Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avalon Blue

(SPOILERS) Denth

10 posts in this topic

So I have a question about him. Sure it might have been asked already but thought I'd ask anyway as its been bugging me.

VaraTreledees. Nigthblood calls Denth by this name. My question is this the same Treledees that attended to Siri or are the two separate people? Or did I misread somewhere? I ask because at the end we know what happens to both of them. Anyone know or I am pulling at straws?

Thanks in Advance.

They are two separate people. Denth went by the name VaraTreledees hundreds of years earlier, back when he and Vasher worked together as two of the Five Scholars. The implication is that the name has since found its way into the culture, with a version of it becoming popularized as a name again (sort of the way "Moses" or "Joseph" are still popular names today).

That makes more sense. Was gonna say that they couldn't be in the same place at once, thanks for the clarification!

Maybe Treledees is descended from Vasher (I don't know if he had any kids or not)

Maybe Treledees is descended from Vasher (I don't know if he had any kids or not)

The Returned children issue.

Treledees would likely have royal locks if he was related to Vasher.

He could have been a descendant of the man VaraTreledees was while he was still living his first life.

EDIT: Also we know not every descendant of a Returned has the Royal Locks. Only the heir of Idris will give his children the Locks.

Edited by Oudeis

I find it hard to believe that the royal bloodline came about within literally one generation of Vo's Return though, when that guy died in one week. And such a specific quirk that depends entirely on social hierarchy screams of being cognitive or identity influenced rather than built into the breath fragment. Which matches how Returned shapeshifting works anyway.

Who knows how a different Returned bloodline will work.

It is mentioned that the founders of Hanald, when they finally landed there, did make Vo's wife the queen so yes the royal bloodline was established within one generation.

Huh. I stand corrected.

It'd still be weird for that to be an actual feature of the partial divine breath oddity they have.

Except that... we're talking about it's lack of existence. So in one specific instance, the lineage of a Returned got a unique thing we don't fully understand yet. In this potential second speculated instance, neither it nor anything else immediately obviously usual happened.