Order of the Stick

Order of the Stick  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What Gender do you think Varsuvius is?

2. 2. Which Order Member is your Favorite?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New comic up. This one really kicked it up a notch in my book in terms of focusing the overall story. Spoilers:

Spoiler

I've taken to reading the first couple of pages of the GitP Discussion Thread for each comic. (Here's this week's: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?569661-OOTS-1141-The-Discussion-Thread) A couple interesting points in there:

• Parallels between Redcloak and the Dark One, potentially foreshadowing Redcloack joining the Purple pantheon.
  • Roy's starmetal sword having a green aura. Which could hint that the starmetal is the last remnant of the Green pantheon's power.

When I read those two ideas, an ending popped into my head. Durkon's being sent back to make peace with Redloack, to intercede and get the Dark One to work with them. You get your four pantheons, facing the Snarl. And their combined essences not being enough; four could trap, four could stall, but four could never destroy what was also made from four. (Which is why there is a world within the rift; the original world, which the snarl cannot destroy, so it entraps.) And then, either a betrayal (like interference from Xykon or Tarquin or V's demon-pact-alliance whose name I forget) or just a moment of failure, but the Snarl outwits the gods. It kills the Dark One (and maybe some other gods along the way), and the remaining pantheons start to destroy the world.

But the goblins, though their worship of Redcloack, elevate him to deity. There's a fourth Pantheon again. And then Roy, using the last of the divine power from his star fragment, refounds the Green Pantheon. A Pantheon of Six: The Order of the Stick. Five essences is enough to combat and destroy the Snarl, once and for all, preserving this world for all time.

Which would be super neat to end with our heroes becoming gods. But even if that's not how it plays out, this exposition of Pantheons and essences finally sighted in on the end goal, how to not just keep the gates from being opened or to keep the gods from voting to destroy the world. But finally, a path to solving the problem of the Snarl once and for all.

• 3 weeks later...