The Cosmere-Realization Face

See, I introduced my girlfriend to Brandon's books before WoR came out and to date the only ones she hasn't read are Warbreaker and SoS. She knows about the cosmere but thinks its way too complicated and we are all just making half the stuff up. But the other night I started explaining things to her and sh amazingly didn't tell me to stop. She even asked a few questions. And at the end of it all, she said she actually didn't feel all confused. There is yet hope.

HoA spoiler:

I think the reason she won't listen about the cosmere is because she hates Brandon for killing Vin and Elend. She thinks all his books are going to end in widespread death.

Some of my favorite books end with a bunch of people dying. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ended that way, and Mistborn of course. It can be a nice contrast to Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings, where only one of the A-Team dies the whole time. (Obi-Wan and Borimor the Badchull)

Some of my favorite books end with a bunch of people dying. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ended that way, and Mistborn of course. It can be a nice contrast to Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings, where only one of the A-Team dies the whole time. (Obi-Wan and Borimor the Badchull)

Yeah but the world didn't end (yenno, except Alderaan). I dunno. It hurt me when they died too, but I understand it as a literary device. She doesn't think that way though, but that's ok. 

• Chaos locked this topic