Moving to Urithiru

ivoryblade

What was the point of moving everyone to Urithiru? I thought they established that it was some place in the center of Roshar, and that it did experience highstorms. The everstorm would make its trip around the world and eventually hit Urithiru as well, would it not?

It's probably the most secure building in Roshar because of the altitude. Besides, if the structure stood against thousands of years of highstorms, it'll probably be fine against the everstorm too even if it's blowing from the opposite direction. So they can take shelter inside as long as they stay away from the windows.

And it's the mythological center of power for the Knights Radiant. Even the psychological effect of that should be enough to discourage your average dissident. Never mind that almost everyone will be dependent on Shallan if they want to get out of there. It makes sense politically, too.

I think one of the reasons the Highprinces may have been willing to move to Urithiru is hope to scavenge some valuable artifacts... Think about it, lost city hidden for hundred of years? I am sure it has crossed the mind of several it may mean plunder.

Defensible to the point, that enemies have start to fly or teleport to go there without a living shardblade. Some of the voidbringers could do that, I believe, but at least not all. Or they have to find the path that Bajerden/Nohadon had token, but it seems not to be obvious if existing.
Question for Brandon: Can you open an Oathgate with an Honorblade?

I can think of several points

-Potential to salvage ancient fabrials and shards 

-Potential gate access to anywhere on the continent

-Elevation and mountains encircling the city protect from both Everstorms and High storms

-Aforementioned geography making it VERY secure from conventional attack

-Theological importance to the Vorin peoples as a holy city

Edited by Numuhuku

• Chaos locked this topic