Alpha Readers Thread

Mandamon

3 hours ago, JWerner said:

I don't really have a solid timeline; I'd just like to finally have something published to my name. So if you could take a look at within the next month or two, Silk, I'd really appreciate that.

Out of curiosity, where are you planning to submit it to?

3 hours ago, JWerner said:

I don't really have a solid timeline; I'd just like to finally have something published to my name. So if you could take a look at within the next month or two, Silk, I'd really appreciate that.

Okidoke. I'll try to get something back to you by the end of January. I forget if you can share manuscripts directly here on Shard but feel free to DM for my email!

3 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Out of curiosity, where are you planning to submit it to?

The idea was to plop it on Amazon and let that be it. I'm not opposed to submitting it elsewhere, I'd just rather take the guaranteed, faster route of having my work out there. 

2 hours ago, Silk said:

Okidoke. I'll try to get something back to you by the end of January. I forget if you can share manuscripts directly here on Shard but feel free to DM for my email!

Sounds great, thanks!

54 minutes ago, JWerner said:

The idea was to plop it on Amazon and let that be it. I'm not opposed to submitting it elsewhere, I'd just rather take the guaranteed, faster route of having my work out there. 

Sounds great, thanks!

Ok--if you want to self publish, send me a DM. Basically, putting it on Amazon with no support will guarantee you no sales.
Fortunately, I run a small press now, and I think this is a good story! I can work with you on final edits, get a good cover, and include this in my lineup of releases for 2023. It will get a lot more exposure. If that sounds like a good idea, we can talk.

• 2 months later...

Would anyone be keen to read a short story I've been working on? I've had a bit of trouble with writers block with this one, so I've only just finished a draft for it. 
I was hoping to enter it into a short story competition which closes in a few days (5pm AWST 15th of March), so a quick turnaround would be appreciated. It's a touch under 1100 words (max is 1200).

On 3/9/2023 at 2:08 PM, jamesbondsmith said:

Would anyone be keen to read a short story I've been working on? I've had a bit of trouble with writers block with this one, so I've only just finished a draft for it. 
I was hoping to enter it into a short story competition which closes in a few days (5pm AWST 15th of March), so a quick turnaround would be appreciated. It's a touch under 1100 words (max is 1200).

Oof, I'm not going to be able to turn anything around that quickly but I hope someone is able to!

On 3/9/2023 at 3:08 PM, jamesbondsmith said:

Sorry, normally I would be all over this, but its a busy week for me this week. If you send me a copy I could give it a look tomorrow but i understand that that is extremely close to the deadline