The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

What does a Feruchemist store in Malatium and What does a Allomancer get from burning it ?

we've seen what an allomancer gets from burning malatium.  Vin does it in the first Mistborn.  I don't think we've seen hemalurgy or ferruchemy with it, though

Thanks for posting these answers but this is Not the place to put them.  They should go in the relevant event thread in the Events and Signings forum.

I wondered. Thanks for the pointer!

The push applies force directly away from you to the object, while the pull does the opposite. At the horizontal starting point I presume we are working with, there is no vertical component to counteract gravity, so it starts falling. As it falls, the vertical component forces of the push and pull, by my reckoning, should actually cancel assuming equally strong burn, so there is nothing holding the object up, and it just drops. The horizontal component cancels from beginning to end, so honestly nothing should actually happen.

If you only pull though, and angle the object correctly and send it circling around you somehow, I can see it being possible to cause a sustainable orbit for a while. Until air resistance stops it.

Two perfectly controlled pushes slightly upward should be able to maintain a stationary hover until the wind again moves the object out of place. More pushes from more directions should help. Or just one vertical push/pull.

What has me curious about this question is that if you take an object and physically apply sufficient pressure on two opposite sides of it, you can hold it up. Granted, this requires friction, but why shouldn't a similar force be applied to Steelpushes and Ironpulls?

So, I suppose the question is actually about whether they have friction, as it were. And I can see the answer being, 'no,' but it seems interesting enough to be worth asking, in my mind.

I had a question from Reddit.com/r/mistborn answered at the Denver Signing:

Can a Shardblade interrupt Iron or Steel Lines? 

WOB: (after mulling it over a bit, he was very interested in this question) "It would be theoretically possible, because Steel Lines manifest themselves on the spiritual realm. Also, there are *other things* that can cut/interfere with Steel Lines."

I wondered. Thanks for the pointer!

What has me curious about this question is that if you take an object and physically apply sufficient pressure on two opposite sides of it, you can hold it up. Granted, this requires friction, but why shouldn't a similar force be applied to Steelpushes and Ironpulls?

So, I suppose the question is actually about whether they have friction, as it were. And I can see the answer being, 'no,' but it seems interesting enough to be worth asking, in my mind.

well, plus we have examples of two opposing steelpushes holding a coin up in the air.  maybe they both had a vertical element to their force, enough to counteract gravity, but I'm not sure i believe that.

WoB on friction. (somewhat paraphrased)

Thanks! That was actually my brother's question, so it's good to have something to tell him.

I had a question from Reddit.com/r/mistborn answered at the Denver Signing:

Can a Shardblade interrupt Iron or Steel Lines? 

WOB: (after mulling it over a bit, he was very interested in this question) "It would be theoretically possible, because Steel Lines manifest themselves on the spiritual realm. Also, there are *other things* that can cut/interfere with Steel Lines."

YES. Excellent question, and satisfying answer!

My brother had another question:

Could one Hemalurgically steal the power of the Aviar/

the Aviar parasites

(from Sixth of the Dusk)? If so, would the person Hemalurgically granted that power be able to make use of it themselves, or would they only be useful to others?

EDIT: Just read this in the BYU Midnight Release thread:

Q. Can a hemalurgic spike be awakened, and if so would it be able to use its powers?

A: It could be awakened but, things with investiture are much more difficult to affect in any magic system. (not comment on if it could use it's own powers)

So, a new question:

Can awakened metal be used as a Hemalurgic spike?

Edited by Nethseäar

A few questions I have

Q: How does the timeline work for world hoppers? Are they just hanging out for hundreds of years between events or is their a time delay in traveling?

Q: We have seen that spren can hold stormlight, would it heal them?

Q: Just how smart is Jasnah? Like compared to Taravangian's scale.

Q: Is Hoid a Dragon?

Edited by Lookalike

A few questions I have

Q: How does the timeline work for world hoppers? Are they just hanging out for hundreds of years between events or is their a time delay in traveling?

It would probably depend on the worldhopper in question. We do know that Hoid hasn't experienced all the years he's been alive. We mostly figure he uses some sort of cryogenic freezing/time dilation.

Edited by Emerald101

Mine too:
Q: The victim of Hemalurgy must have some Ruin's Investiture? If no must the spike made of Atium or Atium's Alloy ?
Q: What kind of Spike, Marsh had as "regolar Inquisitor" during The Final Empire ?

Q: Have a Splinter have to be sentience (at least a bit) to be called Splinter ?

Since we now know that having investiture multiple sources grants a bonus effect (I'm calling it a perk), if someone has 3 forms of investiture, would they get a perk from each different pair of investitures, or just one for all 3? How many perks does Hoid have?

Are Twinbork "perks" more subtle than things like Shallan's Memories because they're an intersection between a Shard's magic system and an "equilibrium" system (Allomancy and Feruchemy) instead of an intersection between two Shards' own systems? (Surgebinding appears to be a mixture of Honor and Cultivation.)

What kind of perks did the Lord Ruler get from being both Mistborn and Full Feruchemist? (Probably RAFO bait for Bands of Mourning.)