If stormlight archive was the wheel of time

A few exchanges in an old thread gave me this idea

Ugh. This whole thread reminds me of how much I'm actually dreading book 2. If this were a Wheel of Time book (or most books, for that matter), Dalinar won't be telling Kaladin about his storm dreams any time soon, and Kaladin won't be telling Dalinar and crew about his powers.

Then shallan would draw syl and think it is an evil spirit and mistrust kaladin for that, and kaladin will think dalinar has his own schemes and will interfere with them just to spite him, navani will try to manipulate dalinr into doing something else, elokhar will not trust any of them and will exile them all, and no character will ever talk openly to each other, and if they talk they will always come to the wrong conclusions andd think they cannot trust each other...

And then the descendants of the crew of the Wandersail would come back from around the Origin, with an absurdly evil culture and preposterously large collective ego. We will then be treated to far, far too much conflict with this group, when considered in proportion to the whole "dark god about to kill us all" threat that rightly ought to be slightly more central to the plot.

So, I just thought we could expand on this and make an affectionate parody of the way the wheel of time plot was driven by the main characters acting like total morons.

Navani will hear dalinar's plan about becoming highprince of war and will start thinking he's getting arrogant. She will often telling him he is getting a big head, never giving him the chance to explain - not that he will ever try to explain in the first place. Eventually they will breack up, they will then mistrust each other and spend six books nnever talking to each other, not even to exchange informations, despite having risen to control the two main factions in the forces of mankind (Dalinar an alliance of rosharan nations, except for those that were conquered by the descendants of the crew of the wandersail, and navani will have become the boss of an order of scholars/soulcasters including jasnah and shallan, and will spend far more time meddling for power among her organization than doing something actually productive)

A few exchanges in an old thread gave me this idea

So, I just thought we could expand on this and make an affectionate parody of the way the wheel of time plot was driven by the main characters acting like total morons.

Oh, I dunno.  They seemed to get their act together in that regard in the last three books. :D

There aren't a ton of direct parallels as far as characters go - is Dalinar Rand, or is it Kaladin? Would Szeth be Mat, or Dalinar's son with the perfectly forgettable name -- so I'm not sure where to start.

Turns out everyone from Shinovar is the direct descendant of the Knights Radiant, warriors extraordinaire, forcing them to decide as a people if they are all slaves or if perhaps fighting is not so dishonorable. (Oh, that turned out nicely.)

Rock will constantly describe all of the people as airsick lowlanders, refuse to fight and not teach anybody else to use a bow, while situations constantly arise where a bowman is needed. 

Kaladin will make no effort to communicate with his parents.  Nor will he tell Dalinar about his Radiant abilities or his history with Amaram, even though it affects his job as head of security.

Jasnah and Navani will not tell people what they need to know, while competing/fighting with each other. 

Every female character will spend half of every book sniffing at each other... or pulling their hair.

All the characters will spend half of a whole 700 page book as part of a circus for no apparent reason at all.

((Should qualify this by saying that I loved WoT, but it really did get bogged down in the middle))

• 1 month later...

This thread is just too much fun. I really do love WoT time. But with that said...

If SA were like WoT, then Adolin will get a group of badass killer women as bodyguards who will constantly make fun of him when he keeps a mental list of all of them who died, whilst calling him a "stubborn wool-headed sheepherder".

I actually just started rereading WoT and am only on book 2, so I got another 12 books of fresh material to use.

Kaladin will deny his Windrunning powers and will refuse to accept it and run away from responsibility for about 6 books.

Renarin will always be hit on by girls, and will blush and be embarrassed, wishing Adolin was there cause he's 'good with women.' The same thing will happen to Adolin and he'll think the same about Renarin.

Szeth will acidentally unleash an ancient evil into the world, that becomes a minor antagonist for the rest of the series that has no lasting, severe consequences, and is offhandedly defeated in one blow during the Final Battle.

Kaladin would have to travel across the world to find the Shard that isn't a Shard in a fortress that can't be breached, while being pursued by one of the ten fools.

Navani would be trapped in the Tranquil Halls for six books and presumed dead. Dalinar will pine over her loss all the way up to the last book, at which point Renarin will rescue her and bring her back so she can hold Kaladins hand and tell him to be a good boy.

/>Kaladin would have to travel across the world to find the Shard that isn't a Shard in a fortress that can't be breached, while being pursued by one of the ten fools.

Navani would be trapped in the Tranquil Halls for six books and presumed dead. Dalinar will pine over her loss all the way up to the last book, at which point Renarin will rescue her and bring her back so she can hold Kaladins hand and tell him to be a good boy.

It is a little sad how true this is.

All of the main characters will discover a broken, forbidden magic attack that somehow just conveniently makes something never have existed before.
Because that makes sense.

(And then at the end when the bad guys are wrecking the good guys with it. Jasnah will all of a sudden figure out how to do its exact opposite effect and save the day with it)

I can't stop posting these. It's toooo easy!