WoR Release event

M0ntz3rin

I think the main reason that it was going to be a mini-con of sorts is just how many fans are planning on being at the release.  I mean, of course Josh and I will be there, plus our friends in the area.

Though, I would be curious to see who is going to be there.  We might have to do something... larger if we have enough sharders.

If there is a big event, I will try and come. I've always wanted to go to a midnight release, but plane tickets from the UK to Utah aren't cheap. If there was a mini-con, and I got to spend more than just an evening with all you lovely people I would certainly make the effort!

I definitely plan to be at the release. Although I'm not sure how early I'll be able to get there. Work and all. But since I live in Provo now, nothing short of death will keep me from the release...well. Death and serious maiming.

A mini-con sounds cool. I'd have to know more about it to know if it was feasible with my work schedule (I'd prefer to not request any more days off), but I assume it would be and I'd love to meet more Sharders. You guys are awesome. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone who has said they're interested, but they don't want it to just be a one night party, I can assure you it won't.  Josh and I will be there for at least a couple of days before the actual release, as will others.  Usually, it ends up being a big party of people hanging out and talking about their thoughts and theories and such.

If we can get enough people who are FOR SURE coming, I would try to see if we could have something... I don't know what, since I don't want to appear to commit to something without checking with people first.  But we'd do some sort of event.

(Note, when I say for sure, I mean no questions asked you'll come, and you'll be there for a couple of days.  The reason I stress this is last time there were a ton of people who said they'd be at the event, but then at the last minute ended up not coming.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We were all sitting around one night and thought about how funny it would be to have bridge crews and bridge run reenactments with nerf bows or whatever. 

On a serious note do we pre-order the book from the BYU book store and if so anyone have a number/website/info on how?

Thanks for answering Peter!

Edited by ninch

Sounds fun. Its unfortunate that America is placed in such a insignificant place. Or atleast this "Utah", whatever that is. Could you not just pick it up and place it in a better spot? If it will not fit in the sea between Sweden and Germany you could surely fit this near-mythical Utah into the north sea between Norway, Denmark and Britain? It would still be unpleasantly far, but a doable drivingdistance as opposed to where it is currently residing. And that is not even considering the difficulty of finding an amphibious car capabel of crossing the atlantic. On that note, when you park Utah, please be careful to place it close enough to the coast so a ramp can be placed. It would be quite vexing to be forced to acquire said amphibious car for the relatively short distance mentioned.

And do not bother to avoid all those steel constructions spread all over. The Norweigians are rich enough. It is after all for the greater good, namely my personal pleasure. 

Sounds fun. Its unfortunate that America is placed in such a insignificant place. Or atleast this "Utah", whatever that is. Could you not just pick it up and place it in a better spot? If it will not fit in the sea between Sweden and Germany you could surely fit this near-mythical Utah into the north sea between Norway, Denmark and Britain? It would still be unpleasantly far, but a doable drivingdistance as opposed to where it is currently residing. And that is not even considering the difficulty of finding an amphibious car capabel of crossing the atlantic. On that note, when you park Utah, please be careful to place it close enough to the coast so a ramp can be placed. It would be quite vexing to be forced to acquire said amphibious car for the relatively short distance mentioned.

And do not bother to avoid all those steel constructions spread all over. The Norweigians are rich enough. It is after all for the greater good, namely my personal pleasure. 

Nay! Too cold up there, how about down in the globe in a more tropical clime let's say, in a small city close to the sea, that would be nice and cozy =)

If everyone gonna attend how about a livestream from we " international" 17th sharders. Come on guy share some love it us the no American fans, put someone with a cam and stream live like in a Gamecon =)

Edited by Natans