Order of the Stick

Order of the Stick  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What Gender do you think Varsuvius is?

2. 2. Which Order Member is your Favorite?

• 2 months later...

1039 is up.

I'm guessing it's the door in the very middle of the far right, with the Diagonal boards. Anyone else feeling lucky?

The setup is too straightforward.  It's none of them.  The real entrance to the tomb is off hidden somewhere underneath snow or something.

The halfling builder of the tomb didn't strike me as being that clever 'bout--

It's in the statute of the dwarf. Obviously. Thank you Kaymyth for making me question if it was behind the doors. 

I personally think there's no 'trick' to this one, as Kraagor's gate was created as a monument to their fallen ally, who believed in physical strength. We already did the "gate's hidden on the easily seen object" anyway, for Soon's gate. I'd rather we just see some giant monster fights. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

New comic is up!

Oh, Monster in the Darkness, you sneaky, loveable, adorable little whatever-you-are.

The big question over at Giantitp:

Is the MitD deliberately working against Xykon and Wrong-Eye

or...

does he just like drawing X's on doors?

6 minutes ago, WayneSpren said:

The big question over at Giantitp:

Is the MitD deliberately working against Xykon and Wrong-Eye

or...

does he just like drawing X's on doors?

Or the third option I've seen kicked around:  He forgot which door they came out of, and X'd them all just to be sure he got the right one.

I have finally gotten up to date on this amazing and hilarious webcomic! I didn't dare come in here until now after I peeked in a few weeks ago and saw that y'all were discussing plot points I hadn't gotten to yet.

I'm torn about how to feel about Vampire!Durkon. Before it was revealed that Durkon wasn't really in control, I thought it was cool that he was still a good guy after Malack's influence was gone, so the Buffy-esque "Vampire!Durkon is a demon in a dwarf body" twist felt like a little bit of a letdown for me. But now I'm also kind of expecting that the real Durkon is going to prove himself an epic badchull of willpower and take back control of his body from the vampire spirit just in the nick of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Aww, man.  Poor V.  The use of zir heartbreak as a punchline almost makes you forget that fact that zie caused it all in the first place.

It's amazing how a panel with no dialogue can pack such a punch. Makes me want to give V a hug.