The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

In today's Tor chat with Brandon on Twitter, Brandon RAFO'd me on if Endowment's holder was female. He had a smiley face on that, though, so I think we're right.

Oh but the part where we learned the letter was in fact to someone in Dragonsteel was nice. Especially with the follow up question about if the person was the one who is very active in what is going on in the book with characters (name left out like this until approval from Chaos/Peter) keeps getting mad at in the book. He gave me a RAFO with a big smiley face which leads me to believe we are also on the right track.

Two AoL questions:

Are there still no Splinters on Scadrial?

Do Allomancers still need to Snap?

Don't know if you posted this question to the Tor Q&A, but the reply to your second is:

@Fyodor32768 Sazed chose to alter the way Snapping works. It bothered him. It does happen, but differently. #torchat

Also - can one of the Mods add the answers I posted on page 10 into the main list of questions? (They should all be Cosmere questions)

Edited by Green Hoodie Mistborn

I forgot to mention this in my earlier posts, as I had forgotten entirely about it until just now.

When Brandon was answering my question about whether people can gain the magics of other worlds, he also said that some of the magics work away from the source world, but that others of them get weaker or don't work as they move farther from the source world.

I'd think this has to do with the realm they interact mostly on... i.e. Allomancy will probably work anywhere since it is mostly a physical dna thing that generates a tie to the shards power, whereas Breaths might not work on a different world, even if you have them, because they are a spiritual tie to Endowment.

The only reason I think that Allomancy/Feruchemy/Hemalurgy will work on any world is because eventually we'll be having a Mistborn trilogy in space, and it wouldn't make too much sense for those to not work in space or on another planet once they arrive, though it could generate some interesting conflict.

i would think aondor would be one of those that got weaker the further u wentt from sel

Especially since we know that it gets weaker just traveling from Elantris the city :)

I do wonder though, if as Brandon has confirmed, Galladon is the Dula we see in Way of Kings, could he actually use AonDor on Roshar or did traveling to Roshar cause him to physically revert from his Elantrian form to his Dula form since he was far from the magics that make him Elantrian?

Especially since we know that it gets weaker just traveling from Elantris the city :)

I do wonder though, if as Brandon has confirmed, Galladon is the Dula we see in Way of Kings, could he actually use AonDor on Roshar or did traveling to Roshar cause him to physically revert from his Elantrian form to his Dula form since he was far from the magics that make him Elantrian?

It's probably more like he can't work with aons while on Roshar.

Someone asked Brandon why the Seons were affected by the Shaod, and he said something along the lines of the Shaod causing a change in the person, which causes a change in the Seon. I imagine that the change is permanent, and not something that can be undone except by the pool.

So he (or Raoden) probably just cast an illusion on his clothing to make him look like his pre-Shaod self, but he's limited to mundane actions while away from Elantris.

Are Dakhor Symbols tied to specific geography?

Inspiration: (Elantris ch. 60, pp 580 US paperback) Emphasis added.

She thought I [Dilaf] was the most handsome man she'd ever seen, even though my body had been twisted and destroyed to fit the mold of an Arelene.
which seems to imply that it has something to do with Arelon, not Sel (the world).

What do you call a human from each planet ( Scadrial, Roshar, Nalthis and Sel)?

i.e. Scadrialese?

Does the intent/personality of the Shard affect the personalities of the humans they create?

i.e. Are Scadrialese more inclined to conserve, while Nalthese are more inclined to give?

The first question is because it has been bugging me, the second is for my theory.

Though I would appreciate anyone who can word the second one better.

• 2 weeks later...

Is spiritual DNA inherited the same as regular DNA?

ie. Identical twins are born on Scadrial. One is a Seeker. Does this mean the other also must be:

1) An Allomancer?

2) A Misting?

3) A Seeker?

If any is true, must they be equal in Allomantic strength?

Edited by Morderkaine

How "Allomantically inert" is Aluminum? We've seen that it has blocked Cognitve efforts in the forms of Rioting and Soothing, as well as Physical efforts of Pushing and Pulling. Does it work Spiritually as well?

Or, in more specific terms:

Would an Aluminum room double as a Coppercloud?

Would an Aluminum hat keep you free from Feruchemist Connectors?

Is Mister Suit/Ladrian a Chromium Ferring (Fortune)? Is that how he's so good at Betting at the Stables?

EDIT- Why, by the Survivor's Deadly Name, do TenSoon and Marsh/Survivor and Ironeyes appear to a Mortician? Was it on purpose or on accident? RAFO

Double EDIT- One of the early typo's that was mentioned in the Way of King ARC was the numbering (changing from three to 3) in the chapter-header-death-quotes. Peter said he and the editor saw that too, but then you explained something to them, and they understood why you did it. Why did you do it?

