The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

I have one. Was one of the purposes of the sixteen shard vessels’ agreement to not settle on any planet together to prevent one vessel from combining 2 shards as we saw Sazed do with Ruin and Preservation in the end of Mistborn Era 1? 

4 hours ago, TruthlessGancho said:

I have one. Was one of the purposes of the sixteen shard vessels’ agreement to not settle on any planet together to prevent one vessel from combining 2 shards as we saw Sazed do with Ruin and Preservation in the end of Mistborn Era 1? 

Just an opinion but this contains Dragonsteal info in the answer.  You might be close to the RAFO line.

15 hours ago, Karger said:

Just an opinion but this contains Dragonsteal info in the answer.  You might be close to the RAFO line.

Completely agree it could be a RAFO. After the arrival of Trell in Mistborn era 2 who it seems is very probable to be a avatar of Autonomy it made me think of this question. Autonomy by the shard’s intent wouldn’t seem the type to invade another shard’s territory unless she has a very good reason. Could see that reason being because Sazed, unknowingly did what the original shard’s truly feared by combining Ruin and Preservation. 

54 minutes ago, TruthlessGancho said:

After the arrival of Trell in Mistborn era 2 who it seems is very probable to be a avatar of Autonomy it made me think of this question. Autonomy by the shard’s intent wouldn’t seem the type to invade another shard’s territory unless she has a very good reason. Could see that reason being because Sazed, unknowingly did what the original shard’s truly feared by combining Ruin and Preservation. 

Similar problem.  Brandon generally does not talk much about unpublished works and he has so far refused to answer questions about Trell.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Roshar still fulfilling its purpose?  You have mentoined several times that Adonalsium built the Rosharan system with a specific purpose in mind.  What with all of the numerous things that have happened due to the shards influence is this purpose still being fulfilled?

2 hours ago, Dunkum said:

is it really a double post if its a week apart?  i dunno, that seems reasonable to me, especially in this thread

The two posts also have nothing to do with each other thematically

7 hours ago, Dunkum said:

is it really a double post if its a week apart?  i dunno, that seems reasonable to me, especially in this thread

Sometimes double posting is inevitable and can be pretty obvious when it's used for upping the post numbers. In @Karger's case it's obviously just to further the conversation.

1 hour ago, continuumg said:

Is there a notable connection between the significance of the number 10 on Roshar and the fact that there are 10 known heightenings on Nalthis?

I seriously doubt it.  10 is a Rosharan thing and it is also possible that more then 10 hightenings exist.

There’s a running theory that there are actually more than ten heightenings, and that the only reason that there are ten listed is because nobody has managed to amass that many Breaths. It could possibly go to 16, or another number if you’re a fan of the “every shard/system has a number” theory. 

19 hours ago, TruthlessGancho said:

I’m just hoping if Adolin does become a Edgedancer we get to see Lift training him in the Surges. Lift teaching Adolin would be hilarious. 

How is that relevant(I agree with you about the hilarity)?

• 2 weeks later...

In OB, Odium says that he has been preparing Sadeas' troops for a long time, and certainly the murder of Sadeas played a huge factor in their state of mind by the time of the Thaylen City Battle. Moreover, that particular murder is the only time we've seen Adolin break his cool - in many ways it was an Act of Passion.

Was Adolin influenced by Odium when he murdered Sadeas?

If so, did Shallan choosing Adolin over Kaladin - given her resonance - actually have a positive effect on Adolin, where she saved him from a potential turn to the dark side in the future? (Evidence: Adolin comes out and confesses said murder to her and Dalinar after Shallan makes an active choice in choosing him)

7 hours ago, TheFoxQR said:

In OB, Odium says that he has been preparing Sadeas' troops for a long time, and certainly the murder of Sadeas played a huge factor in their state of mind by the time of the Thaylen City Battle. Moreover, that particular murder is the only time we've seen Adolin break his cool - in many ways it was an Act of Passion.

Was Adolin influenced by Odium when he murdered Sadeas?

If so, did Shallan choosing Adolin over Kaladin - given her resonance - actually have a positive effect on Adolin, where she saved him from a potential turn to the dark side in the future? (Evidence: Adolin comes out and confesses said murder to her and Dalinar after Shallan makes an active choice in choosing him)

I feel like Adolin murdering Sadeas was out of place and perhaps even a little out of character so this could be a possible reason for doing so.

Are Shallan's illusions kind of like lifeless?  As in is she counterfeiting souls via investiture?   If so is that why the girl's hair turned white in The Girl Who Looked Up?

Also can a Lightweaver catch the worst parts of people the same way Shallan always sees the best parts(ie Gaz)?

Edited by Karger