Chaos

The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

3,927 posts in this topic

If a Lerasium bead were infused with breaths, lashed/infused with stormlight, and given a feruchemical charge before a non-mistborn burned it simultaneously with duralumin, what additional strengths would this new allomancer obtain beyond a standard mistborn? :-)

A couple of things here, Infusing a Lerasium bead with breaths and/or stormlight would be very difficult. Investiture doesn't usually react well with other investiture. As for the Feruchemical charge, if said Allomancer isn't the Feruchemist who charged the bead as a metalmind then it the feruchemical charge would give no additional effect. It would be like when Vin tried to burn Sazed's metalmind.

As for the Feruchemical charge, if said Allomancer isn't the Feruchemist who charged the bead as a metalmind then it the feruchemical charge would give no additional effect. It would be like when Vin tried to burn Sazed's metalmind

Maybe.

if said Allomancer isn't the Feruchemist who charged the bead as a metalmind then it the feruchemical charge would give no additional effect. It would be like when Vin tried to burn Sazed's metalmind.

I don't think.

If this was true. Rashek would charge the Lerasium's beads to avoid anyone to burn them. But of course we don't know what is storable inside a Lerasium

I don't think.

If this was true. Rashek would charge the Lerasium's beads to avoid anyone to burn them. But of course we don't know what is storable inside a Lerasium

You could still burn a lerasium bead, it just wouldn't impart the feruchemical store like Compounding would.  

is Honor's splinter being literal when he referred to Kaladin and Dalinar as children of Honor/Tanavast?

Two maybe three questions:

-To revive a dead shardblade do you have to revive the spren physically, spiritually and cognitively? Are the 10 heartbeats part of the physical revival?

-Are trel and/or trelagism the missing links to space travel?

If both of Sel's Shards are dead, who was speaking through the Shardpool?  

If both of Sel's Shards are dead, who was speaking through the Shardpool?  

Probably some Devotion's cognitive Shadow

Can an Allomancer sense Investitures other than Allomancy with Bronze?

Any idea why many protagonist's mother is dead but father is alive (including fathers who die during the book)?

What I can recall..

Elantris: Raoden and Sarene

Mistborn: Vin

Warbreaker: Siri/Vivenna

Stormlight: Adolin/Renarin, to an extent Shallan

huh, interesting...though I would consider Vin to be a bit of a different case from the rest of those

huh, interesting...though I would consider Vin to be a bit of a different case from the rest of those

I don't remember if the Vin's mother died or just Reen take the sister and run away

Sarene's mother isn't dead. At the end of chapter 2, her father says he is going to get her.

Assuming it's possible to reforge Nightblood.

If someone was to melt down Nightblood and make two blades out of the metal, what would that do to the personality? Would both blades be Awakened? One? None? Would Nightblood feel it?

I don't remember if the Vin's mother died or just Reen take the sister and run away

offhand, I am not sure either; I think she is dead, but don't feel like checking. but my point was just that her father was never really a part of her life anyway, so it isn't quite the same as the others.

Sarene's mother isn't dead. At the end of chapter 2, her father says he is going to get her.

Yeah, just checked.. dunno why I thought she was dead

Does burning pewter enhance your body's ability to clot blood if you're wounded?

Does burning pewter enhance your body's ability to clot blood if you're wounded?

Increases healing and that is a part of healing so I would assume so. 

This isn't a question, but I may have hit upon a way to eliminate much of the ambiguity he hides behind when asked about magic systems.  

"At the level of detail that recognizes the Metallic Arts as 3 separate systems..." How many does [x person] know how to use?  How many exist in [y place]/on [z planet]?  

How many characters from the upcoming graphic novels have already appeared in a published work?

(As a way to get at as-yet-unidentified world hoppers)

Are Surgebinders more Innately Invested than the average Rosharian?

If yes, are Heralds more Innately Invested than the average Surgebinder?

By Surgebinder I mean a Surgebinder who has spoken all of their Oaths.

Is Nightblood made of Aluminum?

Is Nightblood made of Aluminum?

No, aluminum cannot be Awakened.

Do we have a WoB on that?