What are you playing right now?

52 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

I started my first Skyrim playthrough a couple weeks ago. It's a pretty fun game, once you mod it so that it actually WORKS. THANKS A LOT BETHESDA.

Mods are pretty fun to play around with (until you get crash messages!)

I still play Celeste mods. They add so much to the game (although some are confusing)

10 hours ago, Aeoliae said:

Mods are pretty fun to play around with

They are. I'm currently running like 35. Amazingly, they all work at once and I've never had a problem with crashes. Well, except for when SKSE64 wasn't launching. But we don't talk about that.

• 4 weeks later...

Playing Fire Emblem Engage again in order to complete some builds, and I just switched a few around as I didn't like how they were performing. Although honestly at this point, I'm just using it to bide my time until the next game comes out. (I'm really hoping Genealogy Remake is announced in the next Nintendo Direct for a January release!!)

I'm hoping that I'll get the motivation to play Persona 5 Strikers again and go through that, but I just don't like playing the game on the Switch. It's a lesson learned, and I probably won't be getting Persona 5 Tactica on the Switch either then. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the nerf machine, I spent 67 hours on it. and I want to say that I am satisfied!! now I want to try diablo 4, I have experience in immortal. but I do not know how much they differ. hopefully I still have the skills and understanding) what do you think of diablo?:rolleyes:
I've already played 200 hours, and I'm kind of a nubile guy. I can't beat the mid-level bosses, maybe I'm too weak or something. I'm thinking of using a boost service to help, I was advised this one. what do you think of this idea? maybe someone has used it and knows some pitfalls

Edited by joefrog

• 2 weeks later...

Finished FF16. I had many problems with the execution of this game but the worldbuilding/story was very fun imo. Looking forward to the dlc.

Was going to get Starfield today but as I was waiting for GameStop to open I saw a small bit of gameplay (resource gathering just like on NMS) and put the truck in drive to go do my next thing. Idk bout this game now. I just wanted it cause it’s Bethesda and so I could finally give my Box some love instead of collecting dust.

Back on Xenoblade 3 now.

Will start Trails to Zero if I don’t get Starfield soon to.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished Ys I Chronicles. It was cool, short and sweet, I liked bump combat more than I thought I would. 

Difficulty is so weird though, everything is either really easy or really hard, no in-between. The final boss took me several sessions while other bosses died in under 10 seconds on a first try.

Excited for the second game, can't wait to throw fireballs and turn this into a bullet hell. 

Speaking of bullet hells, I'm also playing Nier: Automata, finished Route A. It's promising, though Ending A explains nothing so I guess I'll have to wait for the answers to decide how much I like this.

Also got endings G and K. I like joke endings, I might start purposely hunting them. 

Combat is storming amazing, some of the best boss battles I've ever played. 

No need to talk about the soundtrack. It's amazing, everyone knows that, love every second. 

Playing Alan Wake 2. This game is everything I wanted it to be. Solving cases, delving into The Dark Place and exploring its liminal spaces, looking for clues. It's much scarier than the first Alan Wake. The dual protagonists are pretty interesting as it has you switch between Alan Wake and a new character Saga Anderson, an FBI agent who may have some psychic abilities. Lots of references to Remedy's other game Control, which is a masterpiece itself.

I highly recommend it since it's about an author getting trapped in a story that he's desperately trying to escape from, and I know how much we all love books and authors here. I do recommend playing the original and Control first to get the full experience. Beware though because it's definitely not for younger players.

Edited by Zurvanite

Finished Nier:Automata, endings A through E (plus a few joke ones). That was, an amazing experience. While I think the story could have used more time, I think the repetitive nature of the game kinda prevented it from getting any longer. This game is depressing, it's hopeful, it's sad, and I wanted more out of ending E but it accomplished something wonderful that I think very few games can claim to have done.

Also, the game wasn't perfect, but it definitely deserves commending for all the unique design choices it has. Gaming needs more of this, or at least I want more of this. Yes, I want my rpg to turn into a visual novel for a while, I want arcade shooters segments in 3d action games. I want to see the game's UI be used as a tool to drive storytelling. It's so weird and yet works so well. Sometimes nothing is explicitly happening with the story but you know something big is happening because the game itself changed its behavior as a software. I want more of this.

3 routes in a little under 46 hours, so rather short considering each time you're looking at a credits sequences before 20. I might extend that to do some ending hunting, look for the few quests I missed, get all the archives. I want to get all the plot I can out of this game before it's my turn to sacrifice.

Heart-wrenching, beautiful game. Looking forward to the original Gestalt/Replicant some time in the future.

A couple of months ago I found the TCG (sort of) called Keyforge. It's pretty interesting, and some fans made a way to play it online. So I've been doing that a bit and it's pretty fun. I kinda suck at it since I'm so new at it.

(Totally counts as a video game. It's available online. ;) )

Edited by Lord Gregorio

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Baldurs Gate 3 and I'm hitting the same wall I have with other RPGs in that there's so many options that I'm paralysed with indecision (currently have Skyrim, Witcher 3 and Mass Effect playthroughs stalled for the same reason).

I just finished Deathloop a couple of weeks ago, and while it scratches the itch of 'I don't wanna deal with narrative consequences' above, I was a little disappointed that I completed the Golden Loop in one go once I figured it out (although I did grind to get all weapons/powers and I spent a good deal of time running away from fights screaming on the penultimate level). Biding my time until Judas/System Shock Remake/Bioshock 4 arrive for my immersive sim fix.

Probably going to try to finish off the Valkyries in the first Norse God of War if the RPG paralysis keeps hitting me.

Been playing Fire Emblem Engage the last couple days (was originally going to get 3 Houses but it was out of stock and I didn't feel like waiting). been enjoying it so far, though I probably have the difficulty set too low; but I felt like doing a low stress run first. my prior experience with Fire Emblem is that I hate losing characters and tend to replay a level over and over again until i get bored with the whole thing, so dropping the difficulty helps prevent that, though I may have overdone it slightly - my main character is practically untouchable, and often takes no damage even when hit.

Been playing around with mods in Skyrim. Found a really good one called Clockwork about a spooky mansion, a creepy wailing ghost that follows you and can go through walls (normally I wouldn't be scared of Skyrim ghosts but this thing is freaky), and immortal clockwork soldiers. Reminds me of Enderal a bit (another Skyrim mod I love). It's got this Lovecraft/Poe feeling to the whole thing.