to apply for it. Canadian citizenship can be obtained after three years as a permanent citizen. You take an exam and you bow to the Queen  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure: and then TADAM, you have a wonderful Canadian passport and the right to vote.

Anyway, any companies searching outside Canada would be helpful in that matter. At my company, we hire mostly from France, but we do have a few Americans as well.

BC and Alberta have nice sight-seeing, you know Rookies and all... :ph34r: Very Canadian with mooses and beavers :ph34r: Where in Ontario have you applied? Toronto or Ottawa?

There is the permanent citizen status and the full Canadian citizen status. I am not entirely sure what the rules are for the first, but many of my colleagues had to live one year on Canadian soils to apply for it. Canadian citizenship can be obtained after three years as a permanent citizen. You take an exam and you bow to the Queen :unsure::unsure::unsure: and then TADAM, you have a wonderful Canadian passport and the right to vote.

Anyway, any companies searching outside Canada would be helpful in that matter. At my company, we hire mostly from France, but we do have a few Americans as well.

University of Waterloo. They sent me a form email saying that they'd only look at external applications if they couldn't find anyone qualified internally, so I'm thinking that one is probably a long shot.

I'd probably be fine with just permanent citizen status. If things move forward with any of the Canadian jobs I apply for, I'll research the exact requirements for citizenship and visas and everything, but for now I'll just focus on applying everywhere that takes my degree. :ph34r: