If you had Breath...

Emeralis00

• 2 weeks later...

Then make them do the "My life to yours, my Breath become yours." While imagining themselves breathing out a full spectrum of light into me. I'd say its "Part of the magic. You've really got to believe!"

I find it a tad ironic that you have the Windrunner symbol, which essentially stands for honor, as your profile pic. :/

I think for a while I'd go into business as a faith healer or aura clenser.  Simpler to get peoples Breath in a one to one setting like that, especially if they are the type to belive in auras in the first place.  Just convince them to trust me, get their Breath, explain the light show as being 'the inbalanced aura' and do some mojo to pretend I gave it back clean.

I think I'd also do paintings, maybe really build myself up in that community for a few years/decades.  Build a bit of a cult of personality. Then one day, I vanish (that apperance changing thing would be soooo useful!)  I think music for my second life.  Then back to the 'auras', I'd swap back and forth for maybe a century, building up my religion into something semi-respectable.  And Then I reveal myself and my undead squirrel armies. :D  (or maybe cows . . . dead cow is pretty easy to find after all . . .)

I think for a while I'd go into business as a faith healer or aura clenser.  Simpler to get peoples Breath in a one to one setting like that, especially if they are the type to belive in auras in the first place.  Just convince them to trust me, get their Breath, explain the light show as being 'the inbalanced aura' and do some mojo to pretend I gave it back clean.

I think I'd also do paintings, maybe really build myself up in that community for a few years/decades.  Build a bit of a cult of personality. Then one day, I vanish (that apperance changing thing would be soooo useful!)  I think music for my second life.  Then back to the 'auras', I'd swap back and forth for maybe a century, building up my religion into something semi-respectable.  And Then I reveal myself and my undead squirrel armies. :D  (or maybe cows . . . dead cow is pretty easy to find after all . . .)

Your cow armies can join with my squirrel armies and we will enslave all mankind! And welcome to the seventeenth shard! Have an up vote.

• 2 weeks later...

Use Awakening to make people who don't know about Lucids think they're dreaming, and then fork over their breaths. After doing this to most of a town in one night, I would kill them all and reanimate them to go about their lives, doing all they could to hide their deaths/grayness, but to ultimately obey me. We'd all eventually become a traveling circus, and I could run the fortune-telling booth to steal even more breaths. Eventually, given enough breaths, I would probably Awaken an entire town/city and run the place. Nobody would ever be able to take it over.

• 11 months later...

Assuming other people also had a single Breath but didn't know about it.. I would become a magician, and do one of those interactive shows, get the whole audience talking, get them happy. Make them trust me and do breathing exercises. You know, "Breathe in, and imagine your breath is like a rainbow. Breathe out. In... Out... Good, now, I need you to trust me. Breathe your trust into me. Imagine this spectrum of rainbow breath streaming out of you and into me. If you don't trust... don't believe.. The magic won't work."

Then make them do the "My life to yours, my Breath become yours." While imagining themselves breathing out a full spectrum of light into me. I'd say its "Part of the magic. You've really got to believe!" And then when I robbed them all of their Breath, reaping hundreds if not thousands of Breaths per show, I'd Awaken things for magic. Then, with the impossibility of my shows, I'd draw much bigger crowds, doing multiple shows a day. I'd stop shows after 10,000,000 Breaths. (High heights, but in a world where Breath would be free for me, not as hard as it sounds.) Then I'd use my enormous amount of Breath to practice Awakening for about 200 years.

After that, I'd take on a few apprentices, and through them, I'd introduce Awakening to the world. (Conveniently, everyone I robbed of their Breath will be long dead by then.) I'd sell off maybe 500,000 Breaths, which I think someone calculated, in Hallandren went for $4,000 per. I think they'd go for much more, though, since this would be a world of militaries rushing to equip their troops with super soldiers asap. Some people would sell theirs for money, probably a majority. The others would be all scheming to become immortal and get magic.

I'd start a company with the 500,000 Breaths, call it Awaken. I'd put it on the Stock Market, make even -more- money, Buy a castle, and awaken me a few sets of armor and swords to defend it and me, along with awakening just about every single previously living thing in the Castle with the simple "Protect me." phrase, and make it into a fortress. I'd then live out my days as the single most powerful Awakener there is, since I'd have a 200 or so year head start of practice, as well as a shitton of Breaths, and the more you have, the easier it is to learn new commands. Oooh, I would have a spell book of commands. :3

Also, with 10,000,000 Breaths, I wonder if I'd hit a higher Heightening? Does it stop at 10? Maybe 16? Or does it just keep going? I think 10,000,000 Breaths, if it just kept going, would probably be like the 17th Heightening, since the number of Breaths required for a Heightening roughly doubles each level up. The 17th Heightening of the 17th Shard... That sounds exciting.

Yeah, I've thought about this too much...

You could probably clone yourself with that much Breath and tell it to do what you just said.

• 2 weeks later...

I would probably become the world's greatest practical joker.  Could you imagine someone someone going to lay down on a blanket and the thing just wrapping them up?  That would be hilarious.  

Or someone goes to put on a jacket and it becomes a straight-jacket.  :P

If I had that many breaths, I would probably just use awakening for my own amusement. I'd have little straw dolls that I would keep around so that I could have them move things on people's desks, move other things, etc. I'd probably also take up painting since I'd have perfect color recognition. I'd also enjoy nature a lot more. Fire works would be a blast to watch.

go about and explore, live my life. i'm immortal, impervious do disease, and have some wicked abilities to use as a last resort. i could search out beautiful places, admire animal and floral life.... 

maybe first stock up a few extra hundred, just in case i might need to use them

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic