Link Von Kelsier Harvey

What are you playing right now?

1,577 posts in this topic

Been looking around for a PS1 and the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy, nothing yet but i really hope i can find one soon

Been looking around for a PS1 and the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy, nothing yet but i really hope i can find one soon

*cough cough* roms*cough hack cough*

Bought Soul Calibur 2 on a whim the other day. Been playing the heck out of weapon master mode, and just got to the part where I can buy all the best weapons. ... Why does Nightmare get Soul Calibur? Also, why is he one of only like three people to get it?

Bought Soul Calibur 2 on a whim the other day. Been playing the heck out of weapon master mode, and just got to the part where I can buy all the best weapons. ... Why does Nightmare get Soul Calibur? Also, why is he one of only like three people to get it?

That's a good game. Also, i think the sword is called the soul edge (but i could be misremembering) but every character has their own "soul edge", but nightmare is the only one who has THE soul edge (the big eye-balley sword) because thats how its supposed to be story-wise. Which version are you playing? I think the gamecube version is the best, since you can play link :P

Yeah, Gamecube version, and you're right, every character can get Soul Edge. I thought Soul Edge was supposed to be Nightmare's best weapon, but then I found extra chapter 2, and the shop there has Legendary weapons for each character, including Link's Great Fairy Sword, and Soul Calibur for Nightmare. I thought Soul Calibur was the GOOD sword. Also, seeing as how the game is named after it, I wonder why only three of the characters can actually use Soul Calibur at all.

doing several final runs of Oblivion, My current classes are a Breton Spellsword, a Woodelf Thief, and a Breton Assassin. My thief is going to do the theives guild, my assassin will do the dark brotherhood, and my spellsword is going to do the mages guild. after that I'm going to make one final build and have it do the MQ, SI and Fighters Guild. considering that I only have done the main quest once and that was back in 2007 and have never finished the fighters guild or SI. I plan to have that last build stop the oblivion invasion on 11-10-11 around 11pm so I can start Skyrim as soon as I am back from the store.

Oh and did I mention all of those guys are named Kelsier? :P

currently playing

from steam. It's pretty awesome.

The "What are you listening to" thread inspired me, and I just bought Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for $4. Now I just need to finish my fifth play through of Baten Kaitos before it arrives.

I managed to get to the final boss but then I died and lost my save file. I'd really like to get some people together and play with friends, but it's hard to get four people together regularly.

And then there's that you have to four GBAs and four GBA to GC cords. PAIN IN THE BUTT.

They should really remake the game. It'd be really nice with online support and not needing the GBA and cables.

They've had a couple of sequels since then, most of which have been generally seen as crap. :\

I keep going through a cycle of finding my SP and losing my GBA connectors, then finding the connectors and losing my SP. Even so, I can't find enough people who even have GBAs any more. It'd be nice if they remade it for the Wii U, which I hear you can use a 3DS as a controller.

I've heard mixed things about the CC sequels. Not that they're bad, but when compared to the shining glory of the FF franchise, they don't even come close. And that bar is pretty fricken high if you ask me.

I'd like it to be remade for the WiiU using the 3DS if I weren't so hesitant about getting both systems. I know I'm going to get a 3DS eventually, but the short battery life has me concerned, especially when my current DS (which is the old, original DS) lasts probably no longer than the 3DS does and it drives me a little bonkers because I usually use my DS a lot when I travel on band trips and such. And then the WiiU... I already have a PS3 to play all the good HD games, so I don't really want to shell out more money for another Wii so I can only have a small collection of Nintendo only games. But I digress. Ideally, CC would be remade for the computer and support online cooperative play with voice chat and such. Or maybe I've just been playing too many Steam games recently.

Well I got Portal 2 last night but didn't start it, I WOULD be playing it but my dad is instead :P

I just got started playing Pokemon Black. I bought it yesterday.

I am currently playing Knights of the Old Republic. In other news, today I am going to a birthday party that will involve Munchkin, Game of Thrones card game, and some Battlestar Galactica game. So. Excited.

I know that this is a ways back in the topic, but I felt compelled to mention that I freaking love Munchkin!

