The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

Oathbringer question:

Spoiler

Seeing as sword-nimi obliterates things in all three realms, are the fused struck by him killed permanently, or can they be reborn again?  If they are permanently killed, are they able to 'smoke out' of their host bodies before impact to escape?  If they are able to smoke out, would sword nimi be able to cut  the vaporous/intangible spren form of them and kill them anyway?

If he could do that, on his home planet, if you swung him between two people transferring Breath between them, would he be able to cut the Breath mid transfer?

37 minutes ago, Stark said:

Oathbringer question:

Hide contents

Seeing as sword-nimi obliterates things in all three realms, are the fused struck by him killed permanently, or can they be reborn again?  If they are permanently killed, are they able to 'smoke out' of their host bodies before impact to escape?  If they are able to smoke out, would sword nimi be able to cut  the vaporous/intangible spren form of them and kill them anyway?

If he could do that, on his home planet, if you swung him between two people transferring Breath between them, would he be able to cut the Breath mid transfer?

I suspect that they are indeed killed permanently. I would suspect not as the Cognitive shadows are likely trapped in the body they inhabit's Gemheart while the inhabitant is alive. Nighblood can destroy Spren so I would guess that he could indeed kill them in their gaseous form if they could 'smoke out'. Yes, Nightblood could consume the Breath mid-transfer.

Post Catacendre, what was Ham's title, if any.  It seems like each surviving team member got a posthumous title in the world that came after.  Did Ham get a title, or did he choose to live the rest of his life out of the spotlight with his family?

Vin - Ascendant Warrior

Elend - The Final Emperor

Kelsier - The Survivor

Spook - The Lord Mistborn

Sazed - Harmony

Tensoon - Guardian of the Ascendant Warrior

Breeze - The Counselor of the Gods

Marsh - Ironeyes

Ham - ????

Dox and Clubs also do not seem to have titles, though I would assume that is more due to them not surviving to see the Catacendre and therefore not becoming big players in the world after ash.  But Ham survived.  So what was his title?  Or did he not have one, and if not, why?

On 11/10/2017 at 7:07 AM, Stark said:

Spiking.

Can I stacks pikes?  For example, if I spike Allomantic Pewter out of a Thug, I get a quantity of Allomantic Pewter power equivalent to that thugs power that can be spiked into someone.  Provided I spike it into the person soon after creation, so that it does not decay.  This spike is now a pewter enhancement.

But what if I have five thugs and one spike.  Can I spike the pewter out of Thugs A through E on the same spike, to have one spike that grants the approximate Pewter power of A+B+C+D+E as an enhancement?  Or does that not work, because the spike takes a piece of the soul, not the power, and souls don't stack like power could?

there would definitely be an effect, but it might be a different effect than you think.

Here are questions that recent WoB from the Arcanum and 17th Shards forums have generated in my head:

What Shard is Patji the Holder of?

What Shardworld is Patji on (considering previous WoB say that First of the Sun is currently Shardless)?

Is Obrodai the same planet as First of the Sun, or is it a new place?

How many Shards are on Obrodai?

17 hours ago, Robert D said:

Here are questions that recent WoB from the Arcanum and 17th Shards forums have generated in my head:

What Shard is Patji the Holder of?

What Shardworld is Patji on (considering previous WoB say that First of the Sun is currently Shardless)?

Is Obrodai the same planet as First of the Sun, or is it a new place?

How many Shards are on Obrodai?

Patji - on the First of the Sun - is an avatar of Autonomy.

Although we don't have that WoBs processed yet, so take it with a grain of copper.

Spoiler

Did we see the affects of someone using Taln's Honorblade anywhere in Oathbringer?

How Connected are the Shards to one another? In terms of how exact they can sense each others presence. 

Is the reason that everything is Connected and one in the Spiritual Realm because Adonalsium created the SR? As Adonalsium permeates all things, does that mean all things are Connected to Adonalsium, or at least the concept? 

