The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

2 hours ago, Feruchemist said:

How and why can horneaters digest shells?

Can't speak to the others, but I am pretty sure normal Humans can digest shells, we mostly just find them unpleasant to eat.  heck, some types of shells are basically calcium carbonate, which is what they make antacids out of.

10 hours ago, Dunkum said:

Can't speak to the others, but I am pretty sure normal Humans can digest shells, we mostly just find them unpleasant to eat.  heck, some types of shells are basically calcium carbonate, which is what they make antacids out of.

True, but one must wonder why they eat shells.  Are they the only available food source?  Are their teeth stronger than those of most humans?

41 minutes ago, Feruchemist said:

True, but one must wonder why they eat shells.  Are they the only available food source?  Are their teeth stronger than those of most humans?

they might be a better source of calcium than other available foods.  We get it from greens and milk, but neither of those is exactly easy to come by on Roshar.

21 hours ago, Feruchemist said:

How and why do herdazians have "crystalline" black fingernails?

How and why can horneaters digest shells?

If an investiture-powered eternal motion machine was constructed, what could one do with it?

Can investiture move faster than the speed of light?

Because they have some singer blood, so the fingernails are like carapace. Horneaters also have singer blood, and have extra mouth parts (teeth? teeth ridges?) to help them chew and eat shells. They might have some extra enzymes to help them digest too.

4 hours ago, RShara said:

Because they have some singer blood, so the fingernails are like carapace. Horneaters also have singer blood, and have extra mouth parts (teeth? teeth ridges?) to help them chew and eat shells. They might have some extra enzymes to help them digest too.

Is that information about herdazians in OB?  If so, my failure to have read it by now would explain my ignorance.

What is exacltly/precisely is the relationship between Shards and magic systems. (If Rafo'd, follow up is: Does the relationship also have something to do with Shardic interplay?)

Are Honor and Cultivation the only Shards related to Surgebinding? 

Why does Honor (as an individual and his Investiture) seem to be more involved in Surgebinding than Cultivation? Havee we just not seen/realized Cultivations affect on Surgebinding in full? Is there a magic system just related to Honor?