To get back on topic I'll say that I'm playing minecraft and LoZ: The Wind Waker. Minecraft is completely addicting and wind waker's one of the best games ever. What else is there to say?

My D&D group played an RPG called Gamma World instead of D&D tonight and it was really, really fun! It's a post apocalyptic theme with really fun, random kind of mechanics. It's related to the fourth edition of D&D using practically the same system (it's owned by the same guys), and works basically the same way, but has a much more spontaneous feel to it. Each encounter tends to be different. At the beginning of a fight, each character gets an Alpha and an Omega card, which gives them a unique element for that fight. The Alphas are mutations, random mutations because the world's all messed up and stuff, and the Omegas are tech, which can be a grenade or a nanobot patch or a Gravity Hammer, they all tend to be pretty fun to use. Some are just plain silly, like the porcupine quills that I sprouted with in one fight, or the long nose that counts as a stabbing weapon that one of the others got later.

And instead of picking a race and a class, you roll for two Origins, which determine certain stats and your abilities. I rolled a Mind Breaker/Plant, and there was a Felinoid/Yeti. Generally fun, random stuff.

Instead of item pickups at the end of an encounter you get Ancient Junk, basically stuff left over from the normal world. There were three horses in our group, plus a wagon and a pickup truck. I had duct tape, so we were pretty much set. XD

The pickup didn't have doors on it, so we used a table saw we found with one of our generators and ripped the doors off of a building we found and slapped those on the truck. We decided we were going to turn the truck into a massive RV with everything made out of doors. Lots of silly fun, despite how we were heading towards a TPK in our last fight.

My D&D group played an RPG called Gamma World -snip-

That seems like a lot of fun. I am jealous of you.

i've never played gamma world, but i know of it. It was written by gary gygax at TSR back in the 1970's just like the original D&D. I'm surprised WOtC decided to continue it, since it was never stupid popular like D&D was. To my knowledge, they've always based the ruleset for it off of D&D.

for some reason, your post made me think of a great tabletop, so i'm going to recommend it. You should try out sometime paranoia. It's a great (silly) game.

Wizards actually puts all Gamma World stuff on their D&D page. I think if you look at the material, you can find the D&D logo on it somewhere.

Finnaly got to playing Portal 2 once my dad took a break. INCREDIBLE!!

While not a video game, I did play Magic The Gathering for the first time a little over a week ago. I was with some friends and two of them wanted to play some Yu-gi-oh. And another of my friends who was there plays Magic and he let me borrow is zombie deck for a three way free for all. And I proceeded to slowly build up my undead army to the point where I was pretty much unstoppable and he resigned. I had a lot of fun and would love to start collecting and playing if I weren't a broke college kid.

That seems like a lot of fun. I am jealous of you.

i've never played gamma world, but i know of it. It was written by gary gygax at TSR back in the 1970's just like the original D&D. I'm surprised WOtC decided to continue it, since it was never stupid popular like D&D was. To my knowledge, they've always based the ruleset for it off of D&D.

for some reason, your post made me think of a great tabletop, so i'm going to recommend it. You should try out sometime paranoia. It's a great (silly) game.

I had a golf club and a spiked tetherball for weapons. :D

Finnaly got to playing Portal 2 once my dad took a break. INCREDIBLE!!

LOVE that game! Did you just start?

While not a video game, I did play Magic The Gathering for the first time a little over a week ago. I was with some friends and two of them wanted to play some Yu-gi-oh. And another of my friends who was there plays Magic and he let me borrow is zombie deck for a three way free for all. And I proceeded to slowly build up my undead army to the point where I was pretty much unstoppable and he resigned. I had a lot of fun and would love to start collecting and playing if I weren't a broke college kid.

I kinda feel the same way. Though mainly because of the Brandon fans I know who play Magic (like Mi'ch and Josh). We hung out a while back with a couple of other guys and played magic. It was a blast. One of the guys there, who's actually really good at it, had an (I think) 11/11 creature with Flying and Trample (I think), the best part? It was a GOAT TOKEN.