The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

This post includes letters (or at least phonetics) as well as numbers. Not all of them, but some is better than none.

Don't get to attached do these phonetics just yet. This is by Peter from the same thread, talking about that exact post.

Note that the letter values there were not canon and have changed since then.
Edited by Windrunner

Was just reading through the list of questions, and one that I once asked but is not on there - I had asked him if humans and horses were native to Roshar, since everything else seems to be all crustacean-like. He said, "whoa, good question" and then told me RAFO.

Does anyone have backups of Adonalsium.net or know the site admin or something? I had a couple other good questions I had asked and then posted the answers to there, but the site evidently imploded or something. :(

Was just reading through the list of questions, and one that I once asked but is not on there - I had asked him if humans and horses were native to Roshar, since everything else seems to be all crustacean-like. He said, "whoa, good question" and then told me RAFO.

Does anyone have backups of Adonalsium.net or know the site admin or something? I had a couple other good questions I had asked and then posted the answers to there, but the site evidently imploded or something. :(

Doesn't surprise me at all. Since the humans have a tradition of having been kicked out of heaven, it sounds like a really good question. On the other hand, we have Shin as a contrast. Life as a whole seems much more "Earth-like" there. We've got some really interesting twists coming up, no question.

That's an awesome question. Thanks for reporting it!

Did you remember your questions that you posted on Ado? They could, perhaps, have been revealed elsewhere.

Adonalsium died this summer. The old administrator had a death in the family, and so they got a new admin, who tried a revitalization effort (from what I understand, it was getting quite inactive). However, that fell through when something happened to the new admin. No one stepped up to the plate there, so I think that's why it ended.

That's an awesome question. Thanks for reporting it!

Did you remember your questions that you posted on Ado? They could, perhaps, have been revealed elsewhere.

Adonalsium died this summer. The old administrator had a death in the family, and so they got a new admin, who tried a revitalization effort (from what I understand, it was getting quite inactive). However, that fell through when something happened to the new admin. No one stepped up to the plate there, so I think that's why it ended.

Oh I used to post there!

That's sad and I didn't know. It was just gone one day.

When you push or pull on an Allomantic metal you do so with your weight, can we get a little more clarification on how exactly that works?

I don't understand the problem here. Could you clarify?

Due to new information from a recent interview, I would like to get this question put in. It might need revised for a specific answer. Almost guaranteed RAFO right there. Mostly due to if there are three shards on Roshar and Odium isn't here yet, who is? This is totally based on theories, BTW.

What are the Shard's names/intents on Roshar?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for one of identical twins to be an Allomancer while the other is not? I mean a difference in potential, not in Snapping, which is obviously possible. Or is it possible for them to be a different Mistings or one Misting and the other a Mistborn? Same question with Feruchemy. Can Feruchemists who are twins use each oter's metalminds (I guess not).

In general — do identical twins have identical Spiritwebs; identical innate part of Spiritweb (sDNA?) or may they have them totally different?

Even the first question may be a RAFO — I've noticed there are no twins in all published books (no magis users, and I'm not sure if there are any at all), so it's possible that there is something interesting here.

Unless Push and Pull (those guys from AoL, that Set gave to Miles) were twins, but I think they just seemed similar because they had the same clothes and jobs, can't find a good quote.

Edited by Eri

Way of Kings: Are Renarin and Adolin Dalinar's legitimate children?

Did the Weeping happen before the Last Desolation?

Will we have more viewpoints from before the Last Desolation?

Is the wording on the back cover significant where it says "One of them may redeem us, one of them will destroy us"?

Mistborn: Was Kwaan ever made into a sentient kandra?

Are there any kandra rogues, meaning any who aren't servants to Harmony?

Can you burn a kandra blessing?

If a kandra uses a feruchemist's bones, and is somehow granted feruchemy, could they use their metalminds?

kandra blessings are just like burning any hemalurgical spike one would assume (possible but not smart!) and a kandra who uses an allomancers bones cant use allomancy so they shouldnt be able to use feruchemy that way either.

Edited by Wispsy

Another Mistborn question, not adressed in the RPG (or I am bad at searchnig...): How does impure metal work with Feruchemy and Hemalurgy? Is it impossible to use, or like with Allomancy – weaker? I'd love to see an answer in game mechanics terms also. It is something that many players will possibly try, so it may be useful to have an official answer.

I think he should answer what happens (I haven't seen any answer – neither in the books nor in annotations) and then they should translate it to game terms. And put in some next book, because people will try it. Crafty Games won't (I hope) publish any facts not approved by Sanderson. And if they do, I'm going to treat them no better than some house-rules. It's his world, after all.

