If stormlight archive was the wheel of time

If SA was WoT I would get incredibly annoyed with all of the characters at one point or another, especially the females who are all the same, insufferably bored with the dragging storyline towards the middle, and storming tired of hearing about the dang wind.

That said it was a good series. 

Edited by Fatebreaker

Then the keys to the dark one's prison would actually be weapons and useful and would give ordinary people powers.

The wind is actually a highstorm.

The breaking and the tainting of Saiden were all caused by the male Ai'sedai breaking their oaths.

Padan Fain wouldn't have had a dissapointing demise.

Perrin wouldn't be a wolf brother, he'd be either a axehound bro or a whitespine bro.

The continent of madness would actually appear in the books.

Then the keys to the dark one's prison would actually be weapons and useful and would give ordinary people powers.

The wind is actually a highstorm.

The breaking and the tainting of Saiden were all caused by the male Ai'sedai breaking their oaths.

Padan Fain wouldn't have had a dissapointing demise.

Perrin wouldn't be a wolf brother, he'd be either a axehound bro or a whitespine bro.

The continent of madness would actually appear in the books.

Err...I think you have gone for the reverse, i.e. if WoT was SA. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Adolin Cauthon gets fed up with all of those storming Radiants, seeks out the Nightwatcher, and somehow becomes a Chromium Compounder.

Artur Paendrag Tanreall (probably messed up spelling) was the founder of the Knights Radiant, in the Round Table of Urithiru.

The Dark Lord's prison would have been made from Leras's mind.

IDK, do Scadrial references count?, 

Edited by Shardcellist

Well, I'm planning to do a thread for that too, but I'd wait for at least another book to come out, so we have more material.

BY the way, I am humbled that after two years my silly thread is still up and going.

It's a very funny thread! Most of us have read and enjoy WoT :D

• 1 year later...

Men and women would be constantly annoyed at each other. As well as attracted. And absolutely misunderstanding each other. And verbally just one step from killing each other. As well as just one step from killing quite literally any person who comes one step to near to the one he or she loves secretly and obviously.

The Knight Radiants of the Green Order, pardon, the Truthwatchers would bind multiple spren or only one, but then marry it.

The Knight Radiants of the Red Order, pardon, the Dustbringers, would not bind any spren for unknown reasons. Some will complain about it and they will end bonding different knight radiants to them.

The Thaylens would need to go to Thaylenah once every ten years or die. Also there would be no Surgebinding in Thaylen, but for unknown reasons fabrials would be working there. They also would be very gentle and polite, but extremely fierce and deadly in combat.

Rysn would constantly fear to marry that nice-looking Thaylen boy she met somewhere in book two (and nobody remembers him really). Their Babsks would decide to arrange that marriage.

There would be endless landscapes where some thousand years ago kingdoms existed, but collapsed for reasons unknown, since nobody has any real idea about Desolations. Also some would collapse because of non-desolational reasons, that neverwould be explained.

The technology level would stay constant over the last 4.5 thousand years.

Each volume would start "In an Age, called the 99th by some, an Age yet to ruin, an Age long preserved a highstorm arised over (insert random location in East Roshar) [...] The highstorm was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings* in the cosmere. But It was a beginning.". Swap "Highstorm" with "Everstorm" and the location to Western Roshar when necessary.

*except Rashek's Ascension, Rashek's death, Vin's/Sazed's ascension, the creation of Scadrial, the settlement of Roshar, the first Desolation, the Final Desolation, Adonalsium's shattering etc.

Each volume would start "In an Age, called the 99th by some, an Age yet to ruin, an Age long preserved a highstorm arised over (insert random location in East Roshar) [...] The highstorm was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings* in the cosmere. But It was a beginning.". Swap "Highstorm" with "Everstorm" and the location to Western Roshar when necessary.

aww, that would be quite boring; at least in the wheel of time the wind always moved in a different direction.

Also, I didn't think somebody would reanimate this thread until after the release of oathbringer.

aww, that would be quite boring; at least in the wheel of time the wind always moved in a different direction.

Well, in Roshar you can't be very creative about high/everstorms. (The sole idea was creative, but the rules are relatively clear)

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of trying to find a balance in life, Kaladin would spend 8.5 books wondering if he will lose himself by using his powers. 

Kaladin - How can I be a leader?

Everyone else - isn't it a little late for that? You're leading thousands and you are awesome.

Kaladin - But am I a surgeon or am I a warrior? Do I heal or do I kill? WHO AM I??? *angsty hair covers scars

Everyone else - Is this really the time? The world may be ending...a bit...as we speak...

Can I just say that going into Words of Radiance I was so afraid that all the characters would pull a WoT and never communicate (especially about crucial information). I am terribly thankful that Brandon has people tell each other stuff like normal human beings. None of this ridiculous rom-com level withholding of earth shattering knowledge. 

Two asides here - 

1) Just read through Way of Kings again and there are so many subtle foreshadowings about the Bondsmith thing!

2) Thank you for making this thread, it is fantastic. 

With WoT its difficult to really like or dislike it, for me at least.I marathon-read it in less than two months, and lI like it in general, but relatively few things in particular. Some plot-lines were somewhere between annoying and boring - I think it was intention to some amount - and somewhere the story didn't move at all (for example Perrin's camping for three or four volumes)

With WoT its difficult to really like or dislike it, for me at least.I marathon-read it in less than two months, and lI like it in general, but relatively few things in particular. Some plot-lines were somewhere between annoying and boring - I think it was intention to some amount - and somewhere the story didn't move at all (for example Perrin's camping for three or four volumes)

True, true. 

And then at the end Kaladin will be facing Odium and he'll say " it was never about beating us, it was about breaking us because chaos will only rule when honor moves for it. Blah blah blah" he beats Odium and then instead of splintering him he keeps him whole because he thinks that he was never the real enemy or something like that.

And then at the end Kaladin will be facing Odium and he'll say " it was never about beating us, it was about breaking us because chaos will only rule when honor moves for it. Blah blah blah" he beats Odium and then instead of splintering him he keeps him whole because he thinks that he was never the real enemy or something like that.

well, that's more or less  what happened with Ruin. we may be up to something there.

That made relatively much sense in TWOT. Also i doubt it's a good idea to splinter Odium...through the implications of it would be less... problematic than those of killing the dark one.

• Chaos locked this topic