Link Von Kelsier Harvey

What are you playing right now?

2,161 posts in this topic

I recently got a Nintendo Switch and I'm currently playing Sonic Colours Ultimate and Animal Crossing. I love them both, especially Animal Crossing. That game is SO relaxing. I even managed to make my favourite character from Tangled the Series (Zhan Tiri) in Animal Crossing! :wub::wub:

I booted up my latest Three Houses playthrough. I'm still upset that my previous version of Hilda that I had spent the entire game training to get to A in Magic so she could use Bolting in the next playthrough was erased, but someday I'll redo it. I currently only have a few goals at the moment: 

Claude: Must master Assassin, Hero, and Wyvern Lord ideally before Part 2. I'm pretty sure I've done this, but I can't remember if it was lost with the Bolting Hilda save or not. Also an A in Riding would be very nice.

Ignatz: Must master Dark Mage & Dark Sage, and Assassin. I'm thinking about the Mortal Savant class for him because of this, despite its downsides. We'll see what I decide. 

Leonie: Must become a Wyvern Lord by endgame, and must reach an A in Axes to wield the Axe of Ukonvasara. 

Caspar: Must gain A rank in Lances to wield the Scythe of Sariel.

Lysithea: S+ Black Magic (have done before), and get a high enough Flying and Fist rank in order to use the Dark Flier and War Cleric classes respectively. 

Felix: ...something, but I can't remember what. 

Hilda: Definitely going Wyvern Lord route, but also possibly going Mortal Savant route. Will see. 

And taking a break from Three Houses, I booted up Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE Encore. I was on the final chapter of the game when I booted it up. Since then, I've done a fair bit of side-questing, and really only have one or two more side-quests to go. Currently I'm just grinding out weapons until all the ideal skills have been inherited, and I can change at least two of the characters into their optimal classes. Or that was the plan. I'm honestly not sure I want to do that for the main character Itsuki anymore. Yes, Conqueror is the stronger and bulkier class, and Itsuki excels in that role and most importantly makes Chrom look so much cooler, but Great Lord also offers some really nice Magic buffs, and Itsuki's lightning spells are really handy. I had planned on changing his class and at least Kiria's class from Sage to Sorcerer. If I don't change Itsuki's class, then I'll give my second Master Seal to Ellie, as having her as a Sniper is more beneficial than Assassin at this point. (Her Special Moves are tied to her skill, and Sniper simply offers higher skill.) 

felt like some classic gaming so I popped FFXII (does that count as classic? it's 15 years old now...) into my PS2 and the whole thing immediately crashed and wouldn't turn back on.  so instead I started playing Majora's Mask again on the Wii U virtual console.  I had gotten to the end of it, but not beaten it last time I played, so I started up the same save file and worked on getting the last masks and beating the game.  finally was able to today, though definitely not 100%.

Finished Act 2 in Dragon Quest XI. Starting Act 3 but the plot sounds dangerous. 

Spoiler

I'm a typical Fullmetal Alchemist fan who's biased against bringing back the dead. Now if it works by all means, I'll take it, but this is reeking of tragedy for the time being. Besides, this is Dragon Quest we're talking about, this series feeds on tragedy. Crossing my fingers.

Edit: I've been proved wrong for the moment and I couldn't be happier. Guess the game is content with cramming Act 2 with sad stuff and leaving the happy bits for Act 3. Hopefully. This is just starting. 

Edited by Eluvianii

I just discovered that my potato laptop must be a dark wizard or something, because it somehow runs Yakuza 0 butter smooth. The rest of the series seems to have the same requirements to some extent. So I guess I will now play that. 

games im playing

Assassin Creed Brotherhood for my Playstation 3. in the middle of DNA Sequence 4

games for my Nintendo Switch Lite

Bravely Default II

Monster Hunter Rise

Tales of Vesperia

Ys Origins

and planning on buying Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic from the eshop pretty soon

Bought Tales of Arise ultimate edition online for BF PS sale.

Im currently playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood for my Playstation 3. In the middle of DNA Sequence 7

Downloading Kingdom of Amalur on PS.

Just finished Dragon Quest XI at almost 154 hours. Storms, this game. I think this is now my favorite game outside of the Trails series. It's seriously incredible, I went in with extremely high expectations, but the game surpassed them like it was nothing. So I kept raising my expectations and each time the game just rose above them just like that. 

In comparison to other DQ games, the only, idk, shortcoming? I can find is that the focus on towns stories is a crown that still belongs to VII, but that said, it did have a lot of them and really good ones.

In exchange it has the heaviest focus on plot  I've seen in the series, which is kind of what I thought VIII would have when I started it. I later learned to enjoy the series for what it does and not to resent it for what it didn't, but yeah, I'll gladly take a mix of both styles.

I underestimated Act 3. It sent me to the final boss right away so I thought it was the shortest one. Well it is, if you rush to the boss. If you do everything, well, it took me 66 hours hunting every piece of story, boss, and farming costumes and equipement, against the 44 the first two took me each. I can't even imagine what a 100% run is like, with such a massive bestiary and item catalogue.

It's ridiculous how much I came to like the cast, I'll probably have a hangover over this. Trying to enjoy other games but starting to miss these characters in the middle of it. Though I'll admit I'm tempted to start over right away. This game can be played in its entirety in 16-bit style, so I might do that and just treat it as more content I haven't seen.

I've heard terrible things about the music, but honestly some of my favorite themes in the series are original to this game. The only ones I may have a problem with are the overworld theme and the boss theme, but the latter grew on me eventually and the former gives you options. If you want you can have an overworld theme for each act, so we're not exactly starved for variety. Not to mention the game has A LOT of reorchestrations of older themes and those are just such a great nostalgia rush (do I even have the right to say that? I started this series less than 2 years ago), and are easily the best renditions so far.

So great game, go play it. Now if you'll excuse me I have a bonus dungeon and boss to tackle. 

Edited by Ookla the Scarecrow