SpoCon report

Shardlet

Alright.  Here is the first portion of the nights readings.  This is from the prologue of Words of Radiance which is Jasnah's POV of the night of Gavilar's assassination.

I apologize for the quality.  I am only able to use Audacity in the most basic manner.  But, everything should be reasonably clear. 

Edit 1: And here is the reading from Shadows of Self.  This reading is an expanded version of the same scene we already have.

Edit 2: And here is the reading from Legion 2 which is a dinner date scene.

Edit 3: and finally, here is the final reading of the night.  this is an excerpt from Psychic Birds which is a story written by Brandon based on a brainstorming session on Writing Excuses.

Again, I apologize for the roughness.  I will transcribe the Q&As rather than provide a recording.  So those will be forthcoming in the next few days.  Thanks for your patience.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It should work now.

I'm just about finished with the transcriptions, there are a some places in each of them where I just can't tell what Brandon says.  If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, go ahead.

Here are the all thinks in one post:

Shadows of Self Reading

Legion sequel Reading

Sixth of the Dusk Reading

Words of Radiance Prologue Reading

Edited by WeiryWriter

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, the audio isn't up yet so you guys will just have to take me at my word here for now, but I have some exciting Q&As to share! :D Chaos very nicely offered to ask some questions from me if he got the chance, and boy did he come through! Here's what came out of it:

Question: Are all magics on Sel their own individual systems, or are they different manifestations of the same system?

Answer: They are different manifestations of the same system.

Question: Are all magics on Sel influenced by both Devotion and Dominion?

Answer: Yes.

I was super excited to get those answers! Not only are they a fascinating look into how magic on Sel really works, but they also do quite a bit to back up my own theory about what's going on on Sel. Good stuff, right? :D

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's been said that Seons contain the splinters of Devotion and the Skaze (a.k.a. "evil" Seons) contain the splinters of Dominion.

Aye. Though if I recall correctly they are not exactly Splinters. Think there was a catch.

Aye. Though if I recall correctly they are not exactly Splinters. Think there was a catch.

I think the catch was that, technically, the Seons themselves were not the splinters, but, rather the Aeons inside them were.

The question I asked him in Houston was related to this, and he said that the Seons and the Skaze "weren't supposed to be there", and they were created after Odium killed Devotion and Dominion and Splintered their shards.

I think the catch was that, technically, the Seons themselves were not the splinters, but, rather the Aons inside them were.

Yes, you're right:

Viper

SPLINTER. Are the Aons at the heart of Seons SPLINTERS of Aona?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

source

Your information is quite interesting, too. Now we're all curious about how Seons (and Skaze) were created, how the Splinters (the Aons) were "catched" inside the Seons, and who created them. :)

Remembering Ashe for example, he seems so human. Hopefully those Seons aren't captured souls of people ... I'm babbling again. :/ 

• 2 years later...

Alright.  Here is the first portion of the nights readings.  This is from the prologue of Words of Radiance which is Jasnah's POV of the night of Gavilar's assassination.

I apologize for the quality.  I am only able to use Audacity in the most basic manner.  But, everything should be reasonably clear. 

Edit 1: And here is the reading from Shadows of Self.  This reading is an expanded version of the same scene we already have.

Edit 2: And here is the reading from Legion 2 which is a dinner date scene.

Edit 3: and finally, here is the final reading of the night.  this is an excerpt from Psychic Birds which is a story written by Brandon based on a brainstorming session on Writing Excuses.

Again, I apologize for the roughness.  I will transcribe the Q&As rather than provide a recording.  So those will be forthcoming in the next few days.  Thanks for your patience.

TURBO NECRO!

Did we ever get that full transcript? I was poking around for it and couldn't find it.

Q: In hemalurgy, does the person doing the spiking need to have Scadrian investiture?

A: No.

Q: So, anyone with the knowledge could spike someone?

A: Yes.

Can someone ask him if the Spiked-One (the Victim) need to have Ruin's Investiture.?

Edited by Yata