The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

if said Allomancer isn't the Feruchemist who charged the bead as a metalmind then it the feruchemical charge would give no additional effect. It would be like when Vin tried to burn Sazed's metalmind.

I don't think.

If this was true. Rashek would charge the Lerasium's beads to avoid anyone to burn them. But of course we don't know what is storable inside a Lerasium

I don't think.

If this was true. Rashek would charge the Lerasium's beads to avoid anyone to burn them. But of course we don't know what is storable inside a Lerasium

You could still burn a lerasium bead, it just wouldn't impart the feruchemical store like Compounding would.  

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea why many protagonist's mother is dead but father is alive (including fathers who die during the book)?

What I can recall..

Elantris: Raoden and Sarene

Mistborn: Vin

Warbreaker: Siri/Vivenna

Stormlight: Adolin/Renarin, to an extent Shallan

I don't remember if the Vin's mother died or just Reen take the sister and run away

offhand, I am not sure either; I think she is dead, but don't feel like checking. but my point was just that her father was never really a part of her life anyway, so it isn't quite the same as the others.

This isn't a question, but I may have hit upon a way to eliminate much of the ambiguity he hides behind when asked about magic systems.  

"At the level of detail that recognizes the Metallic Arts as 3 separate systems..." How many does [x person] know how to use?  How many exist in [y place]/on [z planet]?  

Yeah, we do. Everything we know about aluminum is on the Coppermind with a citation; here's the actual post confirming it though, emphasis mine:

Aluminum can prevent a Nalthian from Returning, but it's not as simple as stabbing one. Aluminum is apparently magically inert (so, in my words, Investiture can't affect it), and it can also act as a sink for Investiture (in my words, if you try to dump a bunch of Investiture in it, it'll just soak it with no effect). Also, it cannot be Awakened.