Questions About Inquisitors

Wherethewindgoes

Hallo. So, I just finished re-reading The Final Empire and was confused about a few things. I haven't read WoA or HoA in a while, so forgive me if any of these are really obviously answered in those.

1. When Vin explains to Kelsier that she, as well as Inquisitors, can pierce Copperclouds, he claims this isn't true because then Inquisitors would be able to find Allomancers much more easily, and Smokers wouldn't be able to hide them. Evidently Inquisitors (at least the ones that started out as Seekers) can pierce Copperclouds, so why aren't they finding all of the Allomancers so easily, as Kelsier says?

2. There's probably a simple answer to this, but why are the Inquisitors able to heal so quickly and age so slowly? It's mentioned that they do age, but very slowly, so I imagine it's not compounding? But what gives them the ability to be pretty much invincible unless the spikes are separated?

That seems to be all, for now. Thanks in advance for any help in clearing up my confusion!

Only Inquisitors who were Mistborn before their spiking could pierce Copperclouds, since they'd be nearly twice as strong.

They stored Feruchemical gold a lot, that's why they were always resting. Some may have figured out how to compound on their own. As for age, I could be wrong, but Inquisitors are no longer human, so their lifespan is different. Hope this helped!

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/614-ancient-qa/

22. How long is the lifespan of an Inquisitor?

ANSWER: It depends on the powers they're given. Some burn up quickly, and others are extended. In general though they do tend to have slightly longer lives. Since Marsh has the missing bag of atiums he's going to be around for a while.

Lifespan is kinda variable it seems. I guess it kinda makes sense - koloss have really short lifespans...

Kandra have a lot longer lifespans than mistwraiths (going from 30-50 years to practically immortal) though they're just weird in general.

I suspect that part of the answer is a limit in the number of Inquisitors. But another issue is that if they exploited every single opportunity to catch Skaa Mistings by piercing their copperclouds, the Skaa would likely realie that Copperclouds were ineffective and rely instead on rigid discretion in the use of their abilities, making them far harder to track. A huge part of the advantage is that it is believed that copperclouds mask all Allomancy... by only using that advantage at important moments, such as when Skaa are detected infiltrating Kredik Shaw ;) , they can monitor Skaa Allomancers far more easily secure in the knowledge that the Skaa think they are hidden. This further allows them to keep an eye on Skaa mistings until they are ready to "cash them in" when they need to make another Inquisitor.

Only Inquisitors who were Mistborn before their spiking could pierce Copperclouds, since they'd be nearly twice as strong.

I just finished a reread and I'm pretty dang sure that they only needed to be seekers to be able to pierce copperclouds and that this was the reason that the inquisition actively sought out seeker obligators.

• Chaos locked this topic