3x EDIT- At the Alloy release, you mentioned that Seons go crazy when their master goes through the Shaod, because the Shaod messes with the master spiritually, and so it messes a TON with the Seons. This seems to imply that there is some sort of bond with the Seons. Is this similar to the Nahel Bonds?

Also, if Kelsier hadn't of taken up Preservation, what would've happened (ignoring Ruin)? Would there suddenly be objects throughout the land like Spren? (Only to be asked when he hasn't been asked a Cosemere question in a while)

Any hints on specific dates for our timeline of the Cosmere? Like two numerical dates you can say happened at the same time? (Example TLR's ascension and the Reod)

What is Nohaden's real name?

4x EDIT- In WoK, Ishik (the fish guy) talks about "how it's only safe to talk about these things in a holy grotto". Does this holy grotto happen to be lined with sparkling, glowing, spheres? Or something else?

So do Returned eat their own Breath for the first week? Is that why Drab's can't return?

Also, why do some Breaths flare right before death? Vasher mentions it.

5x- Where is Jezrien? You told that to Terez on her WoK. Is Jezrien the "Stormfather", or whoever Kaladin talks to? Or is he a character in the books?

6x- If two Drabs have a kid, will their child be a Drab?

If Suseborn used his Breath, would he stay alive due to his massive amounts of Breath? Never mind, I figured out the answer.

If you were to measure how much energy the Reod-Elantrians got from the Dor, would it be equivalent to a Breath a week?

7x In WoA, we have two strange "A voice seemed to come in his head" experiences. One with Sazed when Marsh attacks him. The other is with Elend, when he attacks the koloss. It gives him advice on how to fight with a dagger. Is this Kelsier?

8x Do Iron chemings/ferrings have a gravitational pull to them? If you had a Iron Twinborn, could they become a planet and have things orbiting around them?

You've said that time bubbles are tied by spiritual gravitational bonds. Is this in real time, or at the creation point? And is it of the Allomancer, or of the bubble? I don't think it can be the bubble because it seems like the bubble doesn't have any mass.

9x Demoux, in WoA, says that the "normal world" prophecies that he preaches (yellow sun, green plants, blue sky) just seems to "fit". Is this because of Kelsier wispering to Demoux? After all, that's who Demoux has faith in.

How exactly does faith allow Shards to communicate with humans? How is Nightblood able to talk with people?

10x I was rereading some of Mile's bits, where he's talking about how he was out to change the world, how he had to be more than a common thief, that with Mystery, power, a pinch of magic, he could work wonders for his cause. I was thinking about how that sort of worked for Kelsier in Mistborn. And then I realized- Vin "killed" herself and Ati, right? By immersing their minds together, which were so opposite?

But Vin is still accessible to Sazed- still in the same place that Kelsier and Elend are. So then I was thinking-

What if they weren't alone?

If Vin's mind was able to be at that spot where Sazed could speak with her, then could Ati perhaps be there too?

Since you'll be obscure and say "It's possible that Ati was there", I'll make my question more direct: "Is Ati's mind in the same space that Elend's and Vin's are at the end of Hero of Ages?"

EDIT 11x- What color are Jezrien's eyes? And does he still have the same fashion sense he used to in terms of color? (Note to self- Is it the head of the Kobalt Gaurd?)

Edit 12x- When ruin changes words, is he actually changing the written words, or is he changing what people see? (Note to self- Dragonsteel?)

How long from the end of HoA was Elantris (about)? We have ties to all the other books in terms of HoA, it would be nice to tie Elantris down so we can start comparing histories in the books.

Hoid was there when Adonalsium shattered correct? You told Miyabi that he was, but it would be nice to have it on tape.

Is the beggar in the prologue of Way of Kings Hoid? (Or Jezrien? Terez's singed book said "Where's Jezrien?"

Did Kaladin kill Shallan's brother? (Kaladin kills a Shardbearer Ghostblood when Amaram makes him a slave, and Shallan's family is deeply involved in Ghostbloods. Also, her oldest brother dies at about the same time as Kaladin kills the Shardbearer).

Edit 13x- Honorspren- general name for Nahel Spren, or just Windrunner spren? And what is the name for the Symbolspren/Truthspren/Shallanspren/Symbolheads?

Edit 14x- What happens to Nahel Bonds (what I believe is the bond between Syl and Kaladin, as well as probably Shallan and Truthspren) during the Time of Weeping? You know, the long dull storm that doesn't have any Stormlight?

Edit 15x- (Yes, I'm still putting them here. At this point, I just want one place that I can look for My Questions. I suppose I could title this my own Book of Endless Pages. Or something similar)

5/23/12-

I've got an interesting one. Does the knowledge of Hemalurgy come naturally to Ruin? Or is it something that was learned over time?

I'm just wondering if Ruin knows everything there is to know about Hemalurgy.

• 2 weeks later...