Storing Breath in rock/metal

Pechvarry

Okay, yeah. It appears Miyabi thought that response was Aes Sedai like as well. Yeah, the rest of that quote clears things up for me a lot. My guess is that its just the lack of Eighth Heightening Awakeners which makes people falsely assume it is needed to Awaken metal. Also the large amount of Breath involved is what is stopping people. How many people just have thousands of Breaths ready to Awaken something with, after all. There are some, but maybe they just don't think to try.

So yeah, having been swayed, it is possible to store in Metal before Eighth Heightening, and possibly even to Awaken metal before then. 

I feel like you are trying to tie 2 concepts into 1, here. It's true that in-world knowledge is often faulty with Brandon books, but there's no reason to assume that's the case here.

Storing Breath in metal is NOT the same as awakening metal. There is no rule stating "if you can push a Breath into it, you can Awaken it." As Kurk pointed out, the most straightforward interpretation is that lack of Eighth Heightening results in the object taking the Breaths but refusing the Commands, like some of Vivenna's early attempts at Awakening.

Edited by Pechvarry

• Chaos locked this topic