What are you playing right now?

Finally started Witcher 3 yesterday. I'm enjoying the graphics and the story (and the side-quests), but the world hasn't taken me by storm yet, to be completely honest. I keep comparing it to Horizon: Zero Dawn in my head, since that's the last open world "fantasy" I played (Fire Emblem isn't open world AT ALL). And every time Yennefer appears or is described, all I can think of is Moiraine from The Wheel of Time (although Moiraine is usually pictured with brown hair according to the artwork I've seen). I don't think I'll ever be fully in love with this game, but I'll happily be proven wrong. This should keep me busy until Persona 5 Royal comes out, and then Persona will take over my life...again... 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Finished Lego Incredibles last night. I liked it more than Lego DC Super Villains since they actually had the fun factor and took enough liberties with the films to make sense why they’re building stuff and to get around stuff like Syndrome killing Supers. My only complaint is the game felt like a minor title with a mini AAA budget since it didn’t look as polished as Lego Star Wars, DC, Marvel or LOTR along with not having any bonus levels like the others since there’s only 12 here and they could’ve easily had bonus levels based off of the other Pixar films considering they already had Pixar included for the Pixar Family Builds that gives the red bricks and gives a Pixar character like Dory, Flik, Woody, Merida and Wall-E.

Next to play is God of War (2018)

Edited by Draginon

Picked up Animal Crossing New Horizons, and I’m having a great time. I already know my life is going to be consumed by it for a while. Would anyone be interested in an Animal Crossing thread? I don’t know if anyone here is interested in the game, but it could be a place where we discuss how our towns are doing, plans for the future etc. 

On 3/20/2020 at 3:52 PM, The Awakened Salad said:

Picked up Animal Crossing New Horizons, and I’m having a great time. I already know my life is going to be consumed by it for a while. Would anyone be interested in an Animal Crossing thread? I don’t know if anyone here is interested in the game, but it could be a place where we discuss how our towns are doing, plans for the future etc. 

I have watched lot's of videos on Animal Crossing and it's growing on me more and more. I'm thinking about getting a copy on my 3ds or my Nintendo Switch. 

Finished playing God of War 2018 and I honestly can say it’s one of the best games I’ve played. Seeing Kratos so mature and calm was so nice after his rage and revenge of the original games and him being a father protecting his son was touching. I really liked how it started out as a simple story, taking his dead wife’s ashes to the top of the highest peak, and turned into so much more. Kratos and Atreus’ relationship ls with the other characters was also great and whoda thunk Jormungander would be such a sweetie? Not many Norse figures compared to the previous games amount of Greek figures but considering there aren’t as many Æsir or Vanir compared to the Greek Pantheon or as many recognizable monsters it makes sense, especially since one of the characters is actually Celtic!

Since this game is practically the beginning of Ragnarok I’m expecting the next game to have Thor as the main villain or have Freya rally the Vanir to avenge Baldur while a third Morse game would have Odin as the main villain. Since we did have hints at the other mythological realms, Egypt, Mesoamerica, Shinto, Celtic, maybe we could get some figures from those places, maybe even some Greek gods coming to Midgard to get revenge on Kratos for what happened in Greece with the fall of Olympus.

I don’t really know where to put this so I’m just going to leave it here, but we’ve gotten more information about Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and I’m so excited! Over 90 remastered music tracks, updated graphics, and a new epilogue story! I can’t wait to play it. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

6 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I don’t really know where to put this so I’m just going to leave it here, but we’ve gotten more information about Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and I’m so excited! Over 90 remastered music tracks, updated graphics, and a new epilogue story with Shulk and Melia! I can’t wait to play it. 

I feel as though I've been indirectly spoiled with that information.

9 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

I feel as though I've been indirectly spoiled with that information.

There's nothing there that can spoil someone. "Shulk and Melia survive" is the only thing, and that's not exactly the greatest spoiler imaginable. Saying that your protagonist and one of the myriad of party members survives doesn't say a lot. 

5 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

There's nothing there that can spoil someone. "Shulk and Melia survive" is the only thing, and that's not exactly the greatest spoiler imaginable. Saying that your protagonist and one of the myriad of party members survives doesn't say a lot. 

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. I hope that's the case, it wouldn't be the first time.

15 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I don’t really know where to put this so I’m just going to leave it here, but we’ve gotten more information about Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and I’m so excited! Over 90 remastered music tracks, updated graphics, and a new epilogue story! I can’t wait to play it. 

My favorite game of all time. Can’t come soon enough!

33 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I’m sorry, I didn’t intend to try and spoil anything. But as aneonfoxtribute said, I don’t think there was anything in my post that leads to massive spoilers. I’ll edit my original post, though. 

Oh, no worries. My imagination just gets a little wild whenever I learn something. "So those two survive, but maybe some of the others don't? But maybe this means this other thing is true. But according to that poster from six years ago..." you know what I mean?

4 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Oh, no worries. My imagination just gets a little wild whenever I learn something. "So those two survive, but maybe some of the others don't? But maybe this means this other thing is true. But according to that poster from six years ago..." you know what I mean?

Yeah, I do that all the time as well. I have a bad habit of going into YouTube comment sections for game soundtracks and reading the comments without having finished the game, so I definitely know the feeling. I learn this new bit of information, then just run with it. Happily, sometimes my assumptions are false, but sometimes they’re not. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

20 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Yeah, you are definitely reading too much into it. Your endgame party all survives the end of the game.