What are you playing right now?

Being as I only just finished Xenoblade last year I won’t be getting new release but I ll definitely be watching YouTube for the “new” stuff.

Rolling onwards with Xenoblade 2 on ch 8 with 186hrs logged.

Really want to start Cold Steel 1 but I’m not till I finish this game.

Still need to buy a Wii U for Xenoblade X disc I bought.

On 28/3/2020 at 4:28 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:

I don't think it's that big of a deal. A lot of games just don't do that. 

A little uncertainty would have been nice though.

Back to the thread, I just finished Metroid Prime. That was pretty intense, I had a really rough time with some stuff even though I was on the easiest difficulty. Is this game hard or am I just bad at FPS?

Either way, it was amazing and I can't wait to start Echoes.

Oh my... these graphics are so crazy enhanced! Going to have so much eye candy to take in. I was blown away in 2018-19 all those years later when I played this because I legit didn’t know the Wii was even capable of putting out the lvl of graphics this gem had. It rivaled even some PS4 landscapes. 1st timers are going to be in for such a rusting treat with this. I would totally buy this again if it had been like 5 yrs ago I played this but it’s only been a year and I still had to spend $50+ at the used store cause the game was so rare. Totally worth every cent to...but I can’t bring myself to purchase this no matter how much I want to.

16 hours ago, Briar King said:

Oh my... these graphics are so crazy enhanced! Going to have so much eye candy to take in. I was blown away in 2018-19 all those years later when I played this because I legit didn’t know the Wii was even capable of putting out the lvl of graphics this gem had. It rivaled even some PS4 landscapes. 1st timers are going to be in for such a rusting treat with this. I would totally buy this again if it had been like 5 yrs ago I played this but it’s only been a year and I still had to spend $50+ at the used store cause the game was so rare. Totally worth every cent to...but I can’t bring myself to purchase this no matter how much I want to.

Just give in...

It's my favorite game of all time, I'm buying it no matter what. The graphics, epilogue, updated UI--all just icing on the beautiful, beautiful cake.

Ok for you Xenoblade 2 players..can you explain to me what the element orbs actually are and what to do with them? I know they mentioned it way back when but rust if I remember the tutorial. I’ve basically just been staring at them for 200 hrs lol.

No way I ll look the info up either. I got a huge spoiler last year on X1 looking up something.

25 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Ok for you Xenoblade 2 players..can you explain to me what the element orbs actually are and what to do with them? I know they mentioned it way back when but rust if I remember the tutorial. I’ve basically just been staring at them for 200 hrs lol.

I’m probably not the best person to explain this because Xenoblade 2’s battle mechanics always go over my head but from what I can remember...

You get an element orb by completing a third stage blade combo. Then in a chain attack, you can shatter the orbs. This is done by using a blade art of the opposite type (for example, say there’s a water orb. So you would use a fire blade to shatter it and vice versa). Breaking the orbs gives you another turn, which equals more damage. So basically you can do a bunch of blade combos, then start a chain attack and you’ll do lots of damage. 

It is complicated isn’t it?

See here I am this whole pretty much when I see the pretty’s circling I tried to time my arts just right thinking I had to hit at the prefect time. No wonder why I never got a pop... and I very rarely even the do the chain attacks. The revives are worth more to me.

Yeah, I think the game could’ve done a better job explaining the battle system. I’ve heard it becomes almost like a rhythm game if you build your team correctly. When I played it I was more focused on story than gameplay, but by the end I found that the battles were the most enjoyable part. I’m not very good at them, though. I do want to replay the game but with a larger focus on gameplay. I’m half-tempted to start up a ng+ file right now. 

Edit: I forgot to mention, chain attacks can actually get pretty powerful, especially in late game. I never really used them at the start, but once I got used to the orb system they saved me so many times. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

Y’all see that new PS5 controller yet? I really like it but I’m extremely torn because if there was one constant in the gaming world it was the 20+yrs iconic mostly unchanged PS controller. That will be no more.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/07/introducing-dualsense-the-new-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/?fbclid=IwAR2vx_vwxnYDxdglhJhItmHzt529lm6uQXu4RlomnqPKgzWEKV_wIDswLVs

40 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Y’all see that new PS5 controller yet? I really like it but I’m extremely torn because if there was one constant in the gaming world it was the 20+yrs iconic mostly unchanged PS controller. That will be no more.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/07/introducing-dualsense-the-new-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/?fbclid=IwAR2vx_vwxnYDxdglhJhItmHzt529lm6uQXu4RlomnqPKgzWEKV_wIDswLVs

I mean, the PS4 controller is mighty different from the rest. The colored buttons are gone, but that's about it

It is different from 1-3 but still retains the overall PS ness of its older brothers. This looks rather like the Pro Controller for Switch. I like it but totally wasn’t expecting a completely different outline altogether.

its doing away with the circle moulds and protruding trigger and analog moulds. Going flat block style.

Edited by Briar King

Wow, that PS5 controller kind of reminds me of a Stormtrooper skin for a Star Wars game bundle than the main controller that comes with the console. This makes you wonder if the main console itself will be black and white as well or if it’ll go the way of the boomerang controller.

Anyway can’t wait to get FF7R in a couple days!

14 hours ago, Briar King said:

Boooo! I don't want my PS controller looking more like an X-Box controller! Those tend to hurt my hands! 

Got up to what I thought was the end of Radiant Historia PC, but it turns out there’s an added new ending. It’s kind of annoyed me, because it’s the point at which the original game ended, and I like how everything’s turned out. I know maybe it’s a strange thing to be annoyed about, but the lack of credits at the point of the original ending is really unsatisfying. I know it’s not really the “end” anymore, but it just felt odd, especially with the natural flow of the narrative. Credits provide a sense of closure for me, and without it I just feel unfulfilled. I’ve looked into the new ending, and I don’t really like it. I wish there was an option to play the original version of the game, and a seperate option that included the new content. That was it’d let people experience the original story and also the additional content, instead of the strange mashup that we got. 

Apart from that, it was a really solid game. It actually got pretty emotional at the end (negated by the ending not actually being the ending), and I was surprised about how much a certain plot twist affected me. It wasn’t on the same level as Three Houses or Persona, but it was a satisfying game nonetheless.