When Wit and Dalinar are having a conversation in WoR wes ee Hoid more serious than we've ever seen him before. The text makes it clear that this isn't how Hoid/Wit normally acts. We know that the reason why Wit asked Dalinar about Adonalsium is because Wit thinks that Dalinar belongs to one of the secret societies on Roshar. Is that why Wit appears so serious, the fact that Dalinar knows stuff he shoudn't? Or is there another reason causing Wit's uncharacteristic behavior.  

Edited by Kered

On 12/18/2017 at 3:26 PM, Stark said:

Post Catacendre, what was Ham's title, if any.  It seems like each surviving team member got a posthumous title in the world that came after.  Did Ham get a title, or did he choose to live the rest of his life out of the spotlight with his family?

Vin - Ascendant Warrior

Elend - The Final Emperor

Kelsier - The Survivor

Spook - The Lord Mistborn

Sazed - Harmony

Tensoon - Guardian of the Ascendant Warrior

Breeze - The Counselor of the Gods

Marsh - Ironeyes

Ham - ????

Dox and Clubs also do not seem to have titles, though I would assume that is more due to them not surviving to see the Catacendre and therefore not becoming big players in the world after ash.  But Ham survived.  So what was his title?  Or did he not have one, and if not, why?

Not sure on Ham but here are a few more:

Beldre: Lady Truth
Yomen: The Last Obligator
Tyndwyl: Mother of Terris (Not technically an originator but still...)

Edited by The Sovereign

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Ookla the Altruist said:

Oathbringer Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

PS: What is the spoiler policy on this thread? Are all spoilers allowed? Or do we need to add spoiler warnings for questions related to Oathbringer?
Edit: Thanks.

Since the topic is not tagged [OB], any Oathbringer spoilers must be hidden.

On 12/14/2017 at 0:00 PM, Stark said:

Oathbringer question:

Hide contents

This was sort of addressed, but Nightblood doesn't kill spren the same way he kills people. He just destroys people in all three realms. But spren are sentient investiture, so he drains them in the same way it drains people. Thusly, you can permanently destroy a fused with Nightblood, but you may have to stick it in them for a while. This is also part of the reason Nightblood is so heavily invested, as it keeps most of the investiture it drains. He also is slowly reducing the total investiture in the cosmere. You might know that. 

3 hours ago, LewsTherinTalamon said:

He also is slowly reducing the total investiture in the cosmere.

Total Usable Investiture.

uchoo786

So just for clarification, once Nightblood consumes investiture, that investiture gets recycled? That's what I've always assumed. That it enters the cognitive/spiritual realm?

Brandon Sanderson

The investiture he consumes is not gone forever--it's not leaving the system, so to speak.

One of the things i want to know. Calamity came from another world, right? So could he be related to the cosmere? Also, i want a bit more on the Threnody world. SFSITFOH is very vague on the shard nearby. And why is there 10 types of radiants, but 16 metals? Maybe some radiants we haven't discovered, or there is ten jut because.

@ProfCalamity and reckoners take place on earth.

https://wob.coppermind.net/adv_search/?query=Earth+cosmere

No version/alternate reality/parallel universe where earth exists is in any way connected to the cosmere.

If you want more of Threnody, I would highly recommend Arcanum Unbounded, where we get new information on Threnody and its Shardic influences.

There are ten types of radiants because reasons.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5989

Edited by John203

13 hours ago, Prof said:

@John203 i know, but Calamity came from another world/universe, so maybe. You never know with brandon. and i have read Arcanum Unbounded, i just want another book.

Brandon is definitely fond of misdirection in his answers and if you give him wiggle room with your questions he will take it, but I can't think of a time where he has directly answered a question and lied. As he has directly stated it (several times), you can take it at face value that the Reckonersverse is in no way part of the Cosmere. As for wanting another book, I feel your pain.

Edited by The Sovereign

Taking into account all we know of the Heralds, their Honorblades, and the current state of the Oathpact, after Taln returned from Damnation is it possible for someone to bond his Honorblade without is knowledge and or permission? 

At one point in the past you said Kaladin was going to get another flashbook. That has since changed. What were going to be the flashback's you were going to use if you did write another Kaladin flashback book? 

Edited by Kered