Order of the Stick

Order of the Stick  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What Gender do you think Varsuvius is?

2. 2. Which Order Member is your Favorite?

I can't believe there isn't a thread about The Order of the Stick already. 

This is the thread for that Wonderful Comic, The Order of the Stick, which as of today, has posted 1000 strips online! Are there any other OotS fans out there? (Looking at you two Kobold and Kaymyth) What are your guys thoughts on Today's strip? Favorite Character? Favorite Quote?

So excited for this next Fight between Evil!Durkon and Roy.

Edited by The Only Joe

I can't believe there isn't a thread about The Order of the Stick already. 

This is the thread for that Wonderful Comic, The Order of the Stick, which as of today, has posted 1000 strips online! Are there any other OotS fans out there? (Looking at you two Kobold and Kaymyth) What are your guys thoughts on Today's strip? Favorite Character? Favorite Quote?

So excited for this next Fight between Evil!Durkon and Roy.

Oooh, yes.  Longtime OotS fan here; it's probably my favorite webcomic ever.

1,000th strip is going to be eeeeenteresting.  I'm going to take a stab at saying that we might finally, finally be seeing Belkar's Heroic End soon.  (He is totally not dead from that fall.  He's too high level to die from falling damage.  But....he might be crawling back up that mountain to enter the fight at a crucial moment to save Roy and the rest of the world in an endgame blaze of glory.)

I know, I know.  Everyone and their kid sister keeps trying to predict Belkar's prophesized end.  It's practically a spectator sport.

Well, I (finally) got up to date in the series again.

Poor Roy. His leaping into action was really cool and everything, but still... convinced that Durkon has betrayed him? Ouch.

(Of course, one of the dwarves there said the name Thundershield sounded familiar, so I expect Durkon to survive the fight or, at worst, die and have him remains returned to his homeland like he wanted so...)

Kinda wonder if Haley, Elan or Vi are going to make an apperance, though. This whole Vampire!Durkon arc has been all about Roy-Durkon-Belkar, so it makes sense for them to be the only ones involved in the conclusion to that. That might be why the Flesh-Golem fight existed before; to give that side of the team something to do before this final showdown.

Yeah, update 1000 is just outstanding.

I do wonder about the Belkster. I expect that when he does die, he will really be dead, but hopefully we'll get at least a glimpse of his afterlife. I hope he gets to find out about what happened at the goodmoot.

Personally, I'm betting on a loophole. He 'draw's his last breath' and then becomes a Vampire or Lich or the New God of Death or something that doesn't require breath.

And have you read the 1000th strip yet? It's out online.

Yes, sorry, I've read it; I changed my opening sentence mid-stream and failed to parse the grammar over to fit.  What I meant was that the aftermath of 1000 will be interesting.

I can just imagine Belkar and with a Vampire spirit in his head.  He'd probably break out of its binding and torture the thing into being his new brain-pet.

Yeah, update 1000 is just outstanding.

I do wonder about the Belkster. I expect that when he does die, he will really be dead, but hopefully we'll get at least a glimpse of his afterlife. I hope he gets to find out about what happened at the goodmoot.

It should be interesting.  I'm imagining a scenario where he "earns" his way into a better alignment afterlife, crows about having pulled the best con ever, and proceeds to wreak havoc.

:blink:

:D

This is gonna be pretty epic. :D

But I call one major objection. If all the gods get a say, why doesn't Elan get to cast a tie-breaking vote in the name of Banjo the Clown?

I have still not ruled this scenario out as a possibility, personally.

Can't Durkon just say that Roy is no longer his bodyguard? Legally, the other priests would have to kill him then.

As for banjo, I think he would be a minor or demi god, rather than a major god.

True, but now that the vote's a draw the priest specifically said that the demigods would be consulted.

I believe Elan gave a different Puppet to the Orc tribes. He still has Banjo.

EDIT: Yep. He gave them Giggles, the Clown God of Slapstick.

I think Banjo will have a vote. Alternatively, any of you guys remember when Banjo almost got admitted into the Northern Pantheon? 

Pretty sure Haley and V will end up helping Belkar out. However, it does have certain parallels with Roy's first death. 

• 3 weeks later...

........SNEAK ATTACK!

Dangit, magical +# against undead sword, GLOW GREEN already!

Uh.

So, can anyone explain what, exactly, Durkula just cast on Roy? Not quite sure I get it...

Also, damnation. I refer to my earlier comments, that Roy still think's he's fighting his Durkon. That's sad.