The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

2 hours ago, Rawrbert said:

Can the Nightwatcher grant a boon that comes from another Shard's magic system? For example, could she make someone into a Zinc Ferring?

..... Like Taravangean?

She could probably try to imitiate the results (case of Mr.T shows that if somebody asked to be a Sparker there are things that could be done). But I'm pretty sure that without access to another Shard's Investiture she can't do it.

Heck, even without these fanciful boons she can't grant anything.

Here's my ultimate question to Brandon and every Cosmere / WoT fan.

Will or has Egwene al' Vere be / been reborn into the Cosmere world at any point?

' Cuz that would be pretty epic. I hadn't thought about the Cosmere for like 2 months and all out of the sudden I had a dream tonight about her playing a part in the Cosmere. Something about a flash of light and a woman called Athena. Disregard that, just answer the question. Would it be epic?

On 11/19/2016 at 5:35 AM, Rob Lucci said:

Here's my ultimate question to Brandon and every Cosmere / WoT fan.

Will or has Egwene al' Vere be / been reborn into the Cosmere world at any point?

' Cuz that would be pretty epic. I hadn't thought about the Cosmere for like 2 months and all out of the sudden I had a dream tonight about her playing a part in the Cosmere. Something about a flash of light and a woman called Athena. Disregard that, just answer the question. Would it be epic?

Spoiler

As someone who was cheering at her death I would not want her to reappear. Perhaps one of the heroes of the Horn.

Edited by WeiryWriter
Added spoiler tag

We know that it is possible for steel and iron savants to push/pull on parts of a metal object that aren't the center of mass. The origin of the push is normally the Allomancer's center of mass. Would it be possible for a savant to also change the origin of the push to a different part of the body? This could make for an interesting Allomancer martial arts style using metal weapons.

On 11/19/2016 at 4:20 PM, kenod said:

We know that it is possible for steel and iron savants to push/pull on parts of a metal object that aren't the center of mass. The origin of the push is normally the Allomancer's center of mass. Would it be possible for a savant to also change the origin of the push to a different part of the body? This could make for an interesting Allomancer martial arts style using metal weapons.

I like the idea, but another Allomancer could push on your things too.
My idea for a solution might be.. out there compared to what you were imagining, but you inspired my question:

Can you push on metal inside your own body or does the Spiritual Interference stop that too? Coppermind doesn't really say either way

6 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

I like the idea, but another Allomancer could push on your things too.
My idea for a solution might be.. out there compared to what you were imagining, but you inspired my question:

Can you push on metal inside your own body or does the Spiritual Interference stop that too? Coppermind doesn't really say either way

I don't know, I get the idea that it would be the same as trying to get your sailboat to go forward by blowing in the sail using a leaf-blower, the forces would cancel each other out and you would just be wasting metal.

2 hours ago, kenod said:

I don't know, I get the idea that it would be the same as trying to get your sailboat to go forward by blowing in the sail using a leaf-blower, the forces would cancel each other out and you would just be wasting metal.

Except the Mythbusters proved that actually works (because it's not a closed system, mostly).

Does the person doing the spiking have to provide the intent? Excluding Ruin from equation.

So let's say I gave my psychopatic friend a steel spike and told him to stab that Allomancer guy I don't like through the heart and as he's murdering him I think really hard about stealing his Allomancy. Do I end up with a spike or not?

Or:

On 25.11.2016 at 2:33 AM, Dunkum said:

what about the person being spiked?  like if someone is stabbing me, could it become a spike if I had that intention?

Edited by Ookla the Sunrise Watcher
edited the reason for edit :D

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

Does the person doing the spiking have to provide the intent? Excluding Ruin from equation.

So let's say I gave my psychopatic friend a steel spike and told him to stab that Allomancer guy I don't like through the heart and as he's murdering him I think really hard about stealing his Allomancy. Do I end up with a spike or not?

The way I understood it was that you had to intend to make a spike. Meaning that your psycho friend would have to intend to, rather than you intending and providing the spike.
It's still a pretty good point to clarify for sure though.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I suspect only a Shard (and possibly only Ruin, or now Harmony) could provide a "third-party Intent" like that, since they'd be directly connected to the magical system involved.  If there was some type of Connection (big C) between you and the friend, or victim, or spike, or all of the above, and that allowed it, that would be really interesting information to have.

@Dunkum, upvote, also I quoted you and added to my previous question (it helps me when I'm looking for my posts with questions for Brandon :))
Another question:

If we gave medallion to somebody who's not Metalborn and then tried to spike him for the power that medallion gives, would that work?

Another question, important one: Why didn't Sazed reverse Southeners' adaptation to the hotter world during Catacendre?

Should he have? He's been handholding the north too much as is, plus their adaptations were natural and not due to shardic meddling. Sure, it kind of sucks to be them, but look at where that desperation for progress brought them afterwards? With some meddling from a certain guy, but nothing on the scale of population-wide genetic engineering.

On 25.11.2016 at 4:57 AM, natc said:

With some meddling from a certain guy, but nothing on the scale of population-wide genetic engineering.

Without that meddling of a guy that Harmony certainly did not want meddling they would all freeze to death. Period. When he arrived they were on the brink of death having burned pretty much everything they found burnable. And if that certain guy stayed the way Harmony wanted...

There are whole topics dedicated to the relationship between Scadrians and Harmony but nobody is saying that he should have made Southern lands fertile like he did with the Basin or dropped on them all the knowledge they could want or heal them from every possible disease like he did with Northeners et cetera et cetera. If he did not want to interfere with them, fine, leave them be. Just make sure the changes he did to the world are not killing a whole hemisphere full of people. Just reverse the adaptiation to the hot world and nothing else.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Sunrise Watcher said:

Weird question time!

If a Radiant spiked a larkin could such Radiant increase the ability to suck out Stormlight? For example from gems powering the Shardplate which is normally impossible or from other Surgebinders?

Follow up: if so, what effect would it have on Lift? Would she gain the ability to Invest via breathing (likely) or would she just get better at metabolizing blood sugar?

1 minute ago, Djarskublar said:

Follow up: if so, what effect would it have on Lift? Would she gain the ability to Invest via breathing (likely) or would she just get better at metabolizing blood sugar?

Lift can inhale Stotmlight just fine, she just hasn't learned that she can.

Unless something to the contrary was revealed in Edgedancer :)

On 11/25/2016 at 1:03 PM, Ookla the Sunrise Watcher said:

Without that meddling of a guy that Harmony certainly did not want meddling they would all freeze to death. Period. When he arrived they were on the brink of death having burned pretty much everything they found burnable. And if that certain guy stayed the way Harmony wanted...

There are whole topics dedicated to the relationship between Scadrians and Harmony but nobody is saying that he should have made Southern lands fertile like he did with the Basin or dropped on them all the knowledge they could want or heal them from every possible disease like he did with Northeners et cetera et cetera. If he did not want to interfere with them, fine, leave them be. Just make sure the changes he did to the world are not killing a whole hemisphere full of people. Just reverse the adaptiation to the hot world and nothing else.

Well, they were untouched the first time and somehow didn't burn to death or die from breathing ash or anything. Harmony could've figured they'd be fine as a population for all we know. Sure, civilization would likely crumble and most of them dead. But hey, nothing new for them after the first orbital shift.