Who Are The Most Powerful People/Beings In The Cosmere?

Patar

On 12/25/2017 at 11:36 AM, The One Who Connects said:

Do we have outright confirmation that the spike in Kelsier's eye is a Spike? Did he use said hemalurgic spike to become fullborn, or was that a consequence of his status as a Sliver alongside his connection to Ruin? Has he somehow attached his essence to said spike without having to somehow shed blood? Did he take the body of some witless berk or did he find a braindead/soulcast one somehow? I have so many questions about Kelsier as he is now.

57 minutes ago, Crazy1993 said:

Do we have outright confirmation that the spike in Kelsier's eye is a Spike? Did he use said hemalurgic spike to become fullborn, or was that a consequence of his status as a Sliver alongside his connection to Ruin? Has he somehow attached his essence to said spike without having to somehow shed blood? Did he take the body of some witless berk or did he find a braindead/soulcast one somehow? I have so many questions about Kelsier as he is now.

We all do.

Yay for Necro’d Threads!!!

Order is difficult, but my top 4 are:

1:Harmony (Sazed)

Hoid

Szeth+Nightblood

4: Odium

2/3 are the difficult ones. Hoid has said specifically that he would ‘Let the whole world burn’ if it served his ends. This implies, to me, that he has the ability to act on a global scale to affect events. Nightblood has Szeth’s Moral/Honour code to keep it check... However twisted it migh be, it does work. But, Damnation, is Nightblood disgustingly powerful? If you combine that with Szeth’s skill and prowess... Awesomeness. Pure and simple.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:31 PM, Crazy1993 said:

Do we have outright confirmation that the spike in Kelsier's eye is a Spike?

Counter-intuitively, the fact that he is not dead is the proof of Hemalurgy.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:09 PM, The One Who Connects said:

Hemalurgy moves the brain and/or heart out of the way of the spike.. somehow. It twists them into something almost inhuman. That's a little different than having a reactive metal in your stomach, especially since Brandon said they have to manually burn them before sleeping to avoid metal poisoning. Allomancy doesn't seem to have the same survival safeguards that Hemalurgy does.

Edit: Did I really just say that?

• 8 months later...

Think a 5th Ideal Bondsmith would be up there in the "raw power" level like an Elantrian, Marsh, Suseberon? (leaving out TLR since he is dead) 

based off what we saw Dalinar do in Oathbringer, a full Radiant Bondsmith seems like they'd be "up there"

36 minutes ago, Kelkamer said:

Think a 5th Ideal Bondsmith would be up there in the "raw power" level like an Elantrian, Marsh, Suseberon? (leaving out TLR since he is dead) 

based off what we saw Dalinar do in Oathbringer, a full Radiant Bondsmith seems like they'd be "up there"

Dalinar is up there, but he is a special case because Honor modified the Stormfather at the time of Honor's death. Stormfather is both a splinter of Honor and Tanavast/Honor's cognitive shadow. Previous Bondsmiths didn't have access to that kind of power and we have seen no indication that Nightwatcher or The Sibling are as powerful as the modified Stormfather is. 

“You have been placed in a difficult position, my son,” Odium said. “You are the first to bond the Stormfather in his current state. Did you know that? You are deeply connected to the remnants of a god.” Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (p. 550). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

Shadows of Self San Francisco signing (Oct. 9, 2015)

Questioner

Does the spren have to be present for a Surgebinder to have their abilities? Because with Dalinar, the Stormfather won’t be around all the time...

Brandon Sanderson

Good Question! Fortunately, the Stormfather is a little more omnipresent. Normally you’re gonna have to have your spren close, but the Stormfather absorbed... is basically Honor’s cognitive shadow, which means he’s got a connection to a lot of different things, so he’s not bound by a lot of the rules that others are.

Edited by Child of Hodor

I think any Elantrian would probably qualify; from what we’ve seen, they have the potential to rival if no far exceed any Radiant or Mistborn in terms of raw power, at least while they’re near Elantris. Though I suppose this is offset slightly by how ludicrously impractical AonDor is to use when you don’t have as much time as you need.

• Chaos locked this topic