Make The Music Connection

SOM1else

So I got the idea for this from mugglecast, what they do is every so often they will play a song on their podcast and each person will make a harry potter connection to that song. Instead of Harry Potter we would be making a connection to any of Brandon Sanderson's books. after someone makes a connection they post up a link to the next song and people make connections to that one. I'll start of by doing the song "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay because I have a good idea of what people will connect to it.

The Lord Ruler, of course. I think of him every time this song comes on the radio.

My turn!

- originally by Sheryl Crow, but I linked to the Honor Society cover because I adore that version. I'm curious to see if other people made the same connection I did (of course, ignore the first couple lines, since he's singing about America then).

Yeah the lord ruler was what I was thinking when I posted it but I think it can also apply to Elend after he's deposed in book 2. I've never heard Real Gone before so I googled the lyrics as I listened to it and these two sections were the ones that I could connect something to -

There's a new cat in town, he's got high paid friends

Thinks he's gonna change history

You think you know him so well

Yeah you think he's so swell

But he's just perpetuatin' prophecy

Come on now

Well, you can say what you want but you can't say it 'round here

'Cause they'll catch you and give you a whippin'

Well, I believe I was right when I said you were wrong

You didn't like the sound of that

Now did ya?

Well first off I thought Kelsier, the perpetuating prophecy sounds like it could be Sazed preaching his religions. Hmm.. I think I'm gonna have to go with Kell on this one it just seems like him with his plan to overthrow the final empire and his rumours of the 11th metal.

I wanna see if anyone can make a connection to This song.

OMG. Another Westlife fan! You just got upvoted for that, my dear.

I tend to think of Seb and Siri when I hear this, mainly because I think they're my absolute favorite Cosmere couple. Seriously. I love their love story.

I'm curious to see if anyone can make a connection to

• 1 month later...

Obviously, Silus, the connection is clear. Somehow Charlie Sheen's Cognitive aspect became attatched to Adonalsium, and Adonalsium was like "DUDE, can't handle it!" And then Adonalsium died after only one use of Charlie Sheen. His face melted off and his child, Hoid, was left to weep over his exploded body.

Good enough for ya?

How do you sleep while

the city's burning

Where do you go when you can't go home

How do you drink when

there's blood in the water

Where do you turn when

the world moves on

When the world moves on, on

Hmmm? At first I thought about Cett going and helping Luthadel at the end of WoA but that only applys to the lines "How do you sleep while the cit's burning?/Where do you go when you can't go home?". I also think that the whole song sorta applies to Kaldin and his views towards lighteyes in general.

It's obviously a reference to Raoden and Serene's wedding. Henery is Raoden's nickname (it says so in the annotations :P and Serene is the widow. apparently Raoden's math skills are extremely lacking because Serene has only been married once before and he obviously doesn't get that 2 is after 1 and 8 isn't until 3,4,5,6,and 7 have already passed. (he's a moron if you didn't notice when you read elantris)