Cultivation is the Nightwatcher!!

TheSilverDragon

I was rereading words of radiance and while in the Lift section came across these two quotes:

" 'What did you ask for, when you visited my mother?' ” -- Wyndle (Lift's Spreen)

" 'Mother has given up on your kind. I can feel it. She doesn’t care any longer. Now that He’s gone . . .' ”
-- Wyndle

Wyndle's mother has got to be the Nightwatcher, because he asks "What did you ask for" implying Lift asked for a boon. Then "He" that is gone has got to be Honor, and the Cultivation has a thing for Honor, so him being gone would make cultivation depressed. There fore, Nightwatcher and Cultivation are the same!

What do you guys think?

This is mentioned in the coppermind, let me find the exact quote....

"With the lack of information on Cultivation, speculation runs rampant of what her influence may be. With Honor dead and Splintered, as well as Odium's influence in the Voidbringers, it is possible Cultivation or one of her servants is the Nightwatcher, and that she is responsible for the Old Magic. As the Nightwatcher is referred to as both male[6] and female,[7] its gender cannot be used to prove a connection to Cultivation.

Further support for this connection is found in Interlude 9 of Words of Radiance Lift. Windle specifically refers to her going to the old magic and receiving his mother's blessing. In chapter 3 of Words of Radiance, the dichotomy of spren is discussed. Honor is connected to spren of emotion. Cultivation is connected to spren that represent forces. The conclusion can be made that the Night Mother is the Cognitive Realm manifestation of Cultivation."

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Cultivation

Does that help? .3.;

This is mentioned in the coppermind, let me find the exact quote....

"With the lack of information on Cultivation, speculation runs rampant of what her influence may be. With Honor dead and Splintered, as well as Odium's influence in the Voidbringers, it is possible Cultivation or one of her servants is the Nightwatcher, and that she is responsible for the Old Magic. As the Nightwatcher is referred to as both male[6] and female,[7] its gender cannot be used to prove a connection to Cultivation.

Further support for this connection is found in Interlude 9 of Words of Radiance Lift. Windle specifically refers to her going to the old magic and receiving his mother's blessing. In chapter 3 of Words of Radiance, the dichotomy of spren is discussed. Honor is connected to spren of emotion. Cultivation is connected to spren that represent forces. The conclusion can be made that the Night Mother is the Cognitive Realm manifestation of Cultivation."

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Cultivation

Does that help? .3.;

Dang it!  :P  I thought I figured something new out. :D

• Chaos locked this topic