So today I was thinking about the different magic systems and how they interact with each other. I read in the Mistborn RPG thread that a Feruchemist who is storing all his identity in his aluminummind can create other metalminds that any other Feurchemist working at 0% identity can use. On Nalthis, only those who invest an object with Breath can retrieve it. So my question is:

If a Trueself Ferring (aluminum) was storing all their identity at once, and then invested an object with Breath, would another Trueself Ferring, storing all their identity, be able to retrieve the Breath from that invested object?

Edited by Windrunner

One question I have (Not sure if been discussed or asked yet, Ive searched and cant find anyone asking) is what world is Hoid talking about in Warbreaker when Siri asks about where he learned his method of storytelling his reply : "...From a Man who didn't know who he was, your majesty. It was a distant place where two lands meet and gods have died. but that is unimportant." - Pg 350 Warbreaker.

Just wondering, I found it a particularly revealing side of Hoid compared to Elantris and Mistborn where he doesn't speak much about himself at all.

One question I have (Not sure if been discussed or asked yet, Ive searched and cant find anyone asking) is what world is Hoid talking about in Warbreaker when Siri asks about where he learned his method of storytelling his reply : "...From a Man who didn't know who he was, your majesty. It was a distant place where two lands meet and gods have died. but that is unimportant." - Pg 350 Warbreaker.

Just wondering, I found it a particularly revealing side of Hoid compared to Elantris and Mistborn where he doesn't speak much about himself at all.

Welcome to the forum!

Hoid is most likely referring to the planet Yolen when he speaks of the "distant place." Yolen is, afawk, Hoid's birthplace and definitely the planet where the seven book series Dragonsteel, along with Liar of Partinel and its sequel (which chronicle Hoid's early life, afawk...), will take place.

A Stormlight Archive question: How many (approximately) languages there are on Roshar and where are they used?

People in Jah Keved seem to speak Alethi (Shallan's PoV doesn't mention any languages foreign to her) but from Szeth's conclusion of creating Shardblades resulting in “people everywhere speaking Alethi to their children” (quote from memory; it's in prologue) I assume they're quite many non-Alethi speaking people. But so far rhe only explicitly mentioned other language is Shin. The quote is a bit strange if it refers only to Shinovar, however.

Edit:

Also, after AoL, this one (from first post)

Is gunpowder going to ever be featured again in the cosmere?

is kinda solved unless again ”refers to “not only on Scadrial” ;-)

Another edit:

Those are answered too:

Is Skai's Shard name Unity? - Status: RAFO

He said it's Dominion (source?)
How many Shardworlds are there? Only seven? (Sel, Nalthis, Scadrial, Roshar, Yolen, Taldain, and whatever planet The Silence Divine is on?) - Status: He said he does not wish to pin a specific number right now.
Which characters (other than Kaladin, Dalinar, Shallan, Szeth, and Jasnah) will have a book focused on them?

I think it is answered (I remember Navani being mentioned), but don't remember, where. Any help?
Is Jezrien a Sliver?
No. :-(

Reddit Q&A some time ago. (smiley is mine, not part of the original answer)

How many Heralds and ex-Heralds have we seen in the Way of Kings personally (not as pictures)?
No precise answer, but “more that it seems” or something similar. Again, don't remember the source. Edited by Eri

A Stormlight Archive question: How many (approximately) languages there are on Roshar and where are they used?

People in Jah Keved seem to speak Alethi (Shallan's PoV doesn't mention any languages foreign to her) but from Szeth's conclusion of creating Shardblades resulting in “people everywhere speaking Alethi to their children” (quote from memory; it's in prologue) I assume they're quite many non-Alethi speaking people. But so far rhe only explicitly mentioned other language is Shin. The quote is a bit strange if it refers only to Shinovar, however.

Actually, Shallan's POV mentions quite a few other languages. Look at some of her first chapters again.

“Many thanks, Captain,” she said. “Shaylor mkabat nour.” The winds have brought us safely. A phrase of thanks in the Thaylen language.

The captain smiled broadly. “Mkai bade fortenthis!”

She had no idea what that meant. Her Thaylen was quite good when she was reading, but hearing it spoken was something else entirely. She smiled at him, which seemed the proper response, for he laughed, gesturing to one of his sailors.

We also see that Jah Keved has its own language as Shallan enters the Conclave.

She raised her freehand in a sign of need, and sure enough, a master-servant in a crisp white shirt and black trousers hurried over to her. “Brightness?” he asked, speaking her native Veden, likely because of the color of her hair.

Welcome to the forum!

Hoid is most likely referring to the planet Yolen when he speaks of the "distant place." Yolen is, afawk, Hoid's birthplace and definitely the planet where the seven book series Dragonsteel, along with Liar of Partinel and its sequel (which chronicle Hoid's early life, afawk...), will take place.

Ty for the info, cant wait for those books!