What are you playing right now?

While not a video game, I did play Magic The Gathering for the first time a little over a week ago. I was with some friends and two of them wanted to play some Yu-gi-oh. And another of my friends who was there plays Magic and he let me borrow is zombie deck for a three way free for all. And I proceeded to slowly build up my undead army to the point where I was pretty much unstoppable and he resigned. I had a lot of fun and would love to start collecting and playing if I weren't a broke college kid.

Ooh. Zombie decks are fun. At my school, we play magic every Thursday after our science club meeting after school.

I kinda feel the same way. Though mainly because of the Brandon fans I know who play Magic (like Mi'ch and Josh). We hung out a while back with a couple of other guys and played magic. It was a blast. One of the guys there, who's actually really good at it, had an (I think) 11/11 creature with Flying and Trample (I think), the best part? It was a GOAT TOKEN.

Reminds me of when one of my friends gave a Bird Token shroud, +5/+5, double strike, and shadow. It started with flying. Good times...

Reminds me of when one of my friends gave a Bird Token shroud, +5/+5, double strike, and shadow. It started with flying. Good times...

Heh, i always thought that buffing tokens to be really powerful was a goofy idea. Especially if you don't have like "official" tokens or something, and you're just using like pennies or paper or something. "see this penny? It just wiped out everything you own in this card game."

Heh, i always thought that buffing tokens to be really powerful was a goofy idea. Especially if you don't have like "official" tokens or something, and you're just using like pennies or paper or something. "see this penny? It just wiped out everything you own in this card game."

We use little glass "bead things" as tokens. They look kinda like candies, and when one of my friends first brought them, someone accidentally ate one.

We use little glass "bead things" as tokens. They look kinda like candies, and when one of my friends first brought them, someone accidentally ate one.

i usually use those little fishtank glass beads/baubles because they're easy to get and inexpensive. You can get like hundreds from any pet shop for a few of bucks.

And the hilarious part of my battle was that I was able to take control of two creatures from the third person we were playing that added +1/+1 to any creature I played as well as adding that to the stolen creature. So by the end of the battle they were like +12/+12. It was great.

So me and my friends have been playing a lot of Dungeons and Dragons online recently. I played a bit back when it first went free to play a year or two ago, but picked it back up again here in the past couple of weeks. We play on the Ghallanda server. Anyone else here play?

So me and my friends have been playing a lot of Dungeons and Dragons online recently. I played a bit back when it first went free to play a year or two ago, but picked it back up again here in the past couple of weeks. We play on the Ghallanda server. Anyone else here play?

I've never played online before. Is it hard?

I haven't heard much at all about it, to be honest. And I've been mostly playing WoW. You know, doing Firelands dailies and all that.

I've never played online before. Is it hard?

Well, we're actually playing the MMO named "Dungeons and Dragons Online" :P

Honestly, i really like how it works out, it's pretty unique as far as MMO's go. It follows 3/3.5 edition rules actually really closely with a few minor tweaks and additions (also: it's free2play)

I haven't heard much at all about it, to be honest. And I've been mostly playing WoW. You know, doing Firelands dailies and all that.

Honestly, i've been bored with WoW for like the past year and a half or so. So much so that even all the promised changes in cataclysm couldn't lure me back into it.

However, i am all sorts of ready for SWTOR.

Oh man, Cataclysm is awesome. You should grab a Scroll of Res sometime, just to fly around Azeroth and have a look around and see what's changed. The new questing content from 80-85 is the best Blizz has ever put out, and the new dungeons are absolutely gorgeous. Patch 4.2 kind of disappointed me since it's just the Firelands, but the content is entertaining enough.

Oh man, Cataclysm is awesome. You should grab a Scroll of Res sometime, just to fly around Azeroth and have a look around and see what's changed. The new questing content from 80-85 is the best Blizz has ever put out, and the new dungeons are absolutely gorgeous. Patch 4.2 kind of disappointed me since it's just the Firelands, but the content is entertaining enough.

Yeah, that's what i've heard from a few friends of mine, that cataclysm is a pretty big game changer. However, the reason i havent tried it out in any capacity is because my account apparently got hacked and banned when it was deactivated (it was actually associated to a different email when they upgraded to the new b.net system) and in order to get it working again, I have to like call up their support and fill out a form and mail it in (though, it's associated to my account correctly now), and my desire to play hasn't been great enough to overcome my laziness to not do that :P

I guess I can understand that; my B.net account is still registered to my maiden name because I haven't felt like scanning in my marriage certificate and photoshopping out the social security numbers to send it to Blizzard. This is also why I downloaded the Mobile Authenticator. :P

My husband taught me how to play Memoir '44 last night. We both really like boardgames, but I don't usually play the wargames. This one was fun, helped along by the fact that I played the side that was easier to win and we didn't have time to switch and play the opposite way.

So there's been this plot device lion character following our party around in one of our D&D campaigns. He heals, but overall, he makes no difference to the battles we've done. This last encounter, he got thrown off a 50 ft wall by a 25 ft cyclopes.

Now I have a shawl made of lion mane.

:D

So there's been this plot device lion character following our party around in one of our D&D campaigns. He heals, but overall, he makes no difference to the battles we've done. This last encounter, he got thrown off a 50 ft wall by a 25 ft cyclopes.

Now I have a shawl made of lion mane.

:D

in our D&D games we're notorious for recruiting NPC allies and using them as meat shields for us. In one campaign, we convinced the guard captain of a city to investigate some haunted ruins outside of his city with us (he brought a few troops and stuff) and we ended up finding a portal that we all got pulled through to another part of the world thats essentially nothing but an undead infested waste land. The guard captain was with us like 90% of the campaign (his lackies died real quick) and finally died as we were approaching the finality of the campaign. So instead of heading off an finishing our objective, we set off on a self selected side quest to go into the spiritual realm and got his spirit and found his spirit and put his soul into the body of a captive enemy necromancer we had captured. It was awesome. :P

in our D&D games we're notorious for recruiting NPC allies and using them as meat shields for us. In one campaign, we convinced the guard captain of a city to investigate some haunted ruins outside of his city with us (he brought a few troops and stuff) and we ended up finding a portal that we all got pulled through to another part of the world thats essentially nothing but an undead infested waste land. The guard captain was with us like 90% of the campaign (his lackies died real quick) and finally died as we were approaching the finality of the campaign. So instead of heading off an finishing our objective, we set off on a self selected side quest to go into the spiritual realm and got his spirit and found his spirit and put his soul into the body of a captive enemy necromancer we had captured. It was awesome. :P

Well that sounds fun, what level were you? Today, my group played with some pixies. (The definition of play involving blood of course).

Well that sounds fun, what level were you? Today, my group played with some pixies. (The definition of play involving blood of course).

we started at level 5 or so, and the campaign ended at level 8 or 9.

Also, in that same campaign, we ended up breaking the story line and then fixing it on our own. I'm not entirely sure how, but somehow we misinterpreted clues that pointed to "get information from the thieves guild leader because he's the resistance leader you're looking for" as "murder the thieves guild leader". Which we did. Then we found out that we were supposed to HELP him, not KILL him as the rest of his men were coming. So our nixie rogue ended up bluffing and enchanting our way out of it, making them think that an assassin came and we were too late to stop him and we had a fight with him before he escaped and rallied the thieves guild to our side and led them on a charge against their oppressors, which we quietly slipped on them on before they realized our lies and the enchantments faded.

• 2 weeks later...