The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2019 at 7:55 PM, Karger said:

Does Ham(Mistborn era 1) have an honorific the way Breeze, Vin, and Tindwyl do?

I think the most we have had is General?

EDIT: Seen you post a question in the Mistborn forums about names too so I'm guessing this is the type of honorific you mean. Sorry for being pre-emptive! I can't recall Ham being known as anything in other books.

Edited by Wander89

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ChickenLiberty said:

In Dalinar's Starfalls vision, the female Radiant has amber glowing Shardplate, like a Stoneward, but uses Regrowth, with which I would expect a green or white glowing Plate. Which order is she from?

She uses a fabrial for the Regrowth, she doesn't use that surge herself.

If Kaladin, due to his medical training, had access to the surge of Progression would he be able to use it more effectively to heal someone than Lift or Renarin can? That is, could he heal worse wounds than they can with less stormlight, or even heal things they can't?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 0:25 PM, SpikeMe said:

I was thinking you could perhaps create a being like "The Doctor" from Star Trek Voyager? Basically a sentient hologram.

Lightweavings already can do some fairly odd stuff thanks to its mumbo jumbo spiritual component.  Investiture also tends to interfere with other investiture.  If you want a sapient hologram just attach a lightweaving to your spren like Shallan does to Pattern.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, swlotrgirl said:

Is Trell a Shard of Adolnasium or a different kind of being or force entirely?

Trell is a shard or part of a shard.

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 15, 2018)
#2 Oct. 15, 2018 Share Copy

mikkomikk

Is Trell (Era 2) and/or Austre related to a Shard? Like are they one, or working for one, or an avatar of one?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, Trell is related to a Shard.

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

36 minutes ago, swlotrgirl said:

@Ookla the Prolific, thanks.

I had another thought about Trell that's probably way off base.

Could Trell be the result of a split personality of Sazed/Harmony? Since he is holding two Shards that are so different from each other?

(Probably a dumb question.)

I believe that we've seen someone claiming to be Trell on Taldain too. I have a feeling that he's an avatar of Autonomy.

On 12/5/2019 at 0:48 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

Isn’t there a WOB that Trell’s the cognitive aspect of Vax?

Not that I have ever heard of and it would be a pretty big deal if so.

You have mentioned before that it takes "effort" to convert different types of investiture into one another.  How does one apply such effort?  Also is the effort different for different types.  IE is Ruin to Cultivation easier then Honor to Odium or Ruin to Preservation?

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

2 hours ago, ScarletSabre said:

A couple of questions from my new theory...

Can sand used in Sand Mastery be made into glass?

If it can, does it keep any powers, or gain any new ones?

The sand, probably. But that would kill the lichen on it, with no way for it to grow back, so probably not. If the lichen can grow on glass, it'll just be itself, storing investiture the same way, so the glass wouldn't affect the mastery.