Refero

Words of Radiance Release Date Moved

19 posts in this topic

Well, I woke up to this little gem this morning. It seems that Words of Radiance has been pushed back tentatively until March 4th of 2014... I'm a little bummed out by this, but hopefully it'll show in the final draft. :/

Nooooooooo

:(

Well, if Brandon wants the time I can't begrudge it. And it really isn't that much of a delay.  B)

Bummer, I hate delays. At least I'll be able to get it for my birthday! I love having my birthday in March.

There is some small Sliver of hope hidden at the bottom of a chasm, though I'm not holding my Breath.

Llama_Face_normal.pngBrandon Sanderson

WORDS OF RADIANCE is moving to March. But this is still subject to change. I will decide when revisions are done.

Link

Edited by Kurkistan

Yeah... I'm disappointed it's delayed too, but at the same time, I think we'd all prefer a better book.

Speak for yourself, man. Personally, I'd infinitely prefer a terrible book This Very Instant.

:P

Speak for yourself, man. Personally, I'd infinitely prefer a terrible book This Very Instant.

Yes! (Although I think you are being facetious)

I want a subscription to Brandon.  I want to be able to read an unedited electronic copy now, and get a nice copy in March.  I'll sign an NDA. 

It is sad to hear a delay, but it's not that long of a delay, and I'm sure the book will be worth it.  

Slightly disappointed by this, but what can you do?

I only hope it turns out better because of this.

Two more months...but definitely lets me get another re-read under my belt before then and after the Holidays.

There is some small Sliver of hope hidden at the bottom of a chasm, though I'm not holding my Breath.

Llama_Face_normal.pngBrandon Sanderson

WORDS OF RADIANCE is moving to March. But this is still subject to change. I will decide when revisions are done.

Link

I read that as saying that it could possibly be even later than March, if revisions don't proceed as smoothly as expected.

Maybe, but before this announcement Brandon was talking about how he might be able to hit the January date if he got lucky, so I think he's probably talking about a downward "change" being possible, so far as time goes.

Edited by Kurkistan

I'd prefer an amazing one Right Now. Alas, the world is not a perfect place. Which sucks.  :(

I read that as saying that it could possibly be even later than March, if revisions don't proceed as smoothly as expected.

Yeah, that's how I read it too. 

Edited by Rubix
watch the language, please

I am a longtime fan of the order of the stick webcomic. The author has lingering healt problems, overcommitted to more work than he can manage during a kickstarter where he asked for 50k $ and ended up with over a million, badly injured his drawing hand with shattered glass, and was pretty bad at keeping schedule even before all of that.

I am used to all that. So, hearing people disappointed for the delay in word of radiance... well, it's like if a russian heard an egyptian saying that during winter in egypt it get really cold.

Plus, I am a researcher, a job where you cannot keep a schedule because you literally don't know what may happen next. I am used to dates being uncertain.

The book will be ready when it will be ready. It will be worth it.

Havoc, on 31 Jul 2013 - 02:15, said:snapback.png

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

Well, I didn't read anything into this, except what it says, which is plainly that it might be delayed further or Brandon might be able to hit the old Jan-release date, or the new Mar date might stick, all depending on revisions.

Plus, I am a researcher, a job where you cannot keep a schedule because you literally don't know what may happen next. I am used to dates being uncertain.

The book will be ready when it will be ready. It will be worth it.

Me too! Go researchers! That is exactly the way I feel about this delay.

I'm also disappointed, but I trust Brandon and I know he wouldn't do this if he didn't feel it was necessary to make the book the best it can possibly be, I fully expect it to be totally worth the wait.

If this were the Forgotten Realms, this would be The Year of Dark Delays. Mr. Sanderson is just one of so very many authors who have pushed back release dates I've been anticipating this year. I'm somewhat thankful that he gave plenty of notice instead of pushing the release back at the last minute like most of the other authors have done. I'm also hopeful, because Brandon is one of the few authors who have been known to push up release dates when things go smoothly.

What I would love to see happen, (though I know it's a pipe dream) is an arc release when the book is approved by the pubisher for print instead of having to wait till the book is released in Hard Cover to get a copy of it.