Long Game 14: To Shatter a Shard

Can I join? I'll be Coco, just another Seventeenth Sharder who only joined because of the traveling perks and is very annoyed at the whole "Odium Returns" thing.

((Eeeep! Look at all these old and experienced players. I feel like a sheep in a lion's den.))

"Cleo XX!" Cleo XXXXX called. Her cousin ran out of the shadows. "Hi!"

"You'd think I'd let you revenge our 'not dead' half skaa half inquisitor half I have no idea without me?" Cleo XX smiled. "Our other cousins are on the way."

"Are any of the Is coming?"

"No. They're too stuck up." 

"Stuck up! Those are my cousins you're talking about."

"Mine too!"

"Family reuinion!" Cleo XXXXX smiled. "Every post, a new cousin. Because nobody can ever have enough cousins."

Leo XXXVI tried to join the party, but then a third Cleo (XII) came up from behind and told him: 

"This is a Cleo party. No boys allowed. Now- go." She pointed back at the Woods of Infinite Cleos." He turned and sighed. 

"You never let us boys have any fun." He thought now we're on. Cleo V.S. Leo prank war time. While we're simultaniously fighting Odium. 

It would be awesome. 

So, um, I just want to ask, where exactly is the setting for this thing, you know, for RPing purposes?

Also, how do you change colors in mobile?? And do bold. And italic. And strikethrough???

Edit: Does this work??

Yeah it does. Thank you!

Edited by nicocoberru

So, um, I just want to ask, where exactly is the setting for this thing, you know, for RPing purposes?

Also, how do you change colors in mobile?? And do bold. And italic. And strikethrough???

[*color=colorname][*/color] [*b][*/b][*i][*/i][*s][*/s] without the asterisks

So, um, I just want to ask, where exactly is the setting for this thing, you know, for RPing purposes?\

This is a Cosmere game. That first writeup took place on Yolen. The other writeups will take place on whatever world a player died on. For RP purposes, you can be anywhere and anywhen. Have fun with It!

Edit: Fixed.

Edited by The Only Joe

Edit: Does this work??

Yeah it does. Thank you!

Yeah.  If you want to RP, your character is on whatever planet is determined by your PM group.

This is a Cosmere game. That first writeup took place on Yolen. The other writeups will take place on whatever world a player died on. For RP purposes, you can be anywhere and andwhen. Have fun with It!

Edit: Wow. Being on mobile really messed up quoting you. I'll fix that later.

Awesome! I'm glad you clarified that, because I felt like my RP was going to be really restricted on a single planet!

RP introduction time. It's kind of long. :P

...Green feathers, curved beak.

Conclusion: Not a chicken, despite name.

Theory: The Shin have another name for this species.

Proposed Fact: The Alethi call all...

Fact: Scraping. In the distance, but coming closer. Rhythmic. Theory: One person, approaching.

Nyra set her pencil down, scanning the Plains for the source of the sound. Barely a moment later, someone walked around one of the stones and into view. Nyra smiled, closing her book.

Fact: Someone I know.

Nyra waited a few moments looking then necessary - fact: not everyone is a Tineye - before speaking. "Raven. I was led to believe that you were on Nalthis. Fact. You are not. Explain."

Raven sighed, unbuckling a Shardplate glove and laying on the ground. "No time, Nyra."

"But-"

"Odium has returned."

Nyra swallowed. "Impossible. Fact. Hoid dealt with him. Fact. Odium is gone."

"No longer." Raven sat down on the dusty ground, and Nyra hesitantly joined her. "I heard his voice on the wind myself. He has returned. Perhaps in another name, under another form, but he has returned."

Fact: They captured Odium's mortal form. Fact: Both Survival and Devotion asked for mercy. Fact: Hoid is not the type to normally give it. The conclusion is... "Theory. He has had help from the other shards."

Raven nodded tiredly. "That is the thought, yes." She paused, then glanced away. "I know you are 17th Shard. You know I made Oaths to not interfere. I can not join this matter. You...can."

"I can only conclude you do not wish to ask me of this. I do not mind."

Raven sighed. "You are a scholar, Ny. A worldhopping one, yes, but you don't have to do this just for me."

"If Odium reigns free, we are all in danger." Nyra stood. "Was that all you wished of me?"

Raven glanced back towards the direction she came from, then stood as well, handing a letter to Nyra. "I fear I will not survive the night. Stay to see the sun. If you hear of the death of Resha, read the letter and follow the instructions. If not, burn it. In either case, leave this world afterwards. Danger comes here, I suspect."

Nyra watched as Raven left once more, leaving behind the Shardplate glove. She picked up the piece, studied it, then dropped it once more. Fact: I have not visited Scadrial in a while. Fact: Nor I have I finished cataloging the species of birds on First of the Sun. Conclusion: I should visit those planets again, soon. Theory: I suspect I will find information on the arrival of Odium no matter where I go.

Conclusion: I should look into the matter, before the situation leaves me dead.

I will be sending out PM's shortly for you to choose what world you wish to start on. Note that, if you have a regular role, (No Powers), and you are invested by Devotion, you will receive a Minor role matching whatever World you are on at the turn you are invested in.

The Possible worlds are Scadrial, Roshar, Nalthis, Sel, First of the Sun and Yolen. Note that Yolen does not have a specific Minor Role. If you're on Yolen, you'll get a random minor Role.

If you don't receive a PM, it means i missed you signing up. Please post again!

More Clarifications: (You might want to reread the Clarification Post BTW)

A quick clarification: If one were given a shard, would you only be able to get one from the planet you claim to start on?

No. Planets only determine what Minor role Endowment gives you.

If not, and you are given say preservation whilst choosing Roshar, would you be started on Scadrial or Roshar?

Roshar

And can shards move planets?

Yes.

think that the planet name after the shards is only relevant for the awakener, but thought that I ought to check.

Yes, that's just relevant to the Awakeners.

Edited by The Only Joe

Can the Thug gain more metal vials? The rules are somewhat unclear to me on that.

All of the minor roles have limited uses. They get more items by being invested by Devotion. So yes.

Edit: not quite STINK, Devotion gives a minor role items equal to their starting amount.

Edited by The Only Joe

So theoretically, we could have a situation in which the Unmade destroys all the worlds?

Hmm.  Seeing as Wilson is in this game I feel compelled to warn everyone that she would love nothing more than to do this.

(I really just want to destroy a galaxy now   :ph34r: )

Taken completely out of context from an ongoing PM we have.:P

Edited by Alvron