The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

When you put out a fire, do the flamespren die, or just fade away?

Here I have a similar question.

Are the (not Radiant) Sprens temporarily bond with peoples/objects/phenomenas when they "Spawn" in the Physical Realm ?

Why this question:

Remember that anything have a Cognitive Aspect and the lesser spren could be attracted by "affine changes" in Cognitive Aspect of the things and bonding with them. Is the same mechanic of the Nahal bond but without any tradeoff "Powers-Sentiences".

If Sazed died, he would drop a single Shard; Harmony.

EDIT:

My own question. Miles is a Compounder; his two traits directly interact. Wax is... we don't really have a word for it I don't think. He has two distinct metallic traits which do not directly interact, but provide him with complementary abilities that make either power greater than the sum of its parts.

Would Lift be considered a Compounder like Miles, someone like Wax, or a third category all her own? Assume it's in-universe scholars doing the considering, e.g. the Ars Arcanist (Artist Arcana?).

Nice catch, I actually went back through interviews for that one too, but clearly not far enough back! :)

For people that have gone vegetable and then soulstamped into having a functional mind and personality again, what would happen if you try to spike their identity, or whatever it was that's inside Blessings of Stability, out of them?

Would the fake mind lose its identity or other such things? Would the spiking succeed, but the person not immediately impaired because the fake mind isn't a spiritweb and is consequently still intact afterwards? Do vegetables even have a spiritweb to steal from anymore?

Is the God Beyond meant to be a literary incarnation of yourself, (Brandon) or is it some aloof inconceivable 'being' that drives those not like itself kayana due to them being unable to comprehend it's 'physical'/actual state?

Brandon has said that there is no rendition of himself in the Cosmere.

Edited by WayneSpren

When you put out a fire, do the flamespren die, or just fade away?

“We’re spren,” Syl said. “We’re forces. You can’t kill us completely. Just . . . sort of.”

“That’s perfectly clear.”
“It’s perfectly clear to us,” Syl said. “You’re the strange ones. Break a rock, and it’s still there. Break a spren, and she’s still there. Sort of. Break a person, and something leaves. Something changes. What’s left is just meat. You’re weird.”

Excerpt From: Brandon Sanderson. “Words of Radiance.” iBooks. https://itun.es/us/-XxYQ.l

Does that help?

And do the Tears of Edgli grow more often during wartime?

Not really. I knew that quote. Do you think it implies that they do die when the fire is put out?

Why would the Tears grow more during wartime?

As to the first, I believe it means they do not die. I imagine in the scenario you described, the flamespren would simply revert/retreat completely back in to the Cognitive Realm, until another flame attracts them strongly enough.

Unsure if this has been asked already, but - As I understand it, Returned Return as they see something wrong/bad (for want of a better phrase) in the future and take the chance offered by Endowment to change it. 

Therefore, Has Vasher accomplished the reason he Retruned? Does he know why he Returned?

Sixth of the Dusk: What happens when a human eats one of the parasites? Do they die? Does it fail to produce powers (perhaps the parasites can't survive in a human environment, perhaps the double-investiture problem rearing its ugly head again)? If not, what sort of power would it grant (because it bestowing one telepathic application is not a given, IMO)?

Elantris: What is to the west of Arelon, in the circle of a life-size Aon Rao? To the South?

Mistborn: Why did Ruin nudge Vin to be with Elend at the end of Final Empire? Seems like she'd be easier to manipulate if she was alone.

Edited by Landis963

The people who worshipped Trell mapped the stars; they might have been able to build a stonehenge type thing and get a celestial reference point to chop up the year. Or the old standby, just go by weather and growing season.

Could feruchemcial bendalloy store the effects of drugs and poisons?

Not really. I knew that quote. Do you think it implies that they do die when the fire is put out?

Why would the Tears grow more during wartime?

My thought is that they may be physical manifestations of the Shard, like atium. However, unlike atium, they would be replenished with people's actual Breaths as they died. This seems consistent with Endowment's character. So if more and more Breaths are being lost, then more and more Tears would be produced. This would also explain why they are called Tears of Edgli, since some sort of deity could be weeping over the destruction.